Sox talking with Baltimore?

YASNY

With Cabrera's finish to the season, I don't think he'll be made available.

KW's probably asked for Bedard, but the O's would be pretty foolish to move him unless they got a real good return.

But then again, they are the Orioles.

I read on many occasions how much KW loves Bedard. Or remember last offseason how Baltamore wanted Jose Contreras and Uribe for Tejada?!? I wonder if those talks have regained any momentum.....

I expect a big impact very soon as Turkey Day is quickly approaching...

Didn't KW aqcuire Thome friday, the day after Turkey day last year?

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)
I read on many occasions how much KW loves Bedard. Or remember last offseason how Baltamore wanted Jose Contreras and Uribe for Tejada?!? I wonder if those talks have regained any momentum.....

If I remeber correctly it was the Wednesday before Turkey Day, I could be wrong. I remember reading it at work, and we were off of work on that Friday, but like I said I could be wrong.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)

KW knows pitching is the road to winning. If he's talking with Baltimore, Bedard is invovled.

From Buster Olney's blog:

• Hearing a lot of chatter about a possible Atlanta-Baltimore trade built around right-hander Tim Hudson, a free agent coveted by the Orioles a couple of years ago. You would have to assume that either Adam Loewen or Hayden Penn, two of the Orioles' better young pitchers, would be involved in the discussions. If that's the case, I'd keep Loewen rather than deal him for Hudson, considering the veteran's increasing inconsistency -- his WHIP has climbed in each of the past three seasons, from 1.075 in 2003 to last season's 1.44 -- but I would use Penn as a bargaining chip in a trade for Hudson.

--I'd have to say the O's would like Garland if they are after Hudson. I don't know much about Loewen, thoguh IIRC, he had control issues in the past--or Penn. Though I don't think they are in the Danks/ Hurley category.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 06:54 AM)
From Buster Olney's blog:

• Hearing a lot of chatter about a possible Atlanta-Baltimore trade built around right-hander Tim Hudson, a free agent coveted by the Orioles a couple of years ago. You would have to assume that either Adam Loewen or Hayden Penn, two of the Orioles' better young pitchers, would be involved in the discussions. If that's the case, I'd keep Loewen rather than deal him for Hudson, considering the veteran's increasing inconsistency -- his WHIP has climbed in each of the past three seasons, from 1.075 in 2003 to last season's 1.44 -- but I would use Penn as a bargaining chip in a trade for Hudson.

--I'd have to say the O's would like Garland if they are after Hudson. I don't know much about Loewen, thoguh IIRC, he had control issues in the past--or Penn. Though I don't think they are in the Danks/ Hurley category.

Loewen is, although he's older (about a year older than Danks), and there are control issues. Penn, maybe a step below (though only 6 months older than Danks). But more to the point, this is the Orioles, you can't reason with them.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 03:41 AM)
Yeah, Bruuuuuuce has let me down many times. I can't really recall him being right too often. He seems to have a 10% accuracy ratio going on.

Except for the fact that at least 90% of discussed trades, never happen. You guys put way too much credence in rumors for your own sanity. I would bet money we are talking to everyone who expresses any interest in one of our starters, meaning we are literally talking to every team in the league. Judging by the teams which have prospects, I'll bet Kenny has literally had "serious" discussions with at least half a dozen teams, for many of our same players. All these guys are saying is that we are talking to these teams, not that a trade is emminent.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
Wow, that's an idea I hadn't thought of. All this talk about Soriano, Roberts, Pierre, Crawford, etc. What about Patterson? Seems like a good fit to me.

Patterson is not a lead off hitter. He is a good 6 or 7 hitter. I dont trust trading for Oriole Pitching.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Patterson is not a lead off hitter. He is a good 6 or 7 hitter. I dont trust trading for Oriole Pitching.

Well, I admit I don't know that much about Corey, but he got on base and stole...what? How many bases last year? At LEAST 30. In that case, I'd say not a bad idea. Someone should put the defensive comparison together between he and Pods and see what THAT looks like. Otherwise, I don't see why it's an absolute MUST to replace Pods. Only other guy I'd really like to get is Figgins.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
Well, I admit I don't know that much about Corey, but he got on base and stole...what? How many bases last year? At LEAST 30. In that case, I'd say not a bad idea. Someone should put the defensive comparison together between he and Pods and see what THAT looks like. Otherwise, I don't see why it's an absolute MUST to replace Pods.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if KW just kept him and give him one more shot at it. With that said he would probably look to upgrade at CF somehow to balance out the lineup more. Patterson is intriuging, i wonder what Baltamore would want for him? Would you guys trade Owens for him?

Now that the Cubs have all the talk around town, do you think KW will try to steal some of that energy and aqcuire a big name?? Things have been too quite lately....