Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...and what freaking cowards the Heat were..they flat out quit and the fans should be completely embarrased in how there team performed (what a disgraceful performance).

Can't say I didn't enjoy it, especially considering how much I hate Pat Riley.

What a wonderful performance by our Bulls. The Heat suck and are done for the next 5 years or so. Bulls vs Pistons. Just like old times. I'm sure there's going to be hundreds of flashbacks to the late 80's, early 90's battles. And I have just one thing to say to John Paxson: THANK YOU FOR NOT TRADING LUOL DENG OR BEN GORDON FOR GASOL!

Baron Davis hits a three from half-court to tie the game at halftime. Amazing... this is the most enthusiastic crowd I've seen since the Montreal-Toronto season finale in the NHL. It seems like they're standing up during every possession.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Bulls finish off the sweep, as expected. And what is more fun, the Warriors team or crowd? WOW, hopefully they finish it off. Man, Bulls/Detroit is going to be a hell of a series. Oh, and I suck at MS Paint, lol.

1-1.jpg

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:00 AM)
He is the best player in this series. Getting Jackson and Harrington for Murphy and Dunleavy was a freaking awesome trade for the Warriors.

No it wasn't, the Pacers improved their character in that deal, got rid of the bad apples, and are set for years to come.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:01 AM)
No it wasn't, the Pacers improved their character in that deal, got rid of the bad apples, and are set for years to come.

Even if they lose Jermaine O'Neal this offseason?

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
Even if they lose Jermaine O'Neal this offseason?

He was being a smart ass--he doesn't mean what he said. And JO isn't really going to lead the Pacers anywhere anytime soon, Bill Simmons made an excellent point about him a couple of weeks ago:

89. Jermaine O'Neal, Pau Gasol (tie)

I like both of these guys as players. But when you're making max money, and you're the best guy on your team, you can't keep saying things like "Maybe it's time for me to move on" or "Maybe we'd be better off if I played somewhere else." You signed that contract and accepted the responsibility to be the franchise player on the team. Now that same franchise is struggling -- partly because of your inadequacies, by the way -- and you want to flee the premises like it's a crime scene?

I write this every year, and I'm writing it again: Just once before I die, I want an NBA owner to hold a news conference that will unfold like this:

"Thanks to everyone for coming today. I just wanted to quickly address (unhappy superstar making max money)'s comments today. Here's my response: F--- you. I should be the one complaining, not you -- you wanted to be paid like a franchise player when you're clearly not. More than anything else, that's why we suck. Hell will freeze over before I send you to a better team. Repeat: Hell will freeze over. You're stuck here. End of press conference."

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)
Thought I'd add this in here:

1stroundpicseu5.jpg

I wonder if the majority of ESPN analysts have ever picked a Chicago team to win a playoff game/series.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
I wonder if the majority of ESPN analysts have ever picked a Chicago team to win a playoff game/series.

I wish I has saved the picture of all the ESPN "experts" who unanimously chose the Saints over the Bears.

:Cue Kalapse:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 11:38 PM)

Well...somehow, I think there was a period in the 90's where they really didn't have much of a choice.