Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(Brian @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:39 AM)
If Bowen didn't get suspended for his cheap shot on Nash, Amare won't get suspended.

My buddy is a big Spurs fan and will not admit the Spurs are getting dirty at times.

Bowen is a dirty player and SA is a dirty team, but both the play against Nash and the one against Amare were debateable in terms of if they were dirty, as I see no way to prove either was intentional. However the Horry play was very dirty, that is not debateable.

The thing everybody seems to not get is there is a cut and dry rule that if you leave the bench during a skirmish, it's an automatic one game suspension, no questions asked, and people who did far less than Amare and Diaw have been suspended under that rule. Amare does indeed have a chance as mentioned to avoid the suspension as he was checking in though (and based on how the NBA treats star players, I wouldn't be surprised if they lean on that crutch to avoid suspending him).

However, it's a lock that Diaw gets a game, and it's also a lock that Horry gets a game as well for starting it. If that is ALL that happens, it's a little more fair IMO as well, although yes the Spurs are very dirty and I hope they lose this series for it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 15, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)

Duncan left the bench on this play....

Yeah I've seen the video. He BETTER be suspended if Diaw and Amare are, it's the exact same crime. Period. EDIT: In fact, if you notice, there is another player that comes out to restrain Duncan and get him back to the bench. ESPN's Ric Buecher just said that is none other than Bruce Bowen, so based on the rule, he should also be suspended. So Bowen, Duncan, Amare, and Diaw should be out based on the rule, although that shows just how dumb this rule is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

stern has usually been very good about handing out suspensions, so I'm disappointed since the rule has been automatic ever since those knicks-heat brawls.

And I refused to join the warriors bandwagon. :)

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

So, does it seem to anyone else like Robert Horry just delivered home court advantage to the Spurs?

God stuff like that bugs me. Horry commits the foul, and it hurts Phoenix a lot more than SA.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
If the spurs make the finals I wont even watch. At least the spurs image is taking a huge hit with this one. Seems like America hates the spurs.

I actually like the Spurs, well more like I dont hate them. I cant stand the Suns and their chronic b****ing. They remind me of the Pistons with how much they seem to whine all the time.

Absolutely horrible. Jalen Rose was on TV today and they showed a clip of an earlier altercation in the game where Tim Duncan left the bench and was stopped like Amare was. Why wasn't he suspended?

One of the above posters is right. Horry commits a hard foul and gets his team possible and easy game 5 win. Here's hoping Nash drops 50.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:16 PM)
I actually like the Spurs, well more like I dont hate them. I cant stand the Suns and their chronic b****ing. They remind me of the Pistons with how much they seem to whine all the time.

spurs whine and b**** a hell of a lot more and have been doing it for the past 10 seasons.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
spurs whine and b**** a hell of a lot more and have been doing it for the past 10 seasons.

^^^^^^

Spurs and Pistons are the worst at it IMO.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
Absolutely horrible. Jalen Rose was on TV today and they showed a clip of an earlier altercation in the game where Tim Duncan left the bench and was stopped like Amare was. Why wasn't he suspended?

I saw that. If the rule states that if you leave the bench, you get suspended, then why isn't Duncan suspended?

It's stupid.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)

One of the above posters is right. Horry commits a hard foul and gets his team possible and easy game 5 win. Here's hoping Nash drops 50.

Because the Duncan thing was different. There wasn't a fight or altercation going on.

The Sun players left the vicinity of the bench. Duncan was 4-5 steps from where he sat.

I disagree with the rule personally.

Tyrus Thomas hit a spin-to-the-baseline kiss off the glass that was just beautiful. i dont trust him to do it regularly, but it was nice to see something other than a dunk or free throw from TT.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
Because the Duncan thing was different. There wasn't a fight or altercation going on.

The Sun players left the vicinity of the bench. Duncan was 4-5 steps from where he sat.

I disagree with the rule personally.

The replay showed Duncan was pretty far on the court.

Kenny Smith with a horrible comparison. Preach on Barkley!!

QUOTE(Brian @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:16 PM)
The replay showed Duncan was pretty far on the court.

Kenny Smith with a horrible comparison. Preach on Barkley!!

Didn't look like that to me, but either way the situation is different because there wasn't a scene if you will.

I wish Shaq was on tonight. :angry:

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
Didn't look like that to me, but either way the situation is different because there wasn't a scene if you will.

I think I'm just upset about it because it seems extreme for a playoff situation. Fans want to see the superstars of both teams play in a crucial game, like I do.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
Tyrus Thomas can jump in case you guys didn't know.

It took Skiles 3 games before he really unleashed Thomas effectively on Detroit, but he finally did it. now that he is running Thomas out there earlier, it is really speeding the pace of the game up. even though Detroit is a great defensive team, they have a few players that arent responding well to this fast paced up and down game the Bulls are playing.

I dont doubt that the Pistons have a run in them in the last quarter, but the Bulls have beaten them pretty handily in the first 3 quarters.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bulls.

By the way I am absolutely f***ing outraged by the Suns/Spurs suspensions. There is no f***ing way they can suspend Amare and Diaw if they don't suspend Duncan. What a f***ing joke. Way to f***ing change the f***ing biggest game of the series assholes.