Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
Guarantee Ben Wallace is smiling and shaking hands with the Pistons after the game like they are still his teammates. Hell, he did more for them than us tonight so he might as well be.

Give him a break. He wasn't 100% But at the same time you are right though. Even a 70% Ben Wallace is still a presence. He didn't do much in this game.

Guarantee Ben Wallace is smiling and shaking hands with the Pistons after the game like they are still his teammates. Hell, he did more for them than us tonight so he might as well be.

Wrong.

I talked to one of the beat writers today and he told me Ben's back is actually hindering more than he and the team is letting on.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
Wrong.

I talked to one of the beat writers today and he told me Ben's back is actually hindering more than he and the team is letting on.

What's wrong? The first part was clearly in jest and the 2nd part is more than accurate.

Ben Wallace better be the MVP of the playoffs next year.... he had an overall dissapointing season and the reasoning the whole time is he was saving himself for the playoffs. Well last I checked we were in the playoffs and he is total garbage these last 2 games. I dont care if his back is hurting, 16 million dollars say stfu and play through it and play good.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:02 PM)
What's wrong? The first part was clearly in jest and the 2nd part is more than accurate.

My bad, I meant to split up your quote. Back problems hindered him tonight more than he and the team let on. Ben wasn't the problem. Kirk, while with double digit assists, needed to look to shoot more, where was PJ the second half, and NOBODy could knock down an open jumper.

Rasheed makes me wanna puke. Such a baby. Reminds me of Derrick Coleman.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
My bad, I meant to split up your quote. Back problems hindered him tonight more than he and the team let on. Ben wasn't the problem. Kirk, while with double digit assists, needed to look to shoot more, where was PJ the second half, and NOBODy could knock down an open jumper.

Rasheed makes me wanna puke. Such a baby. Reminds me of Derrick Coleman.

Kirk played awful, no one can argue that.

As far as PJ in the 2nd half, he had to be absolutely gassed from the first half. And really he carried us through the first half, 1 of our other 6-7 regulars had to put up the slack.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
Ben Wallace better be the MVP of the playoffs next year.... he had an overall dissapointing season and the reasoning the whole time is he was saving himself for the playoffs. Well last I checked we were in the playoffs and he is total garbage these last 2 games. I dont care if his back is hurting, 16 million dollars say stfu and play through it and play good.

*Sighs*

Money doesn't make you just "play through" a back injury. Those are really painful. It may not have looked like it, but I'm sure he was playing as hard as he could, just not the same when you aren't healthy.

Usually I'm just sad when one of my teams seasons comes to the end, but I'm just pissed off about this one. Someone teach these guys to box out or go to the f***in hoop. Hinrich sucked, hurt back or not Ben Wallace was absolute s*** and why the f*** didn't Thabo play in the 2nd half?

f*** this.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
Someone teach these guys to box out

The Prince board over Deng in the 4th pissed me off cuz Loul could of easily boxed him out but instead tried to out jump him.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
The Prince board over Deng in the 4th pissed me off cuz Loul could of easily boxed him out but instead tried to out jump him.

There was a lot of crap like that tonight. Detroit is the better team but we lost this game because we got outhustled and honestly they just seemed to want it more. So f***in disappointing.

I almost wish we had gotten swept. That would've been a lot easier to take. I don't even know where to begin. As many have pointed out, other than Brown and to a lesser degree Deng, NOBODY showed up. Our backcourt was terrible. Ben Wallace stunk. We got nothing from the bench (Nocioni was the worst player in this entire series). We couldn't rebound. We were overdribbling (Kirk), and the overall ball movement was terrible. How many open shots did we miss? It was unbelievable. That was the really the story of the entire series.

Also, I like both Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich. But if this team is to get to the next level, I believe one has to go. If you keep Kirk, then you need to go after a taller SG who can play BOTH offense and defense. If you decide to stick with Ben, you need to find a TRUE PG that's consistent in not only his decision making, but also in knocking down open jumpers. All our other flaws are obvious. We need a low-post scorer in the worst possible way. We need more depth, too. Going into this season, all you heard about was how deep the Bulls were. We're really not that deep. I assume Thomas and Sefolosha will be better in year 2. So that should help in that department. Anyway, good season overall. We made some positive steps in the right direction. This is a very big summer for John Paxson. It all starts with that draft pick (please god let us get Oden or Durant).

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

Kirk shot badly. He didn't play badly. He had 11 assists, and I know everyone will argue that he did nothing in the 2nd half, but who did on the Bulls? He played really good defense, got some penetration, and passed the ball well. 2 turnovers in 40+ minutes. Tyrus had 3 in like 15 minutes. I really hope we could package Gordon and Noc for a low post threat. Kirk and Thabo are going to make 1 helluva backcourt combo. One of the best defensive backcourts for sure.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 17, 2007 -> 11:01 PM)
Kirk shot badly. He didn't play badly. He had 11 assists, and I know everyone will argue that he did nothing in the 2nd half, but who did on the Bulls? He played really good defense, got some penetration, and passed the ball well. 2 turnovers in 40+ minutes. Tyrus had 3 in like 15 minutes. I really hope we could package Gordon and Noc for a low post threat. Kirk and Thabo are going to make 1 helluva backcourt combo. One of the best defensive backcourts for sure.

I love Kirk normally but the guy was just too unselfish tonight. When he gets to the hoop he's got to go up and either try to finish or draw the foul. He did dribble too much tonight and he also just passed up too many good looks to kick it out for no reason.

I still want to know where Thabo was in the 2nd half.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
Usually I'm just sad when one of my teams seasons comes to the end, but I'm just pissed off about this one. Someone teach these guys to box out or go to the f***in hoop. Hinrich sucked, hurt back or not Ben Wallace was absolute s*** and why the f*** didn't Thabo play in the 2nd half?

f*** this.

Ha i'm the opposite. Usually i'm pissed but right now i'm just sad. This series could have been won if not for some general stupidity by the players and coaches.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
I almost wish we had gotten swept. That would've been a lot easier to take. I don't even know where to begin. As many have pointed out, other than Brown and to a lesser degree Deng, NOBODY showed up. Our backcourt was terrible. Ben Wallace stunk. We got nothing from the bench (Nocioni was the worst player in this entire series). We couldn't rebound. We were overdribbling (Kirk), and the overall ball movement was terrible. How many open shots did we miss? It was unbelievable. That was the really the story of the entire series.

Also, I like both Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich. But if this team is to get to the next level, I believe one has to go. If you keep Kirk, then you need to go after a taller SG who can play BOTH offense and defense. If you decide to stick with Ben, you need to find a TRUE PG that's consistent in not only his decision making, but also in knocking down open jumpers. All our other flaws are obvious. We need a low-post scorer in the worst possible way. We need more depth, too. Going into this season, all you heard about was how deep the Bulls were. We're really not that deep. I assume Thomas and Sefolosha will be better in year 2. So that should help in that department. Anyway, good season overall. We made some positive steps in the right direction. This is a very big summer for John Paxson. It all starts with that draft pick (please god let us get Oden or Durant).

That about sums the entire situation of the Chicago Bulls up.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:19 AM)
Was anyone else nearly brought to tears when Tayshaun Prince hit that little hook shot to take the lead to 12?

I hope Luol was taking notes. Luol's job this summer should be to learn how to play with his back to the basket. Learning that little hook shot would be perfect for Luol as he has those longer-than-average type arms that Prince has. I don't think Deng is ever going to become a great 'superstar' type player, but I think he can become a very good player like Prince is.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 17, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)
I hope Luol was taking notes. Luol's job this summer should be to learn how to play with his back to the basket. Learning that little hook shot would be perfect for Luol as he has those longer-than-average type arms that Prince has. I don't think Deng is ever going to become a great 'superstar' type player, but I think he can become a very good player like Prince is.

I believe Luol said that was the one thing he wanted to work on this summer.

I hope Luol works with Thabo this summer too. If we can get Thabo a consistent mid range jumper with some better 3 point shooting, adios Senor Gordon. And I really do think Luol can become a star in the league. It'll be in the Tim Duncan type fashion, but to a lesser degree. He is the quiet consistency and he is going to be an All-Star for many many years.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
*Sighs*

Money doesn't make you just "play through" a back injury. Those are really painful. It may not have looked like it, but I'm sure he was playing as hard as he could, just not the same when you aren't healthy.

Guys have played through worse all the time, hell didnt MJ drop 40 or something when he had the flu.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:10 AM)
Guys have played through worse all the time, hell didnt MJ drop 40 or something when he had the flu.

Back injuries affect every movement you make. The flu sucks, and affects your breathing, but it wouldnt impact your game anywhere near a back injury would.

But I am not making excuses for Wallace. He was paid big bucks to bring the Bulls to the next level in the playoffs, and he had Tyson Chandler-like impact on the playoff games. He was getting outmuscled for rebounds, bricking free throws, and was a general non-factor.

Actually if watched in the backround they all were doing it, they just focused on Wallace more than anyone else.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
Actually if watched in the backround they all were doing it, they just focused on Wallace more than anyone else.

Ya, that was before the game ended and it was in jest. Obviously everyone was going to be shaking hands.

oh well, I was pissed that night but I guess atleast this team didn't quit after falling down 3-0. Next year I want finals or bust though. Hopefully Thabo/Tyrus improve greatly this off-season and become bigger contributers next year and hopefully we can bring PJ back.