Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2007 -> 12:22 AM)
Utah wins 116-112, great game. This series looks like it might be another classic. GSW let a golden opportunity go tonight though, they had a great chance to steal one in a very difficult enviornment.

Is it me or is Carlos Boozer turning into a superstar? He didn't shoot the ball well tonight. But he dominated the glass and came up a clutch offensive rebound that led to the game-winning score.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 8, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
Is it me or is Carlos Boozer turning into a superstar? He didn't shoot the ball well tonight. But he dominated the glass and came up a clutch offensive rebound that led to the game-winning score.

Well you had to figure he'd dominate this series with the GSW lack of size, but your right. He was always really good though, it's just now he's healthy and has a really good point guard as a wingman, so he's really evolving.

Boozer with 20 rebounds tonight and Kirilenko with 7 blocks. 2 ridiculous stats. Deron also had 31, 8, and 5. Not bad. Dee even had 6 points and 3 assists and did a good job on defense, nice to see him get some run helping to fill in for Fisher.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
66-63 Warriors at half. DAMN this is fun to watch, I don't think Utah can keep up with this for another 24 minutes.

I guess the Jazz did keep up for another 24 minutes. Great game!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 8, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)

Boozer was turning into a superstar in his last year in Cleveland. He has been injured a good portion of the time with Utah, now he is finally healthy again and showing what he can do.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 8, 2007 -> 03:08 AM)
I guess the Jazz did keep up for another 24 minutes. Great game!

Oh to the contrary. The 3rd quarter was much lower scoring and slower paced. The pace picked up in the 4th quarter again, but between the "breather" the Jazz got at halftime and during the 3rd quarter (along with some nice bench help), they had the juice in the 4th quarter to get the win. That and the Warriors shot the ball very poorly after halftime.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
Pray for Dee Brown.

Looks like he suffered a potentially serious neck injury, didn't look good.

Holy s*** I just saw it. :o

That was nasty. Good news though. X-Rays were negative. :)

Derek Fisher comes back in the middle of the game from New York after his daughter had surgery for a life threatening form of eye cancer. He contributes in the end to help the Jazz win in overtime 127-117 and the Jazz lead the series 2-0.

Great couple of games. I thought GSW would win the series, but that was based on I thought they'd steal 1 of the first 2. I still think this is going to be a long series, but now I say Utah wins it and GSW looks back at the blown chances in the first 2 games with regret.

All-NBA

1st team:

G-Steve Nash

G-Kobe Bryant

F-Dirk Nowitzki

F-Tim Duncan

C-Amare Stoudemire

2nd team:

G-Gilbert Arenas

G-Tracy McGrady

F-Lebron James

F-Chris Bosh

C-Yao Ming

3rd team:

G-Chauncey Billups

G-Dwyane Wade

F-Carmelo Anthony

F-Kevin Garnett

C-Dwight Howard

The lineup Skiles has on the floor right now is brutal. Why have Sefolosha and Thomas been buried on the bench this half, too?

Nocioni and Brown are KILLING the Bulls right now. Get them off the f***ing floor.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 10, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
The lineup Skiles has on the floor right now is brutal. Why have Sefolosha and Thomas been buried on the bench this half, too?

Nocioni and Brown are KILLING the Bulls right now. Get them off the f***ing floor.

Neither one of them did anything while they were on the floor in the first half. I agree that Noch has been terrible. However, Brown has played pretty well for the most part.

I'm not even that mad. The Bulls are getting a stern education in playoff basketball at this level. The Pistons have been there and done that. They've been to the finals, won a title, ect. Will learn from this.

Wow, this team is absolutely pathetic. Let's score 10 points in the f***ing 4th quarter. Let's f***ing blow a 19 point lead. Let's miss 12 shots in a row. What a f***ing bunch of pathetic excuses for basketball players. f*** this team. Just forfeit Game 4, this is just so f***ing pathetic.