Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

Iverson was really good in his debut, 22 points on efficient shooting from the field, and had 10 dimes. But he was only 2 of 6 from the line, which is all out bizarre for him, and the undermanned Nuggets lose a close home one to Sac-Town.

And the Bulls were beaten at New York. 56 to 35 on the glass, umm enough said. *vomits*

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Lee is actually turning into a very nice double / double machine.

If Isiah would actually just play the kids (Nate, Lee, Frye, Balkman, Curry), in a couple of years the Knicks would actually probably be pretty good.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 22, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)

If Isiah would actually just play the kids (Nate, Lee, Frye, Balkman, Curry), in a couple of years the Knicks would actually probably be pretty good.

Agreed, except on Balkman........I don't see much in him, but that's JMO.

And the Suns 15 game winning streak is OVA....they lose in OT to the Wiz as Gilbert scores 54.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 22, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)

?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Agreed, except on Balkman........I don't see much in him, but that's JMO.

And the Suns 15 game winning streak is OVA....they lose in OT to the Wiz as Gilbert scores 54.

Arenas is sick.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
?

Arenas is sick.

Curry's still quite young, under 25 isn't he (or maybe I'm just wrong on that).

He's actually having a fairly decent season though.

As for Balkman 101, he seems like a perfect 6th man in terms of the energy he brings off the bench. They signed Jeffries to start at SF though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
Curry's still quite young, under 25 isn't he (or maybe I'm just wrong on that).

He's actually having a fairly decent season though.

As for Balkman 101, he seems like a perfect 6th man in terms of the energy he brings off the bench. They signed Jeffries to start at SF though.

Your right about Balkman, but I hate energy 6th men. They are a dime a dozen.

Breaking News: Yao is out at least 6 weeks due to a fractured bone in his knee. OUCH!!

Also, Bulls win by 39 at home against Charlotte. Gotta beat up the weak teams like that, and you can clearly see that one of the dumbest men in NBA history (Bernie Bickerstaff) has done a lot of his magic with that roster. ICK.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
Just got back from the Bulls game. And this is no exaggeration, Adam Morrison might be the worst defender in NBA history, my god he's bad.

And Charlotte is probably the only people in the world surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)
Luol Deng is just plain sexy.

Having himself a very nice season, and has really become to Bulls go to guy on offense now. Borderline All - Star this season perhaps?

Also Orlando pick up a nice win over the Clippers who have been playing well lately. Starting to get quite bottled up at the top of the Eastern Comference Standings now.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Question: If the season ended today, is Nash the MVP again? He's having his best season yet.

Right now I'm going with Gilbert Arenas. That guy has been insane over the past month.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
Right now I'm going with Gilbert Arenas. That guy has been insane over the past month.

He's definitely a canidate. Along with guys like Dirk, Duncan, Boozer, Kobe, Lebron. But damn, Nash is sick. He's shooting over 50% from the field AND from 3. He's up over 20 ppg. He's, of course, leading the league in dimes. He just gets better with age.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
He's definitely a canidate. Along with guys like Dirk, Duncan, Boozer, Kobe, Lebron. But damn, Nash is sick. He's shooting over 50% from the field AND from 3. He's up over 20 ppg. He's, of course, leading the league in dimes. He just gets better with age.

Agreed. It seems like Nash gets random dislike from some circles because he is "not worthy" of being a "2-time MVP winner". Whatever the hell that means, Nash is just unbelievable.

Skiles loves Nash:

"Nash is the system," Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. "I don't mean to shortchange anybody else or anything. But he's the best basketball player on the face of the Earth. I don't think it's even close.

"He can shoot the ball. He can go right or left. He can finish right or left. He has a middle game. He has the best vision in the league. He's probably the best-conditioned player in the league."

Is that all? Actually, no.

"People may say he's not athletic," Skiles continued. "What they should say is he's not a great leaper. But everything else athletically he does well. He moves well laterally. He's fast. He has great hand-eye coordination. He pivots on either foot. He has no real offensive weakness. And he is responsible for a style of play. Not many guys are that good."

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)

Right now I'd call it a 2 man race b/w Nash and Arenas with Boozer close behind.

But you're right on Nash, people think his stats would get worse as he gets older and more susceptible to injury, but that just hasn't been the case.

Big win last night for us. Really excited about the Suns this year we have a lot of weapons and it should be a fun rest of the season.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
Question: If the season ended today, is Nash the MVP again? He's having his best season yet.

He has to be close. Steve has hit so many big shots this year for us maybe not game winners but still big shots none of the less.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
Right now I'd call it a 2 man race b/w Nash and Arenas with Boozer close behind.

But you're right on Nash, people think his stats would get worse as he gets older and more susceptible to injury, but that just hasn't been the case.

Who are Steve Nash, Larry Bird, and Bill Russell?

A: (potentially) The only 3 men to ever win back to back to back NBA MVP awards.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 10:59 AM)
Who are Steve Nash, Larry Bird, and Bill Russell?

A: (potentially) The only 3 men to ever win back to back to back NBA MVP awards.

Nash is ridiculous, but Amare took over that game last night, he was just sick.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 12:35 PM)
Right now, There is no way the MVP cant go to Arenas. He is avging 10 more points, 1 more board, and 2 steals a game compared to Nash's less than 1. The only thing Nash leads in is 10 or 11 assists per game compared to 6-7 for Arenas.

Huh? If it were all about stats, Nash wouldn't have the two he has. Fact is Nash is having his best season yet. If the Suns win 55-60 games, he has a good chance to get it again.