Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
UC Riverside tied with Iowa State...not much magic there this year......

ISU beat a bad UCR team 69-61. They are working to develop chemistry, especially missing one of our starting forwards. Mike Taylor made his Cyclone debut with 22 points. I'm pretty sure Rahshon Clark was sick/hurt cause he was slow and limpy for most of the game.

We can win ugly as long as we win.

BTW, the Magic will be back.

Patrick Beverley lit it up for 29 on 11 of 13 shooting tonight. Good thing Illinois wouldn't offer him due to "missing transcripts".

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
Yay, ISU opens up tonight, against thei UC-Riverside Fightin' Gages.

I'm glad you guys came back. Gage woulda never let you hear the end of it otherwise.

Patrick Beverley lit it up for 29 on 11 of 13 shooting tonight. Good thing Illinois wouldn't offer him due to "missing transcripts".

i don't at all feel good about how that scenario is going to work out.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)

I'm glad you guys came back. Gage woulda never let you hear the end of it otherwise.

They didn't offer him because they wanted to see his transcripts. Considering he was in his senior year, it really isn't an outrageous request. Before you offer a guy already in his senior year, it is a good idea to know if he will even qualify. I would have liked to have him, but if you can't take 10 minutes to fax your transcripts well then you don't deserve a scholarship. But I guess that is all Weber's fault.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Good effort by Sam Houston, but TTU pulls it out with a 79-64 final. Bright is a good player.

We played a horrible game, yeah Bright is real good.. Jejuan Plair is in my Basketball/Soccer class, he was the conference newcomer of the year last year hes pretty good too

Well, Marquette won last night by ten...

But they were pretty terrible. Dominic James, in particular, was 3-of-15 from the field. As usual, he gets to the basket quite easily, but has a tough time getting his shot over the big guys and ends up throwing up some slop shot or making a bad pass. McNeal and Matthews weren't a whole lot better, combining for nine turnovers. The #4 ranked backcourt in the nation certainly hasn't lived up to the billing.

The only encouragement I got was from Ooose Barro, Marquette's starting center who will need to play well if Marquette has any hopes at finishing top four in the Big East. He had real good positioning all game long on the boards, and defended pretty well too.

I'm very unimpressed through two games. The talent is there, but they aren't cohesive yet. Maybe I'm expecting too much for just two games, but I'm hoping after this tourney starting Monday, they'll be looking a lot better.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Gage never went to Riverside, but I'm sure he knows they suck, and hard.

Next up, Louisiana Monroe, the FIGHTIN Warhawks.

Duh...Fullerton's basketball team is better than Riversides...therefore....Fullerton > ISU :lol:

Hawkeyes destroyed Buena Vista in there final preseason game.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 02:49 AM)
F U C K...blown out by bradley...AGAIN...there goes all the preseason buzz...once again, you are a terrible coach, wainwright...

i'm a little surprised at that considering the disparity in experience between the teams.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
First upset of the year in the first decent matchup of the year. I thought Zona was overrated. Shakur is absolute garbage, he's so overrated.

Zona is definitely overrated, UVA is a pretty solid team however.

The Noles took care of McNeese State 85-65. Good game by the Noles after getting off to a slow start. I'm worried about our inside game though.

We face a Valley team tomorrow in Illinois State who lost a heartbreaker to SMU before the Nole game started. It was a fun game to watch though since ISU came back from like 11 down to tie it up only to be defeated by a tip in with time expiring.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
The Noles took care of McNeese State 85-65. Good game by the Noles after getting off to a slow start. I'm worried about our inside game though.

We face a Valley team tomorrow in Illinois State who lost a heartbreaker to SMU before the Nole game started. It was a fun game to watch though since ISU came back from like 11 down to tie it up only to be defeated by a tip in with time expiring.

ISU(the Illinois one, not the stupid Iowa one :) ) is a very dangerous team.