Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
32 teams, and the payout was only $50?

You get free drinks as well, so that's probably why, but still 50 bucks works for me. You'd be proud Milkman, our team name was actually 'The Perfect Team' after Mr. Perfect because we were just playing Smackdown vs. Raw. :lol:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)
You get free drinks as well, so that's probably why, but still 50 bucks works for me. You'd be proud Milkman, our team name was actually 'The Perfect Team' after Mr. Perfect because we were just playing Smackdown vs. Raw. :lol:

You just jumped up a few notches in my book.

I just finished watching "The Sands of Iwo Jima". I know it was made with a bias toward the U. S. but there is some profound truths to messages that movie sends. We were a great nation and a great people at that time. What has happened to this nation in the 60 something years since the end of WWII? The men that fought and died in WWII would roll over in their graves if they could see what has become of the USA. The freedoms that those great men died for, we are allowing to be taken away from us. Bush is selling out our sovereinty (I for the life of me can't remember how to spell that word) and whittling away at our freedoms. Our constitution is nothing more than a dusty relic. Congress hasn't issued a declaration of war since 1941. That war ended in 1945. Since then we've had Korea, Viet Nam, Grenada and Iraq twice, with Iran in the cross hairs. How the hell can this be? Why has Congress failed to do their duty to uphold the checks and balances spelled out in the constitution? Why have we allowed them to falter so dramatically without raising hell? The media has spent so much time focusing on the likes of O. J. Simpson, Natalie Holloway, Anna Nicole Smith and Brittany Spears that we can't see the forest for the trees. We are being fed Pablum when we need meat and potatoes. Yet, we are settling for, accepting, the Pablum. As a 49 year old man, I am ashamed that this has happened to our formally great nation on 'my watch'. I have let down the generations that are to follow me and I'm sickened by that fact. I just wish that I knew what to do about it.

YANY, perhaps on some fronts, but we also

Placed a man on the moon

Invented the transistor, which revolutionized electronics and the world.

Seriously cleaned up the environment

Eradicated small pox and polio

Become THE economic power house in the world's economy.

Gave the world McDonald's and bought the world a Coke ;)

Made the world a little less safe for dictators, oppressors, and evil doers.

Assured Jews a homeland

And that's just to get started. :usa

So one of our cats had to be put down today, and I can't help but feel partly responsible. It was quite clearly a "weaker-minded" cat, if you will, and has suffered from bouts of depression in the past. I came home over Christmas Break, was home for over a month, and spent like a total of 4 hours with said cat. After I went back to school, my mom told me about how she was sitting in one spot all day and wouldn't eat at all - which is a huge sign of depression. She ate a little bit willingly now and then - after my mom would was told to force feed her - but that soon stopped, and her health kept snowballing downhill. Then apparently last Friday she was seizuring in a hallway - she was laying motionless on the ground with her back spasming while foaming at the mouth. She was still quite acting up until this morning when my mom awoke to her doing something similar while also making a peculiar, shrieking/crying/painful noise and that's when she called the vet.

I know it's not my fault...but it just feels as though there was something I could have done. I guess at this point, there wasn't much I could do, and I can't blame myself, but it just sucks. One of the sweetest cats you'd ever meet in your life - just incredibly shy.

Anyways...yeah, I'm not good at ending these types of stories. The time sucks on here.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
Yesterday I met and had lunch with my first real live, honest-to-goodness billionaire. :o

She was really a quite nice, understated, and down to earth person.

Did you mention you have a single friend?

BTW, last night two of my Scouts passed their Eagle Scout boards of review. YThey both just turned 18 and I've known the one boy since he was 7 or 8 and the other since he was 11. Both really cool kids. One wants to join the Air Force after attending A&M University and the Corp of Cadets and the other will be studying Marketing and UT San Antonio.