Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

I've been saying for a long time now that we should have dealt a package around Gordon for Randolph, Gasol, or Garnett.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
Did you watch the first half? He stepped up in the second half, but he looked like absolute s*** in the first.

Garbage time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.0 CHI Personal foul on Tyrus Thomas

4.0 DET Chauncey Billups made 1st of 2 Free Throws

4.0 DET Chauncey Billups made 2nd of 2 Free Throws

1.0 CHI Kirk Hinrich missed 3-pt. Jump Shot

0.0 End of period.

2nd Qtr

TIME TEAM PLAY

12:00 Start of period

11:45 DET Tayshaun Prince missed Jump Shot

11:41 DET Offensive Rebound by Richard Hamilton

11:30 DET Chauncey Billups made 3-pt. Jump Shot

11:18 CHI Tyrus Thomas missed Jump Shot

11:12 DET Defensive Rebound by Richard Hamilton

11:09 DET Chauncey Billups made 3-pt. Jump Shot

10:52 CHI Offensive foul on Tyrus Thomas

10:52 CHI Offensive Foul turnover on Tyrus Thomas

I duno, but it looked a lot worse than that too. He finished with 2 points in that half.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
L1KE OMGZ BEN JORDON FOR MVPEEEEEE!

Did Ben Gordon kill your dog? This has been a pathetic display by the ENTIRE team. Let's face it: Detroit is not Miami. The only thing the Heat had going for them was they were defending champs. The Pistons present a host of different problems for the Bulls.

One, we can't stop their guards. We've got nobody that can contain Billups. Chauncey is too strong and thick for our guards. Hinrich is obviously our best chance against him. Problem with that is Ben Gordon is matched up with either the 6'7 Richard Hamilton or the 6'9 Tashuan (is that how you spell it?) Prince.

Second, we also can't stop Rasheed Wallace. He's a tough cover because he's such a strong threat from the perimiter. Well, P.J. Brown is like 100 and has no business trying to defend 23 feet from the basket. Tyrus is too young and inconsistent to be expected to play heavy minutes against anyone, let alone a Rasheed Wallace. Who else do we have? Webber is also making life rough for us. He might be past his prime, but he can still shoot and score in the post. We can't double him because they have so many other guys that can hurt you. So he's going 1 on 1 against whoever and doing his thing.

Third, their bench is killings ours. With Nocioni obviously hurting, we've got no offense coming from the bench. Duhon, Tyrus, Griffin and Thabo are all offensively-challenged. They're getting contributions from multiple guys off their bench.

Fourth, Deng and Gordon have to score. We're offensively-challenged as it is. We need those two guys to play well very badly. Deng hasn't looked good at all. He just doesn't seem to be in any sort of rhythm (credit the Pistons D for that). Gordon has been in foul trouble both games. We simply can't afford to have him on the bench. His scoring is critical. Kirk also has to look to score more.

Lastly, I'm not that dissapointed that we're down 0-2. I'm dissapointed that we've gotten our butts kicked twice, but I never expected us to win the series. We're very much improved from a year ago. But we're still very much flawed. And the Pistons are exposing our flaws and then some. Paxson has done a great job, but there's still a lot of work to be done. We desperately need to get a low-post scorer.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
Did you watch the first half? He stepped up in the second half, but he looked like absolute s*** in the first.

All but 3 guys looked like s*** for 2 halfs, so that's an improvement.

The Bulls had a 52 to 23 edge in FT attempts. The Bulls had 13 turnovers to the Pistons 21. The Bulls only had 24 fouls to the Pistons 36. Steals were 9 to 4 Bulls, blocks were 5 to 1 Bulls. The free goal percentage of the Bulls was up tonight, the Pistons was about the same. And the Bulls STILL lost by 21, and were outrebounded by 21. That tells you this: The Pistons actually are that much better. how scary.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
All but 3 guys looked like s*** for 2 halfs, so that's an improvement.

The Bulls had a 52 to 23 edge in FT attempts. The Bulls had 13 turnovers to the Pistons 21. The Bulls only had 24 fouls to the Pistons 36. Steals were 9 to 4 Bulls, blocks were 5 to 1 Bulls. The free goal percentage of the Bulls was up tonight, the Pistons was about the same. And the Bulls STILL lost by 21, and were outrebounded by 21. That tells you this: The Pistons actually are that much better. how scary.

The Pistons are shooting that ball at an incredible percentage. They move the ball really well. It helps that every member of their starting 5 is an offensive threat. I don't expect them to shoot as well in Chicago.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
The Pistons are shooting that ball at an incredible percentage. They move the ball really well. It helps that every member of their starting 5 is an offensive threat. I don't expect them to shoot as well in Chicago.

Ok, maybe we'll only lose by 10 in game 3 then :)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
Fourth, Deng and Gordon have to score. We're offensively-challenged as it is. We need those two guys to play well very badly. Deng hasn't looked good at all. He just doesn't seem to be in any sort of rhythm (credit the Pistons D for that). Gordon has been in foul trouble both games. We simply can't afford to have him on the bench. His scoring is critical. Kirk also has to look to score more.

I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility on that one. Deng hasn't looked good (even though he's dropping 17 a game this series) but Gordon's struggles are because of foul trouble...even though he's scored a total of 20 points in 2 games. Come on now.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility on that one. Deng hasn't looked good (even though he's dropping 17 a game this series) but Gordon's struggles are because of foul trouble...even though he's scored a total of 20 points in 2 games. Come on now.

LOL@17 a night. He's 7/16 and 4/12 in the two games. He's had little-to-no impact in either game. And I didn't say Gordon being in foul trouble is the only reason he's struggled. But that's been a part of it. Hard to get ino a rhythm when you're in-and-out of the game because of foul trouble.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
37-35 Jazz after 1. This is going to be a fun series. And a Dee Brown sighting to boot. Al Harrington with 14 points in the 1st quarter, he didn't score 14 in any single full game last series, lol.

That type of pace plays right in the Warriors' hands. Utah has to slow that s*** down if they want to win this series.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
LOL@17 a night. He's 7/16 and 4/12 in the two games. He's had little-to-no impact in either game. And I didn't say Gordon being in foul trouble is the only reason he's struggled. But that's been a part of it. Hard to get ino a rhythm when you're in-and-out of the game because of foul trouble.

He still played 34 minutes. And after the 1st, he was able to stay out of foul trouble. And I don't see why your laughing at 17 a night. 1.) It's only a bucket under his season average. 2.) He's the only guy giving us some type of offense right now.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
He still played 34 minutes. And after the 1st, he was able to stay out of foul trouble. And I don't see why your laughing at 17 a night. 1.) It's only a bucket under his season average. 2.) He's the only guy giving us some type of offense right now.

I laughed at it because you brought it up without even looking at the fact he's shooting, what, 40% in the two games, and that he has been outplayed by his counterpart, Prince. If you want to say he's been our best player so far, which is not saying much, be my guest. But I'm sure he'd even admit he hasn't played well. Fact of the matter is we need both he and Ben to play like they did in the Miami series to have any shot of winning this thing.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
That type of pace plays right in the Warriors' hands. Utah has to slow that s*** down if they want to win this series.

Im entitled to disagree, Utah is good at running the court not as good as GS but they will hang with them if it turns into a fast break game.

Utah also unlike GS has a solid transition defense and pressures midcourt very well on breaks.

Both teams matchup really well. Interested to see how Sloan plans this game.

Edge to GS because they have too many scorers for Utah and have nothing to lose.

43-41 Utah right now. Pending Barons free throws.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
I laughed at it because you brought it up without even looking at the fact he's shooting, what, 40% in the two games, and that he has been outplayed by his counterpart, Prince. If you want to say he's been our best player so far, which is not saying much, be my guest. But I'm sure he'd even admit he hasn't played well. Fact of the matter is we need both he and Ben to play like they did in the Miami series to have any shot of winning this thing.

Well, in this series, 40% is not all that terrible for the Bulls. And saying he has been outplayed does no one any justice and is not relevant to the argument at all. Every player on the Pistons has outplayed his Bulls counterpart. Hell, some of their bench has outplayed our starters.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
Well, in this series, 40% is not all that terrible for the Bulls. And saying he has been outplayed does no one any justice and is not relevant to the argument at all. Every player on the Pistons has outplayed his Bulls counterpart. Hell, some of their bench has outplayed our starters.

You're the one calling out Ben Gordn every two seconds. I've already said it's been a complete team meltdown the first two games. Nobody has played well.

Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, better.

Why even keep Gordon in? For his offense? He isn't giving us any. At least Sefolosha crashed the boards a bit, and made the Pistons take some awkward shots with that length. I mean, they hit them anyway, but at least it took something impressive.

WOW, the Bulls are getting MURDERED on the boards.

And when you get the rebound, secure it!

But if there's one thing that's pissed me off, and I know it's not the major reason we lost, but it's just incredibly annoying -- it's those pussy fouls on f'n layups. If you're gonna foul the guy going for the easy layup, he better not make the f'n shot. I couldn't believe how many times the Bulls looked like they were instigating a slapfight under the basket. He scored? No f'n s***.

Oh, and then those lazy passes...

Christ.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 7, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)
Maybe one day someone will give props to Detroit's defense...

It's both, though. Detroit is playing very, very well, absolutely. If the Bulls were playing their best, they'd still probably lose. It just wouldn't be an embarrassment.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
You're the one calling out Ben Gordn every two seconds.

Some people hate him a bit too much, but he is a HUGE reason why they're getting dismantled.

Are we positive gordon, tyrus, the pick, and pj can't get us KG?? :(

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
Maybe one day someone will give props to Detroit's defense...

Quite frankly, they are the better team. I won't deny it.

But the Bulls are absolutely not putting in the hustle and effort that was needed to make this series competitive. The mental mistakes are bad enough, and the lack of hustle is even worse, but when you factor in the fire that detroit is playing with and the Bulls should have matched or surpassed but have not, it leads to these blowouts. Guys like nocioni are literally just handing the ball over. That's what's sad and frustrating. Detroit took it to another level and the Bulls have just fallen apart.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 7, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
Some people hate him a bit too much, but he is a HUGE reason why they're getting dismantled.

Really? I thought the bench going 3/30 with 12 turnovers was a HUGE reason we lost game 1. How about Mr. Golden Boy going 0/7 tonight? I guess it was Ben's fault that we were out-rebounded by 21 tonight? We've been outplayed and outclassed as a team by a better team. That's the end of it. Everybody for Chicago has played poorly.

Luol Deng and Ben Wallace are the only people doing ANYTHING in this series. To blame Gordon is crazy, everybody is doing poorly. And it's no coincidence those 2 guys are the only 2 doing well, because besides them, the Bulls are overmatched by a wide margin at every spot on the floor.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2007 -> 04:28 AM)
Luol Deng and Ben Wallace are the only people doing ANYTHING in this series. To blame Gordon is crazy, everybody is doing poorly. And it's no coincidence those 2 guys are the only 2 doing well, because besides them, the Bulls are overmatched by a wide margin at every spot on the floor.

At this point, it's obvious PJ Brown isn't going to do very much this series. He's useless offensively because he doesn't have a post-game, and he's not getting those wide open fifteen footers that he can usually bury. And he's obviously not going to do anything offensively.

The only group that didn't get dismantled was the Bulls' all-athlete group -- Thomas, Deng, Sefolosha, Gordon, Hinrich. Since nothing else has worked, I want to see more of this group. Sefolosha needs to be on the floor more, as he can do a competent job on any of Prince, Billups or Hamilton. Gordon and Duhon are useless at the defensive end as they both give up height, quickness and power to anybody they try to guard. Basically, any spot that Duhon used to see the floor in, Sefolosha ought to be in.

More than anything, though, the Bulls have to hit open shots. Christ... Everybody is missing, this is sick. It took Nocioni what, five shots (not counting Saturday) to hit his first three? Captain Kirk isn't hitting.

And on top of that, Detroit is hitting everything. Detroit is a f***ing buzzsaw right now. The crowds at home are going to have to be real, real good or we might be looking at a sweep. Both of these games have been decided in the first 12 minutes of play.... yikes.