Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
Huh? If it were all about stats, Nash wouldn't have the two he has. Fact is Nash is having his best season yet. If the Suns win 55-60 games, he has a good chance to get it again.

Arenas also is much more important to his team than Nash is to his. And stats do factor in the decision they just arent the end all of it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
Arenas also is much more important to his team than Nash is to his. And stats do factor in the decision they just arent the end all of it.

It says alot when Barbossa takes the last second shot for the suns, and Arenas does for the Wiz.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)

Have you seen the Suns without Nash? They're awful. He makes that whole team go. Arenas does one thing real well: Score. He's a poor man's Iverson. And the stats argument is weak. Kobe and Lebron both averaged way more points and rebounds last year. Did that mean anything? Nash is shooting OVER 50% from the field AND from 3. Just think about that for a second. That's unheard of. He's damn near 90% from the line. Up over 20 PPG. Makes EVERYBODY around him a better player. Can you honestly say that about a shoot-happy chucker like Arenas? That's not even getting into the difference in the two conferences. The Suns would win 'atleast' 65 games in the pathetic east. The Wiz wouldn't crack .500 in the west.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
It says alot when Barbossa takes the last second shot for the suns, and Arenas does for the Wiz.

That actually doesn't say a thing.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
Have you seen the Suns without Nash? They're awful. He makes that whole team go. Arenas does one thing real well: Score. He's a poor man's Iverson. And the stats argument is weak. Kobe and Lebron both averaged way more points and rebounds last year. Did that mean anything? Nash is shooting OVER 50% from the field AND from 3. Just think about that for a second. That's unheard of. He's damn near 90% from the line. Up over 20 PPG. Makes EVERYBODY around him a better player. Can you honestly say that about a shoot-happy chucker like Arenas? That's not even getting into the difference in the two conferences. The Suns would win 'atleast' 65 games in the pathetic east. The Wiz wouldn't crack .500 in the west.

That actually doesn't say a thing.

Ok I just said earlier that stats arent everything but they do matter when two guys are in a close race. And no way in hell can you argue whose more important to his team. The Suns arent an elite team without Nash but probably still a playoff team in a tough west conference. The Wizards are in the lottery without Arenas.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
I wouldn't care if they were a bad team. But for a while I thought they had the players and talent to hang with any team. I still believe that, but I'm starting to think they might be one impact player short. They just don't have the finishers on the club right now, and they still haven't figured out that you need to win on the road every so often.

I feel very strongly that Luol Deng is the guy. He could be a Carmelo type player for us IMO.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
Deng is without question an All-Star, but he hasn't been there late in ballgames certain times this season. I love Deng, and IMO is far from the Bulls problems.

And here is why: Check out who takes a majority of the shots late in the game, its Ben Gordon. He not only takes the shots, but spend alot of the time dribbling to create the shot. I really think the ball needs to go through Deng on the wing, let him drive, shoot, or kick to the guards.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 07:16 PM)
I wouldn't care if they were a bad team. But for a while I thought they had the players and talent to hang with any team. I still believe that, but I'm starting to think they might be one impact player short. They just don't have the finishers on the club right now, and they still haven't figured out that you need to win on the road every so often.

We took advantage of a soft schedule but have again had trouble closing out good teams. We should have a couple more wins and I am dissapointed we didn't get those wins because upper echelon teams do that and right now we are basically teetering between being a good team and an upper echelon team. We are in the East so obviously we have a chance, but I still don't consider us upper echelon until we consistently beat both good teams and light up on the bad ones.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 09:09 AM)
We took advantage of a soft schedule but have again had trouble closing out good teams. We should have a couple more wins and I am dissapointed we didn't get those wins because upper echelon teams do that and right now we are basically teetering between being a good team and an upper echelon team. We are in the East so obviously we have a chance, but I still don't consider us upper echelon until we consistently beat both good teams and light up on the bad ones.

The real good news is...this team, for the next probably 4 or 5 years as currently constructed, should only get better, even as Ben Wallace gets older. The average age on the Bulls is still 25.6 years, and that's including the relatively ancient PJ Brown. There are still rookies developing, and more draft picks, and cap room/expiring contracts all available to the Bulls to get better. And even though the Bulls haven't yet taken that final step, it's damn encouraging to see the 2004 draft class suddenly this season stepping up and really looking good at what they do.

The good news for the Bulls is...if they want to be the best, there's time to learn. It's probably better that they learn now that they need to do more to close out a close game or beat a really good team than it is to learn that in the playoffs.

Now is when we start seeing what these players and Coach Skiles are made of.