Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Bulls are out, Warriors are out, Spurs and pistons are in, I think I'm done with basketball for the 06-07 season. Go Sox

Pretty much. Go Jazz, I guess.

Is it safe to say that everyone outside of San Antonio wants the Spurs gone? I never really hated them until this Suns series and seeing some dirty stuff and than the NBA helping them out.

Spurs up 1-0. Don't blame Deron Williams, though. 34 points, 9 dimes. Oh, is it safe to safe that Tim Duncan is the best player of this era? I thought it was Shaq a couple years ago. But if Duncan wins another one, I think he gets the title.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

Only way Im watching the NBA finals is if Cleveland and Utah face off but I doubt this.

Utah is gonna need help beating San Antonio and Detroit is gonna handle Cleveland.

Thus equaling a boring series nobody is going to watch.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 20, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)
Spurs up 1-0. Don't blame Deron Williams, though. 34 points, 9 dimes. Oh, is it safe to safe that Tim Duncan is the best player of this era? I thought it was Shaq a couple years ago. But if Duncan wins another one, I think he gets the title.

Shaq at his best was definitely better than Duncan, but Duncan has been dominant for almost a decade now, so his logetivity of dominance is beginning to win out. If only Shaq had Duncan's overall work ethic....

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Shaq at his best was definitely better than Duncan, but Duncan has been dominant for almost a decade now, so his logetivity of dominance is beginning to win out. If only Shaq had Duncan's overall work ethic....

Couldn't have said that better myself. Shaq had the higher peak. But as far as consistency/longevity goes, I think Duncan wins out.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 21, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
Couldn't have said that better myself. Shaq had the higher peak. But as far as consistency/longevity goes, I think Duncan wins out.

I think Shaq is the most dominant, and has the better personality, but its hard to compete with the consistency of Duncan.

How blah is a Spurs/Pistons title game going to be? ugh

The Sonics won't even be in Seattle after next season. Portland has been an attendance cellar dweller ever since they became the Jailblazers and Atlanta is just an awful market at this point.

I feel for the Griz and the Celtics.

Im glad the Griz and Celtics both didnt get in the top3. I think both of them tanked some games to get to where they were at. They might of been near the bottom if not at it anyways, but they both should of had more wins than they did. I bet Gasol is going to want out of there even more now, one of their reasons to him for staying was going to be the addition of either Oden or Durant.

Atlanta should feel extremely lucky. Because their pick finished in the top 3, they get to keep it. Phoenix would be steaming right now.

And really for the Hawks, it's a perfect oppurtunity to get the Oden / Conley jr. combo. They have the 11th pick as well. They can trade up from #3 to #1 to get Oden, and then pick Conley at #11. They do that, they've got quite a good young developing lineup in Oden, Josh Smith, Williams (the #2 pick from a few years back, think that's his name), Joe Johnson and Conley, with Speedy Claxton, Josh Childress, Zaza Pachulia and Shelden Williams.

Of course that's if Portland decided they wanted to trade down. For say a 2009 1st rounder, I'd say they'd probably do it, and settle with Yi Jianlian, Brandon Wright or Al Horford.

Boston will probably trade their pick for a veteran. What Memphis are going to do I don't know. Maybe trade Gasol, and get even more picks, and keep developing that youth of theirs.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 22, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
Boston may have been throwing games to get the #1 pick and they don't even end up with a top 3. Ouch.

Karma was a real b**** to Memphis and Boston. Don't throw games, kids.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
I don't see anyway Portland trades down. If they do they are f***tards.

Jack

Roy

Randolph

Aldridge

Oden

*hides*

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
Jack

Roy

Randolph

Aldridge

Oden

*hides*

Just f***ing disgusting.

Definitely building the right way, after a few picks that didn't pan out.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
I dont know how they can keep Randolph now, he has to be on the trade market. They probably are going to want a guy who can play the SF position for him.

coughNOCIONIcough

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 23, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
I don't see anyway Portland trades down. If they do they are f***tards.

I mean for the Hawks to trade up 2 spots, are they going to have to give up more than a future 1st?

It also depends whether or not Portland thinks they can get by with Aldridge playing at center for the next decade, instead of Oden. Of course they could just select Oden, move Aldridge to the #4, and trade Randolph for anything.

Of they could think Durant moves into the SF spot, Randolph stays at PF and Aldridge is the center. A lot of scenarios here.

In all of this, I'm not saying Portland SHOULD trade down a couple of spots, and they've had a bad record of doing it before when they traded out of Deron Williams' spot to pick up Martell Webster, but if Kevin Pritchard can pick up a lot of assets, then that's something he may look at.

But if I'm Atlanta, I do anything I can to try and get Oden and Conley in this draft. Getting those 2 would turn the Hawks into a playoff contender for next season.

Would Memphis still be interested in the Bulls' first round pick? I still have my eye on Gasol, unless there's a chance that Hibbert falls to the Bulls. Ninth overall + Gordon + Nocioni probably wouldn't get it done, would it?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:51 PM)
I mean for the Hawks to trade up 2 spots, are they going to have to give up more than a future 1st?

It also depends whether or not Portland thinks they can get by with Aldridge playing at center for the next decade, instead of Oden. Of course they could just select Oden, move Aldridge to the #4, and trade Randolph for anything.

Of they could think Durant moves into the SF spot, Randolph stays at PF and Aldridge is the center. A lot of scenarios here.

In all of this, I'm not saying Portland SHOULD trade down a couple of spots, and they've had a bad record of doing it before when they traded out of Deron Williams' spot to pick up Martell Webster, but if Kevin Pritchard can pick up a lot of assets, then that's something he may look at.

But if I'm Atlanta, I do anything I can to try and get Oden and Conley in this draft. Getting those 2 would turn the Hawks into a playoff contender for next season.

Dude you are talking crazy, No way either Seattle or Portland move out of their spots in the draft. You would have to give up the world for either of them to move. Hawks are stuck at 3rd they arent going any higher. You can make an argument for Portland taking Durant over Oden, although even that is highly unlikely.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Would Memphis still be interested in the Bulls' first round pick? I still have my eye on Gasol, unless there's a chance that Hibbert falls to the Bulls. Ninth overall + Gordon + Nocioni probably wouldn't get it done, would it?

Who is our scorer from the outside w/out Gordon? The lane would be totally clogged up because than the only person who could hit a 3 on this team would be Hinrich. And Hinrich isnt even all that great at it...