Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Carlos Arroyo = one of the best, if not the best backup PG in the league today.

Arroyo was bearking out in Utah and didn't he have a bad relationship with Sloan? Than in Detroit he never had a chance with all that talent in front of him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
The Mavs need to start winning so that the Knicks can have the worst record in basketball. ;)

Yeah, how the hell does anybody, let alone Dallas, lose at home to the WARRIORS?? That's awful. Oh, and Utah won again, against Detroit no less, to move to 4-0. If Kirilenko and Boozer can stay healthy (yeah, I know a big if), they could be pretty damn good.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
With a huge wingspan and better penetration and passing ability. Duhon has to be expendable by now IMO.

Six foot point guards are literally a dime a dozen in the NBA. Duhon is a solid defender and ballhandler, but he doesn't have the shooting touch to make his value higher than most.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
Thabo is head and shoulders a more talented player than Duhon IMO.

Oh well of course. I'm just saying I hope Thabo quickly proves he can run the point on offense, because if he does, Thabo will play a lot and Duhon will get Jannero Pargo circa 2005 minutes, which improves this team.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
Agreed, he has also shown he is an excellent ball hawk with his steals and decent defense.

Otis Smith said recently the Magic almost took Thabo at 11 instead of Redick, but they didn't want to take another international player after the Vazquez debacle last time, which is kind of crazy if you ask me.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Anyone think Duhon's name might be one that comes up in trade talks come Feb.? (especially depending on how the Knickerbockers do?)

Maybe, but I am not sure he would have much trade value to be honest. Unless the guy has really sharpened up his deep game, there isn't anything about Chris that is that special in the grand scheme of things. He is a good ball player, but 6 foot PGs who can handle and play defense are a dime a dozen.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 07:07 AM)
Maybe, but I am not sure he would have much trade value to be honest. Unless the guy has really sharpened up his deep game, there isn't anything about Chris that is that special in the grand scheme of things. He is a good ball player, but 6 foot PGs who can handle and play defense are a dime a dozen.

I'd find a way to acquire Channing Frye. He doesn't seem to be getting a ton of minutes and he could be the final piece to the puzzle, imo.

Curry is playing pretty darn well in Isiah's system.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
I'd find a way to acquire Channing Frye. He doesn't seem to be getting a ton of minutes and he could be the final piece to the puzzle, imo.

Curry is playing pretty darn well in Isiah's system.

Curry is playing well, but we'll see how long he can keep his ass in shape and actually give a damn. As for Frye.....he's Loren Woods with a 15 foot jumper. No thanks.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
Curry is playing well, but we'll see how long he can keep his ass in shape and actually give a damn. As for Frye.....he's Loren Woods with a 15 foot jumper. No thanks.

Id gladly take whichevr one the Knicks willing to trade Fyre or Lee. I think we need to make a trade soon with all these players we have. Idonno if Pax wants to do it this season with the expiring contract of PJ Brown use it to bring in a star or in the off-season. But I think a trade will happen.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
Id gladly take whichevr one the Knicks willing to trade Fyre or Lee. I think we need to make a trade soon with all these players we have. Idonno if Pax wants to do it this season with the expiring contract of PJ Brown use it to bring in a star or in the off-season. But I think a trade will happen.

Well, we've got Brown's contract, a boat load of 2nd round picks, a full 15 player rotation, Duhon, and if necessary, the Knickerbockers pick...so the Bulls do have a ton of assets to deal.

It would be pretty silly of Pax not to at least be in the discussion come trade deadline, as many people/assets as the Bulls have.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Well, we've got Brown's contract, a boat load of 2nd round picks, a full 15 player rotation, Duhon, and if necessary, the Knickerbockers pick...so the Bulls do have a ton of assets to deal.

It would be pretty silly of Pax not to at least be in the discussion come trade deadline, as many people/assets as the Bulls have.

He'll be listening, but odds are he won't make a move, because it would hit the salary cap considerations hard with all of the players we have coming up for extentions. We might aquire an expiring contract, but we'll see.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Deron Williams = good

Giving up a pair of 1's to take him instead of Chris Paul is still an epically stupid draft day move. If Deron Williams becomes the best player he can be, he'd only still be maybe equally as good as Chris Paul. And you gave up a pair of 1's to take him over Paul. Just not smart.

I love Deron though, with that said, and am glad to see him off to such a great start. He is a very good player.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
Giving up a pair of 1's to take him instead of Chris Paul is still an epically stupid draft day move. If Deron Williams becomes the best player he can be, he'd only still be maybe equally as good as Chris Paul. And you gave up a pair of 1's to take him over Paul. Just not smart.

I love Deron though, with that said, and am glad to see him off to such a great start. He is a very good player.

Deron has absolutely no chance of being as good as Chris Paul (Paul has a great ceiling and is already lightyears better than Deron).

I like Deron too, but that was an idiotic move the Jazz made.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Deron has absolutely no chance of being as good as Chris Paul (Paul has a great ceiling and is already lightyears better than Deron).

I like Deron too, but that was an idiotic move the Jazz made.

He could make it close. Deron could be a much better scorer if his shot is more consistent (which it will be one day IMO), and is already a way better defender. I agree he won't ever be as good, but he could be somewhat close, which turns that trade from one of the worst in NBA history to just a really really bad one.

Edited by whitesoxfan101