The Office

Kyyle23

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of a downer episode this week. I dont think I have seen Michael that subdued in an episode ever. Im happy Dwight is back, but I am kind of surprised they didnt drag it out a little longer.

Messing with Andy was funny, I liked the phone trick.

I liked Dwights moments at Staples too, "If you need anything, I will literally be right here".

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
I thought it was ok. It was the first time I've seen it and I just wasn't overly impressed. I do have a different sense of humor though.

Im just messing with you, its not for everyone. :)

It would probably be much funnier if you got to watch season 1 and 2 so you had some background on the characters

Getting to know the characters is imperative to enjoying the show. Knowing their personalities, histories and quirks makes everything they do and say funnier.

I was also somewhat disappointed in tonight's episode. The phone in the ceiling trick was hilarious. Other than that, I didn't laugh nearly as much as the past 2-3 weeks.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 04:37 AM)
Getting to know the characters is imperative to enjoying the show. Knowing their personalities, histories and quirks makes everything they do and say funnier.

I was also somewhat disappointed in tonight's episode. The phone in the ceiling trick was hilarious. Other than that, I didn't laugh nearly as much as the past 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, it seeme that this episode was moreso getting to the story, mainly with the Jim/Karen thing at the end.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
Yeah, it seeme that this episode was moreso getting to the story, mainly with the Jim/Karen thing at the end.

I agree. As soon as Karen found out last week about Jim and Pam, I didnt think it would be long before she asked Jim about his feelings towards Pam. Of course, he asked Karen first if she wanted to help with a prank and she blew him off, she had to know he was going to ask Pam next.

I think the thing that threw me off about the whole episode was how down Michael seemed throughout the episode. And I know it was because he was without his right-hand man, but it just made Michael a completely different character. He had a couple of really funny lines when he was talking about how Andy creeped him out though, I was laughing when he was hiding behind the door when Andy was searching for him.

Im wondering whats up with Ryan and his psycho girlfriend, she hasnt been in much of any episodes since the dance.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)

I'm still wondering where they are taking the storyline with Michael and Jan. The picture Michael emailed everyone is still floating out there. They can't just let that angle die.

I did laugh at the Gaycation line. I find myself laughing at Kevin and Stanley more and more each week. The more you watch this show, the more you really take to the secondary characters. And speaking of, was Creed in this episode at all? I think both he and Kelly were MIA.

I'm probably the only one, but I was a little sad for Karen. That was rough.

I think my favorite in the episode was Jim's talking head when he said, "Congratulations universe, you win." That's my new motto.

Not as funny as last week, but solid and moved the plot along nicely.

"I've broken it down into three parts for you: "Professional Resume, Athletic & Skills Resume, and Dwight Schrute trivia"

"How would describe myself? Three words: Hard-working, Alpha-male and Jackhammer!"

:D

This was more of a "bridge" episode. It is setting up plotlines for the upcoming episodes.

But I agree, I wish there was more "Staples" action.

Edited by RibbieRubarb