Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

Nice W, at least it's a positive to build on in a way.

Let's steal game 5, protect home court, and give 'em a thrill. :)

But really, just play hard in game 5 and see what happens. We've got nothing to lose at this point.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can somehow get lucky in game 5 (which is possible, based on some of the shooting nights this team has had this year) and get it back here for game 6, your a home court win away from forcing a do or die game. Hey, I gotta be positive right? But I think today's game makes it official that game 3 will haunt the Bulls and us fans all summer, if nothing else. Why wasn't Tyrus in for P.J. in the 4th of game 3? It might have been the difference...(and yes, I know P.J. had a double double in game 3, but he finished with 10 and 10 and had 8 and 8 at halftime, so yeah..)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
Every crowd at a Bulls game is an embarrassment.

OMG MOTHER f***ING DONUT RACE

*5 minutes left in game 3 Bulls down 5* OMG THERE ARE f***ING T SHIRTS FALLING FROM THE CEILING!!!!!!!

For sure. Sellout every night, but it seems like the fanbase is still happy with what happened last decade. No hunger at all.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 13, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Kirk Hinrich carried us today. What a game on both sides of the floor. Pretty big win. 1 game at a time.

Kirk, Luol, and Big Ben were all awesome. Gordon, Nocioni, and Duhon continue to be useless though, and P.J. continued to build on his 2nd half momentum the other night with today's stinker.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Yes...I'll take that win. Hinrich/Deng/Gordon and even Tyrus THomas and PJ Brown contributed. Gordon hit a couple big threes but sans that he's useless (horrid defense and decision making) while Noc at least looked confident out there (a few more shots fell and he made better decisions so I am looking for him to have a big game 5) and well Duhon has probably played his last regular season game as a Bull.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
Willie and I have talked about this a bunch, but for the most part...NBA crowds suck.

Obviously GS has been quite the exception.

The Golden State crowd acts like a NCAA crowd. They are rowdy andreally into the game. Its just a totally different vibe.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
Willie and I have talked about this a bunch, but for the most part...NBA crowds suck.

The crowds at old Chicago Stadium for Bulls games were awesome. I didn't get to go to a lot of games there, but during the great seasons, it felt like the place would crumble it got so loud.

United Center is more open so I don't think the big crowds sound as good. It's hard to think of the NBA like a college atmosphere when you have people in suits down near the court who can afford those seats and the real fans further back.

I'd say the UC crowd gets into it during certain key moments, but other than that it's the usual.

This Golden State crowd is just f***ing awesome. These are must watch games just because of them, they bring the heat if you will.

I'd say the crowd at MSG are still very good as well.

Are people really talking s*** about Tyrus and Thabo? Those guys are a couple of freaks. Major assets.

So yeah, what have we learned? Skiles can't coach worth a s***, Gordon is fundamentally retarded, etc.

It sounds like we've covered this ground before.

Y'all let me know when some new information comes out. :D

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 14, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Skiles can't coach worth a s***

From Blog-a-Bull. Fantastic entry from Matt:

And the evidence keeps mounting for him and Thabo (it's time to accept that Duhon cannot be effective against Detroit, for myriad reasons) to get more time this series and while Skiles sometimes has rewarded them for a given game, it never translates to the next one and we always see them as the first two off the bench. Maybe it'll take Paxson ripping these favorite toys from Skiles hands in the offseason, but I sure would like to see it sooner. They're down 3-1 and any game could be their last this season.

The first two off the bench that he's talking about, BTW, are Nocioni and Duhon.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 14, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
Yep, remember the weird cover-ups he had to wear on his arm in HS, b/c of his tattoos.

He has a couple more now, I think.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 14, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
Skiles can't coach worth a s***

There's some thing I don't agree with, but overall he's a good coach.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:26 AM)
Horry with a brutal cheap shot, but it works out great for the Spurs. He's gonna be suspended for game 5, but Amare and Diaw came off the bench, so they are in the same boat. Advantage: Spurs

which is bulls***. I'm tired of the spurs getting away with thier crap all the time. :angry:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:26 AM)
Horry with a brutal cheap shot, but it works out great for the Spurs. He's gonna be suspended for game 5, but Amare and Diaw came off the bench, so they are in the same boat. Advantage: Spurs

It's debatable whether they will/should get suspended. It would be a shame to give the Spurs the advantage for a fight they instigated. It's the same as Poppovich telling Horry to start a fight with Stoudemire to get him suspended.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:38 AM)
It's debatable whether they will/should get suspended. It would be a shame to give the Spurs the advantage for a fight they instigated. It's the same as Poppovich telling Horry to start a fight with Stoudemire to get him suspended.

Oh it's a LOCK Diaw and Amare are suspended, I've seen FAR FAR less get the 1 game mandatory suspension several times since the rule was put it. It's a completely stupid rule, but they have to (and will) be consistent. And Horry gets at least 1, if not 2 games for starting it. Still advantage Spurs though, which is a darn shame since their dirty play started it all.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Amare was checking in though, so he MAY be saved. Diaw's in trouble though.

And frankly that's BS. You've got to be able to fly the flag and stand up for your superstar in that type of a situation. And it's sad to see a team like the Spurs that has been so good for so long, resort to these type of tactics when things aren't going their way.

Robert Horry the ultimate good guy trying to take Steve Nash out. Bruce Bowen is a dirty player, and I really hope Phoenix takes that series.

If Bowen didn't get suspended for his cheap shot on Nash, Amare won't get suspended.

My buddy is a big Spurs fan and will not admit the Spurs are getting dirty at times.