A-Rod deal heating up?

Guillen'sGuy

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Two players I am so sick of hearing about are Bonds and A-Rod. Enough is enough and I will not believe any rumors about the two of them (they change daily) until any deal is officially anounced.

Big name players create big rumors. If you're a baseball fan and a fan of a team that potentially could acquire one of the best players in baseball, enjoy it!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I will bite and play along.

Signs why this could happen:

- Quote from the Winter meetings from KW was (and I paraphrase, I am sure someone here can dig actual quote out): Brian and I are buddies. We were together until 2am last night. I have no intention of making his team stronger and he has none either to make us stronger.

Translated: What was he doing then with Brian up to 2am???? Surely he is not just kicking tires? Maybe he was.....also, when Kenny said nothing can happen between these 2 teams, typically just the opposite can occur. Do not believe me? Pull out his quote from a day before the Garcia deal where he said he felt no pressure to trade any of his pitchers and he felt good just putting the same team out there next year.

- Crede will not be signed thanks to Boras long term. He has the back concerns. Yankees can afford to sign him long term and not lose a lot of production at 3B spot. Arod does have issues with the Yank fans that may never disappear.

I can see this happening. Not sure what else we would give up though other than Crede.

QUOTE(Guillen @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
Big name players create big rumors. If you're a baseball fan and a fan of a team that potentially could acquire one of the best players in baseball, enjoy it!

Does the best player in baseball as you call him have a ring?

Mariners - NO

Rangers - NO

Yankees - NO

Please also tell me his career postseason stats.

Please forgive me if I do not jump for joy over the constant rumors.

I enjoy watching A-Rod play because he is such a great player, but I would not want him on the White Sox.

I am a huge baseball fan and one of my favorite times of the year is the hot stove. I just get very tired of seeing a new thread get started everyday on the same old rumors. Especially when the source is a Philly radio station and more likely is just speculation by a Mike North type host.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Does the best player in baseball as you call him have a ring?

Mariners - NO

Rangers - NO

Yankees - NO

Please also tell me his career postseason stats.

Please forgive me if I do not jump for joy over the constant rumors.

I enjoy watching A-Rod play because he is such a great player, but I would not want him on the White Sox.

I am a huge baseball fan and one of my favorite times of the year is the hot stove. I just get very tired of seeing a new thread get started everyday on the same old rumors. Especially when the source is a Philly radio station and more likely is just speculation by a Mike North type host.

.280/.362/.485 in the postseason.

You slam Mike North type radio, yet you listen to the same idiots who force this garbage about championships=individual greatness. You and Mike are on the same level, buddy.

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
guys i hear this is a salary dump with pujols. He's one of the best players in baseball. Have fun with this rumor i started.

O I heard that report too! Right before the one about the imminent Halladay/Wells package, right? On that station with that guy. Yeah, that sounded good.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
So before 2006 Chris Widger was better than Albert Pujols?

Are you really comapring Widger with the likes of Pujols and A-Rod? Because I never did.

The point is that A-Rod is not a team player. He is a great individual HOF player to watch and enjoy. He has a track record of not doing well in the playoffs and has cost his teams the opportunity to win a ring. I think it would be a mistake to bring him in. One again this is my opinion and if he ever does put on a White Sox uniform I will support him and hope they win.

Id take A-rod in a heartbeat if we could get him. Buehrle & Crede might be gone in a year and if it took something like that to get him for 4 years, KW would be foolish to not take that deal.

All that being said it's probably a snowballs chance in hell A-rod gets traded anywhere, especially to the sox. Afterall it takes a "no" from him to put the brakes on anything.

Edited by U can putitontheboarrrrd...YES

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
Are you really comapring Widger with the likes of Pujols and A-Rod? Because I never did.

The point is that A-Rod is not a team player. He is a great individual HOF player to watch and enjoy. He has a track record of not doing well in the playoffs and has cost his teams the opportunity to win a ring. I think it would be a mistake to bring him in. One again this is my opinion and if he ever does put on a White Sox uniform I will support him and hope they win.

He hasn't done bad in the playoffs, his performance is just overblown since he's with the team he is with. And if one player is costing his team the chance to win a ring, well then that team shouldn't be near getting a ring in the first place.

QUOTE(U can putitontheboarrrrd...YES @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
Id take A-rod in a heartbeat if we could get him. Buehrle & Crede might be gone in a year and if it took something like that to get him for 4 years, KW would be foolish to not take that deal.

All that being said it's probably a snowballs chance in hell A-rod gets traded anywhere, especially to the sox. Afterall it takes a "no" from him to put the brakes on anything.

Methinks that A-Rod is dying to leave NYC, given that the fans and media are treating him like complete crap.

If we're down in the dumps in July, I'd strongly consider offering Cashman Buehrle and Crede for him. But I wouldn't even think of moving the former if we're competitive.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
The point is that A-Rod is not a team player.

Neither was AJ Pierzinsky when we got him ....do not listen to every hack that says stuff just because they have nothing better to do with their lives

Big Frank was always given the "bad team player" rap and he has done fine even last year leading his team to the ALCS

Edited by sox-r-us

QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Can you cite an example to back up that statement?

2005 ALDS, 9th inning, Jeter on first, Yankees down by 1, 0 outs, ARod GIDP while swinging to try to get everything in one swing.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
He hasn't done bad in the playoffs, his performance is just overblown since he's with the team he is with. And if one player is costing his team the chance to win a ring, well then that team shouldn't be near getting a ring in the first place.

If Konerko or Dye had a bad 05 postseason do you think the Sox still would have won. When your major player has a really bad postseason the team usually does not win. Ask Frank Thomas about the 2000 series against the Mariners.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
Can you cite an example to back up that statement?

Have you been watching the same A-Rod I have been watching. Please tell me why there was such a circus in the Yankee clubhouse surrounding A-Rod and do not give me "It's the Yankees" excuse.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
Damn that Paul Konerko is the most selfish player I've ever seen

Well done. My thoughts exactly. :cheers

Amazing how this word "cancer" has become so over-used that it means nothing to me anytime I hear it now. Ridiculous....

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
Have you been watching the same A-Rod I have been watching. Please tell me why there was such a circus in the Yankee clubhouse surrounding A-Rod and do not give me "It's the Yankees" excuse.

It is a reflection of the pathetic media in big cities and the society we live in. Put the blame where it needs to go....and think for your self for a change. Amazing how people as nice as ARod get beat up too. Maybe it would be better if he killed someone or beat up his wife for some of you to focus on other players.

This is the same BS with TO. 95% of it is BS that the media feeds because they have nothing better to do in their lives.

Same BS with the NY Giants recently

Edited by sox-r-us