Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge brawl in the Nuggets blowout of the Knicks in New York. 10 ejections, and Carmelo Anthony landed a solid right cross on Mardy Collins, who started it all with a flagrant 2 foul on J.R. Smith. It was pretty ugly.

And the Bulls get a very nice OT win at Atlanta.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
It wasn't even a punch that Anthony threw, it was more of a slap. Jared Jefferies would have beat Melo's ass had Marcus Camby not tackled him.

Ya, not sure what that was exactly. Gotta love when someone throws a "punch" and then just runs away, tough guy.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
It wasn't even a punch that Anthony threw, it was more of a slap. Jared Jefferies would have beat Melo's ass had Marcus Camby not tackled him.

Jeffries is probably one of the biggest sissies in the NBA. He wanted a slap fight.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 03:23 AM)
Jeffries is probably one of the biggest sissies in the NBA. He wanted a slap fight.

And Carmelo proved yesterday that he ranks right up there with the biggest b****es in the league. I don't see how you could have any respect for a guy who would slap and run like that.

Knicks had no business fouling like that when down by 20 with a minute to go.

Then again Denver had no business keeping Anthony and Camby in a blowout.

I still give Carmelo credit for slapping that gnat from the Knicks who started the fight with his cheap foul on JR Smith.

Nate Robinson was jumping in there like he was going to do something, but JR Smith would have pounded his midget ass.

And now ESPN is reporting that Isaiah Thomas warned Anthony before that something was going to go down cause he and Camby were left on the floor in a blowout like that.

The NBA should just suspend the Knicks organization for the rest of the year and save them the embarassment they put on the floor every night.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
And now ESPN is reporting that Isaiah Thomas warned Anthony before that something was going to go down cause he and Camby were left on the floor in a blowout like that.

The NBA should just suspend the Knicks organization for the rest of the year and save them the embarassment they put on the floor every night.

I don't see how, if this was premeditated to the point of Isiah giving out a warning (the game was pretty close until there was about 4 minutes left), the NBA could even consider being lenient. They ought to hammer the Knicks, that's just ridiculous, to tell someone to "stay out of the lane" and then actually have someone do it. Remember what happened last year in college when Cheney sent in that "goon" to start fouling and it wound up ruining the season for some kid?

And Melo ought to get a heck of a suspension, just because that shot happened after almost everything else had calmed down.

And even though JR Smith had every right to respond to that kind of foul, it would have been much better for his team if he had just taken it, let Robinson get his suspension, and gotten off the court. Now, Melo's probably going to be out for 10 games because he responded, which is really going to hurt the Nuggets. Just makes me a little happier the Bulls let him go.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
And Carmelo proved yesterday that he ranks right up there with the biggest b****es in the league. I don't see how you could have any respect for a guy who would slap and run like that.

They both suck at life IMO.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 11:01 AM)
Yep Isaiah should have had atleast a fine, and I find it kind of weird that the player that apparently carried out Isaiah's orders came from playing under Cheney.

Just wait until he shoots someone in the face.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
Isaiah has to coach the Knicks. That should be punishment enough. :D

Isiah created that team. the only people getting punished are the New York fans.

Not that I feel bad for NY fans, but still. The currently constructed Knicks team is an expensive turd, NY fans know how bad this is and shouldnt have to face further punishment from Isiah instructing his team to play pick up basketball rules.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
You think this is excessive? Why?

Not to justify hitting a guy, but Nate Robinson, Mardy Collins, and Isiah Tomas who escalated it to that level don't even get the same amount of games? Thats why it's excessive

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
15 games is perfectly fine. This stuff is inexcusable in the NBA, and maybe people will think twice knowing they'll get 15 for it.

again, 15 games for one punch? Another sign of Stern trying too hard to "clean" the image of the league

He's the only one that threw such a huge sucker punch (then ran away like a girl, mind you).

The NBA needs cleaning up. I think people just don't want Carmelo out 15 because it's Carmelo. I'm glad Stern looked past the name on the jersey to make this decision.

If you only get 5 games for punching someone...well, why not do it?

And please don't compare Isiah using words to Carmelo using fists. No way suspensions should be equal.