Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
Bobby Knight makes contact with another player during a timeout.

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really have a problem with it. The kid was day dreaming while Knight was trying to get a point across so he gave him a little tap to make the kid pay attention. It's not like he choked the kid like a previous incident.

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really have a problem with it. The kid was day dreaming while Knight was trying to get a point across so he gave him a little tap to make the kid pay attention. It's not like he choked the kid like a previous incident.

You are one of the rare non-sensitive crowd these days. While I'm not a Bobby Knight fan, even being at TTU, I still don't have much of a problem with this incident. This kind of stuff happens verbally all the time, and physically in football all the time.

Still, Knight needs to get #$%@ slapped one of these days to see how he's been treating everyone around him his entire life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2661594

Edited by Palehosefan

The illini looked impressive last night, jamar smith was having a lights out game............until he limped off the court in the late first half (i believe).

It is now being reported that he's out 4-6 weeks, with brian randle also being week to week (he also limped out, but came back shortly afterwards).

Anyways, as far as yesterday's game, it was basically jamar's day, he had 20 points early on. Pruitt also looked good.

Oh yeah, and brian carlwell is a f***ing beast.

I actually had no problem with what Bobby Knight did either. After all, if your not maintaining eye contact at all times as your being publically humiliated on national tv, you deserved to get a full b**** slap to the face. Stupid ass kids!!! Plus, this is the first time Knight has done something like this, so his history means he deserves a free pass.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
They'll survive with this year's weak OOC....unless these injuries are nagging.

true, but the latter part of your statement is what is most worrisome. groins and ankles have a tendency to turn into nagging problems.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
true, but the latter part of your statement is what is most worrisome. groins and ankles have a tendency to turn into nagging problems.

Well sitting a guy 4 to 6 weeks with an ankle tells me they are making sure Jamar totally heals, however i'm really worried about the situation with Randle nagging all season since it bothered him again last night.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
Consider me in the camp of the Knight "incident" being a bunch of ado about nothing.

I don't agree with everything he does, but I wouldn't consider that alarming at all.

me neither.

and on the indiana game they just referred to it as the "bob knight situation."

gmafb.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
me neither.

and on the indiana game they just referred to it as the "bob knight situation."

gmafb.

I can't stand it, because it just gives Dicky V more reason to rant about Knight, as he doesn't do enough every time he does an IU game.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
I can't stand it, because it just gives Dicky V more reason to rant about Knight, as he doesn't do enough every time he does an IU game.

BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS, THE GENERAL ROBERT MONTGOMERY KNIGHT IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME BABY!!!

*hurls*

Northwestern is about to beat DePaul in Evanston. Either DePaul is really bad or Northwestern is at least respectable this year. I was expecting single digit wins from NU this year. The Cornell loss confirmed my expectations, but this DePaul win is out of nowhere. It's a nice win for a young team, they need some form of confidence early in the year.

Northwestern is AWFUL this year, they lost their 2 best players and got beat at home by Cornell on Friday. They are almost a lock for 11th in the Big Ten, and this loss along with the beatdown taken at Bradley (who lost 4 starters) just shows DePaul's progress we heard about this offseason was a myth. Another season failing to even make the Big East Tournament is likely imminent.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
wainwright is just such a horrifically atrocious coach...

There is a lot of talent on the DePaul team....Wainwright just coaches them like he wants to lose the games though. It's pretty amazing, I have no idea how he's had so much success as a coach.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
There is a lot of talent on the DePaul team....Wainwright just coaches them like he wants to lose the games though. It's pretty amazing, I have no idea how he's had so much success as a coach.

He hasn't.

He was a mediocre mid-major coach.

In my opinion, the problem stems back to how the coaching search, or lack thereof, occurred. When leitao left for virginia, DePaul was the premier coaching vacancy at the time. Rather than trying to make a big splash and going for a big name, or a young, successful mid-major coach, DePaul reverted to its cheap, "little school under the L" mentality and hired a mediocre, old, inexpensive coach. He's just not cut out for the Big East. He looks like he's in over his head, and the blowout of 'cuse last year was more of an aberration for those who followed the team throughout the season. The same problems from last year are rearing their ugly head this year, and then some.

I hated the hire from day one. Unless there's some sort of huge turnaround, which I fully do not expect to see, I hope we are not stuck with him for the duration of his contract. All I can do is hope for some sort of success, but it already feels like they've quickly killed the season, not to mention extinguishing what little buzz the program was getting, in 2 games.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 03:14 AM)
Well Marquette was a lot better tonight. James and Hayward were dominant, and so were they in an 87-45 win over Detroit.

:)

I was told Hayward had an outside jumper. I didn't see it.

Until tonight. Great win up and down. The only player who notably played real bad was Fitzgerald.

Watch SC tonight. James threw an ally-oop from a couple steps in front of halfcourt to Lawrence Blackledge who threw it down. Dude has some LONG arms. On the next possesion James came down and threw a behind-the-back pass to Barro who slammed it.

Really fun night. There will be tough nights when the shots don't fall, but man, we're going to be tough to beat when we play like we did tonight (I know you can say that about plenty of other teams, too, however).