Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2007 -> 12:26 AM)
Are the Pacers fans still glad they made that trade and got rid of Jackson? 7 for 8 from downtown, a 1 man wrecking crew during the fatal run. At least they have a better group of character guys due to the 8 player rapeage....errr deal.

Are you going to make some smart ass comment everytime he plays a good game? That'll get old quick.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2007 -> 07:34 AM)
Are you going to make some smart ass comment everytime he plays a good game? That'll get old quick.

Im sure someone will have something to say next week when Stephen Jackson inevitably goes partying and pulls out a gun/gets in a fight. :D

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)
Are the Pacers fans still glad they made that trade and got rid of Jackson? 7 for 8 from downtown, a 1 man wrecking crew during the fatal run. At least they have a better group of character guys due to the 8 player rapeage....errr deal.

I guess I've become your new Curt Schilling obsession--grrrreat.

I will never regret trading SJax, so yes.

I won't even regret it, if they win a ring. That wasn't going to happen here. You're a dumbass if you think otherwise.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 4, 2007 -> 08:17 AM)
I guess I've become your new Curt Schilling obsession--grrrreat.

I will never regret trading SJax, so yes.

I won't even regret it, if they win a ring. That wasn't going to happen here. You're a dumbass if you think otherwise.

The only reason I even bring it up is your blow torch treatment to SJax after game 2, he deserves credit because he was the 2nd most valuable player in that series. To be honest, I know it wouldn't have worked out in Indiana either, but you guys made such an atrocious trade with him and Harrington, should have got SO much more. You should be pissed at how bad you were fleeced in that deal, even if Jackson wasn't going to work out there is more my point.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2007 -> 07:34 AM)

Nope, I consider this over now that I've gotten my realistic, logical opinion out on it that I think greasy will agree is fair. And I would have made comments after 6 games had I gone by that theory, but only did after 2 ;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 4, 2007 -> 07:42 AM)
Im sure someone will have something to say next week when Stephen Jackson inevitably goes partying and pulls out a gun/gets in a fight. :D

The whole point of my argument is Pacer fans should be pissed at how badly they were fleeced in that trade, to be honest. SJax is a bad guy, but to get Dunleavy and Murphy for Harrington AND Jackson is horrid.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
The whole point of my argument is Pacer fans should be pissed at how badly they were fleeced in that trade, to be honest. SJax is a bad guy, but to get Dunleavy and Murphy for Harrington AND Jackson is horrid.

I wasn't expecting a king's ransom for those two. Though his numbers haven't been stellar, I think the Pacers will really benefit from Diogu. SJax put the Pacers in a horrible spot, just as Artest did--giving the Pacers nothing to work with as far as a deal. However, I will give you that the Pacers didn't get equal talent back in the trade.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 4, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
I wasn't expecting a king's ransom for those two. Though his numbers haven't been stellar, I think the Pacers will really benefit from Diogu. SJax put the Pacers in a horrible spot, just as Artest did--giving the Pacers nothing to work with as far as a deal. However, I will give you that the Pacers didn't get equal talent back in the trade.

I agree on Diogu. Him and Granger together are going to be a matchup nightmare long term for opponents, and you should get a good player in the draft.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:04 AM)
Problem: Pacers don't have a draft pick, unless the lottery balls put us in the top 10.

Oh well that's not good, especially in a draft this good. I assume that means you traded a pick but had top 10 protection on it, are the odds at least realistic it'll be a top 10 pick?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
Oh well that's not good, especially in a draft this good. I assume that means you traded a pick but had top 10 protection on it, are the odds at least realistic it'll be a top 10 pick?

Pretty slim--I've always seen our pick end up from 11-14. We ended up wasting our first rounder on getting Harrington. So that was retarded.

I was just discussing this with a co-worker: When did the draft lottery stop televising the actual drawing of the lottery balls? It is kind of shady to come from some back room and say who gets what, it seemed to be pretty legit when they had the actual ball machine so you could view who was getting what pick. Thoughts?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
I was just discussing this with a co-worker: When did the draft lottery stop televising the actual drawing of the lottery balls? It is kind of shady to come from some back room and say who gets what, it seemed to be pretty legit when they had the actual ball machine so you could view who was getting what pick. Thoughts?

To stop the losing on purpose nonsense and confusion, they should just make it all even chance among every team that misses the playoffs. Put 1 lottery ball in for each team that didn't make the playoffs, draw from the machine with it covered or w/e so nobody can see anything until the ball is picked, and go in order from 14 to 1. Pretty simple and would be a better system IMO.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 4, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)

well it made it a lot harder when they went to the new format with 1001 different number combos; it could take a while to actually set a draft order if one team's kept having its combo come up

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 6, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)
PJ Brown and Chris Duhon are going to be completely worthless for this entire series. Brown can only be an asset if he is backing up Ben Wallace moreso than if he is at PF.

Everyone's been worthless today except for Deng. Gordon missing open shots, Thomas out of control and not doing a whole lot at the defensive end... Awful start to the series.

For f*** sake that was pathetic. Dismal game. Gordon is a f***ing turd and it consistently shows how pathetic his handles/turnovers are (I just have to hope he can score the next few games cause he continues to be s*** defensively and is complete worthless on offense when he's not hitting shots because he takes stupid shots and throws dumb passes.

God what a f***ing joke.

Eh ish happens. However, game 2 is a must win. If we don't win game 2, we have to either:

1. Win 4 of 5, with the 5th game being a game 7 at Detroit

2. Win 4 in a row so we can clinch at home, including in that senario winning game 5 at Detroit in a 2-2

Yeah, game 2=must win

Ben Gordon had 7 f***ing points? MVP! MVP! MVP! His inconsistency continues to baffle me. And people think he's the best player on the Bulls???

Edited by SoxFan1