Linnwood

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is all your reaction?

Mine I must admit was pretty negative, mad that the Twins and Tigers completely

manhandled the Royals this year and we could do nothing with them.

Mad that we really played pretty bad against all teams in our division and the future

is definitely in jeopardy suddenly.

On one hand I feel like we have wasted a golden opportunity, that we had the type

of team that could make some noise.

Then I see Garland fall into the same rut as our other starters and simply wonder

what the bleep is goin on????

Our rotation which was supposed to be dominant for years now may be suspect.

Our bullpen is very bad with the exception of our closer.

And our lineup needs to be fixed.

A key injury to Paulie, Crede or Konerko could be a killer.

p.s. the indians fans are giving oz the choke sign.

I can't believe our season is over. WHo'd a thunk we could be this bad the second

half? Ever since Mark B was named an all star we tanked.

Edited by greg775

No, screw the Twins.

We know that they are a competitive, well-managed club year-in and year-out. We rolled over and gave it to them. It was ours to lose and we coughed it up.

Not a lot of teams repeat, but I really don't think it's an excuse. We had a better team than last year going into this season and didn't get it done. We had the tools. We played sloppy and couldn't get all the pistons firing together. But you know what? Somehow the Twins do it year-in and year-out with a tiny payroll. Four playoff berths in five years.

Why not us?

Anyway, I was too frustrated to watch after the score reached 6-1, so I made pan-seared tilapia, cilantro-lime rice and black beans, drank a few PBRs and watched Monday Night Football.

I want someone to pull a Torii Hunter on Joe Mauer. That play still pisses me off.

I don't know if im the only one, but I am not mad at the Twins or Tigers. I respect the Twins and actually I don't like the Tigers, but I envy both of them because that could have been us. I am very angry at my own team. The division could have easily been had even if there were 2 other competitive teams. If our team would have done their god damn job the division would be ours and we would be in the playoffs. In reality we get 3rd place and don't even qualify.

All I gotta say is KW better straighten this f***ing team out.

A big f*** you to Freddy, Javy, Cotts, Riske, Pods, and Uribe oh and I can't leave out Ozzie.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)
it's finally over. this team gave up after the all star break. i'm glad the final mathematical bulls*** is done. f*** THE SOX. they're gonna have to prove something to me next year as i have to predict them to finish 4th behind the indians...

Soxtalk needs to get over their Indians obsession. :lol:

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
While I am dissappointed I still think they will have an active offseason and will be back competing next year.they have a core and trade bait with some guys ready to come up. They were in a tough division. They had the pieces to win though. Its a hard sport to repeat in.

Kenny Williams will make this team a contender again, there's no doubt.

Well this was sadly fitting as my playoff tickets arrived in the mail today :crying

Oh well, I've been using this line all over the place, but this season was a great run for about 4 months. I for one had a blast attending a bunch of games and see no reason why that is going to change regardless of how good or bad they play.

Sure I'm disappointed, but look at the bright side, the Bears are 3-0, and the next White Sox season is only 6 months away. :chair

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
I for one had a blast attending a bunch of games and see no reason why that is going to change regardless of how good or bad they play.

I'll still give them a standing ovation during the final game of the year in Minnesota.

A big f*** you to Freddy, Javy, Cotts, Riske, Pods, and Uribe oh and I can't leave out Ozzie

I wouldn't tell em to f off, but I would give a thumbs down to those guys you mentioned as well as

Kenny Williams, Mark B, Alomar (I know he didn't do anything wrong, he's just too old), Mack (he actually would be an OK sub as long as it's not center I guess), Brian A (I know he's young but I tired of his feeble at bats and inability to make anything happen at the plate even when he got a couple hits), Cora, and BMac (see Anderson comments and substitute pitching for hitting).

Thumbs up go to Paulie, Dye, Thome, Iguchi, Crede, AJ, Jose C, Thornton and MacDougal, Jon Garland, Bobby, our trainer Herb Schneider (sp?), Cintron, Ozuna (for hustling at least), and our batboys.

On paper, starting next year assuming our second half effort is the real Sox, we are a fourth place team

in our division.

Hope we tinker and our pitching comes back to make us a contender.

Next year the twins and tigers will be the darlings of the division and get all the pub and hype.

good.

come back and get them next season. Don't let us down KW. We need a lead off hitter, two outfielders, a shortstop and some arms in the rotation and bullpen. Other than that, we're set!

Honestly, I believe 2006 was our season. It was our opportunity to use this VAUNTED starting rotation assembled from God's hands and -- at the least -- obtain a second straight playoff birth.

I'm willing to give Williams a pass. No one expected our elimination would occur before October baseball. He did a tremendous job strengthening a rotation and upgrading a stagnant offense. Criticize the Vazquez move, but he's proven himself valuable over the last month. Several occasions against quality opponents.

However, this offseason, I'm willing to accept any "building on the fly" scenario. I find it rather troublesome Minnesota continued their success without Liriano. Or Detroit's pitching, even if regression were to occur, have decent pitching prospects available. Cleveland still can't be overlooked and Kansas City has baseball minds running their organization now.

I'm just not too optimistic about next year. I don't feel comfortable HOPING Buehrle, Contreras, Garland all improve. Or McCarthy locates his rhythm last observed in September of 2005. If it were my decision, I'd trade Buehrle for a variety of blue-chip SP prospects and bullpen pieces; and Garcia for a lesser of the aforementioned proposal. Perhaps concentrate on a catching or middle infield prospect with whichever team desires Freddy. With McCarthy/Haegar in a rotation, the salary left could be used to sign a shortstop/backupC.

My thinking, and I'm certain many disagree, is we're ultimately going to fall short with anything short of a miraculous ressurection within the rotation. Some may BELIEVE that's going to occur, but I'd rather manage under the realm of reality and realize these pitchers don't possess the talent we may have believed. The division from bottom up is steadily progressing towards respectability. No longer can bank on guaranteed wins against Kansas City or Cleveland. Not that we ever did (esp. KC), but the time has past where our division record will reach an absurd, 2005 level.

I'll take a mediocre season if it prepares us beyond 07'. If Haegar/McCarthy fail miserably, atleast they're doing it for 18 million less than Buehrle and Garcia. If Buehrle rebounds, let him do it in the national league. I'd rather receive something for him now.

And I know someone is bound to mention our payroll, with the addition of a record setting attendance, inspiring Williams to "go for it" another season. I'll entertain such a thought for a brief moment. Go to Cheat's blog. Look at the figures. Applying estimated arbitration numbers and conservative substractions (esp. Garica), we're around 94 million. Still without a backup catcher,legitimate SS, backup IF, RP to replace Riske. Does 6-11 million ultimately cover this? There's not nearly as much money left as people may believe.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Honestly it's kind of a relief to me that it's officially over. Most of us knew a week ago that it was basically over, but we were suffering for any small hope. Now that it's over our main concentration is focusing on the offseason. Hopefully it'll be an active one that'll put us in contention again.

Sportscenter sure ripped into our club. According to the anchor (whoever the hell he is), our club watched ESPN rather than the TWins game. They knew their miserable season had finally concluded. No use watching a real team defeat the Royals.

There was even a shot of a fan holding up a sign saying, "Ozzie, who's choking now?" with the picture of Guillen from last season. Term "embarrassing" was used at the end of the highlight. Sure was. Now, we can sit back this postseason and reflect on the misery which we were all witness to.