new weeknight start time

Dick Allen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
Or throw it into the player development pool each year. That could buy them a solid younger player or two per season.

They'll need a LOT more than an additional 1.5 million. Need atleast 10 million to shovel away the crap we're witnessing within our system.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
Keep dumping money into the stadium; make it look better and better.

This is a non story. Who cares?

Actually it's $1.5M more that can go into the payroll of the team (per Brooks Boyer) I'd say that's pretty significant.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
Actually it's $1.5M more that can go into the payroll of the team (per Brooks Boyer) I'd say that's pretty significant.

I think the argument against it is that, as the Sox are expected to have a payroll around $100M this year, the $500K per year only represents roughly a .5% increase in payroll. It's like spitting in the Lake Michigan.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
I think the argument against it is that, as the Sox are expected to have a payroll around $100M this year, the $500K per year only represents roughly a .5% increase in payroll. It's like spitting in the Lake Michigan.

Yet what is the downside to starting games 4 minutes later than usual?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Yet what is the downside to starting games 4 minutes later than usual?

I don't think anyone is arguing over the 4 minutes. It's just that the $500K figure is a drop in the bucket. The Sox don't seem to have extracted what they could have for the move, as evidenced by the giddy spokewoman "We think it's worth way more than $500,000."

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
I don't think anyone is arguing over the 4 minutes. It's just that the $500K figure is a drop in the bucket. The Sox don't seem to have extracted what they could have for the move, as evidenced by the giddy spokewoman "We think it's worth way more than $500,000."

Exactly my thoughts

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)

Oh yeah I totally agree with you on that, I was mainly tackling the claim that this is a "non-story".