Cheers to the Chicago White Sox

Steve9347

Sure, this was a disappointing season, but how many people get the chance to see their team even try to defend a World Championship?

KW will have this team where it needs to be next season, but I just wanted to point out that it was still an enjoyable season to watch, and I'll never forget the rain-delayed game vs. Cleveland on a Sunday night in early April... presenting a World Championship Banner.

Oh, and then the Ring Ceremony the following Tuesday.

Let's go White Sox! For 2005, the celebration that was this entire last year, and for the future, which is incredibly bright!

:cheers

Edited by Steve9347

Sox will be back next year. Key moves in my mind...

Pods gone, Uribe traded...Jimmy Rollins signs with the Sox. Fields gets an opportunity to start in left after an awesome spring training.

For some reason the untouchable Brandon McCarthy I strongly believe will be traded away...The devil rays said they would have to have Brandon. How about a trade that would send Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy to the Rays for Crawford.

2007 Lineup

Crawford

Rollins

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Pierzynski

Crede

Iguchi

Fields

2 out of 3 years???

QUOTE(ILoveThisGame @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)

Pods gone, Uribe traded...Jimmy Rollins signs with the Sox. Fields gets an opportunity to start in left after an awesome spring training.

For some reason the untouchable Brandon McCarthy I strongly believe will be traded away...The devil rays said they would have to have Brandon. How about a trade that would send Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy to the Rays for Crawford.

2007 Lineup

Crawford

Rollins

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Pierzynski

Crede

Iguchi

Fields

2 out of 3 years???

They'll be back next year !! (and well rested I might add)... :angry: :D

QUOTE(ILoveThisGame @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)

2007 Lineup

Crawford

Rollins

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Pierzynski

Crede

Iguchi

Fields

2 out of 3 years???

1. Rollins is not a FA

2. Anderson is not going anywhere, and he won't be on the bench

3. Crawford is not playing CF if he comes to the Sox

4. That's like a $120 million payroll. That is just plain and simply not going to happen. The payroll may increase a little bit; it's not increasing $20 million.

What really sucks is that I adopted the Padres as my NL team back in 1994 when I left Chicago for SD. Sure, I am happy the Pads are still in it but it's not the same as last year when the team I have loved since birth was top dog and the Padres also made it as the wild card. I would say "Go Padres!" but in a very low tone.

QUOTE(Winning Ugly @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
What really sucks is that I adopted the Padres as my NL team back in 1994 when I left Chicago for SD. Sure, I am happy the Pads are still in it but it's not the same as last year when the team I have loved since birth was top dog and the Padres also made it as the wild card. I would say "Go Padres!" but in a very low tone.

Who is definitiely gone and definitely staying for the Sox per Kenny? I know Garcia and Podsednik are gone and Konerko and Dye are staying..

Does anyone know or is it just rumors?

Off topic: I live in the SW Suburbs..are they still building a Metra stop on 35th street?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
you never know with KW, but my guess would be

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

Jon Garland

Javier Vazquez

Brandon McCarthy

I'd like to think the same thing, but with KW as our GM who knows what he's thinking. Personally if the price tag wont be too high i'd like to take a shot at Zito, and thats only because i've had a man crush on him and his curve for years.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
I'd like to think the same thing, but with KW as our GM who knows what he's thinking. Personally if the price tag wont be too high i'd like to take a shot at Zito, and thats only because i've had a man crush on him and his curve for years.

Zito is an above average pitcher who's going to get Ace money this offseason. 3.91 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, .256 BAA, 95 BB/140 SO (this is just horrendous). 5 years, $12-$14M per for that? No thanks.

Zito is an above average pitcher who's going to get Ace money this offseason. 3.91 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, .256 BAA, 95 BB/140 SO (this is just horrendous). 5 years, $12-$14M per for that? No thanks.

If Zito goes to a hitter's park, he could quickly become an average starting pitcher.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

Jon Garland

Javier Vazquez

Brandon McCarthy

Garcia has been our best pitcher the second half... if anyone needs to go its Buehrle or Vasquez... in that order.

Garcia has been our best pitcher the second half... if anyone needs to go its Buehrle or Vasquez... in that order.

Sox starting pitchers since the ASB:

Garland, 3.15 ERA, 1.26 WHIP

Vazquez, 4.18 ERA, 1.22 WHIP

Garcia, 4.26 ERA, 1.17 WHIP

Contreras, 4.98 ERA, 1.33 WHIP

Buehrle, 6.01 ERA, 1.59 WHIP

Garcia clearly hasn't been the Sox best pitcher in the second half. I'd put him tied for second with Vazquez, who you want to get rid of.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

Jon Garland

Javier Vazquez

Brandon McCarthy

My son and I are arguing about this one! The way he ended the season and from the comments he has made my vote for odd man out is Buehrle.

I know it sounds crazy but he really sucked down the stretch and doesn't seem to have a clue on adjusting to pitching batting practice! He's a finesse pitcher who has lost his confidence - make a deal and get him to St. Louis where he want to pitch!

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)

Or trade Contreras while he still has value.

Buehrle's has none, while Vazquez has actually probably pitched the best all year out of any of the members of the rotation(great in April and May, horrendous in June and July, and then great again in August and September).

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
If I had to get rid of one Sox pitcher it would be Vazquez and put Bmac in as a starter.

Give the guys a standing ovation Sunday win or lose. Just to let them know that we still love them.

WIN IT AGAIN IN 2007!!

yes i will be there for the final home game. and yes i will give them a standing ovation for a great 2 year run. a world series title for the first time in 88 years and almost making it to the post season for consecutive seasons in the first time in franchise history? Not bad at all. 2007 will be a killer season! I can't wait to see what KW does. Operation #1 fix up the pen!!!!!