Keith Foulke memory

StatManDu

i just remember in 2000 when we played the Cubbies and he and Sosa had an epic battle in the 9th, which ended with a Sosa bomb to tie the game. Then, the game went i think 13 innings and we won on a Herbert Perry double down the 3rd base line that scored Durham (or it was the other way around, i can't remember.) But, I just remember how happy I was at the stadium that day.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 11:08 AM)
i just remember in 2000 when we played the Cubbies and he and Sosa had an epic battle in the 9th, which ended with a Sosa bomb to tie the game. Then, the game went i think 13 innings and we won on a Herbert Perry double down the 3rd base line that scored Durham (or it was the other way around, i can't remember.) But, I just remember how happy I was at the stadium that day.

Other way around...that's one of my favorite Sox moments ever. It's even in my profile.

Unfortunately, most of what I remember of Foulke is from his poor performances.

Aside from those listed, one which sticks out in my mind is when he pitched a fat one to Jason Giambi in 2002 while the crowd was chanting "Yankees Suck." Everyone immediately became quiet once the ball landed ten rows into the RF stands. Then the booing began...

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I remember that Tiger- White Sox brawl in 2000. Foulke was in the middle of it and recieved a black eye. He had his case of struggles in 2002, but in 2000 and in 2001 he had some pretty damn good performances. Just to think, we got him in the white flag deal. Then we traded him for Billy Koch who was horrible and because of that was replaced by Shingo Takatsu who road a nice wave into 2005, but became horrible and was replaced by Big Bad Bobby Jenks!!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 03:16 AM)
To be perfectly honest and 100% serious, I basically have no memories of Foulke as a Sox player.

It's almost as if he never existed.

He never did anything, good or bad, that stuck in my memory.

Is that weird?

97 saves in 5 years. Impressive considering he was only the closer for a little over 2 years before Manuel started dicking around with the closing situation. I remember feeling sick to my stomach when Jerry removed Keith from the closers role, leading to his eventual trade to Oakland. (Where he had a stellar year) I also remember that big fat guy that used to be visible and audible behind the plate on every home game broadcast could be heard yelling out, "FASTBALL, CHANGEUP, CHANGEUP, FASTBALL" when Foulke would pitch.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 07:53 AM)
I remember that Tiger- White Sox brawl in 2000. Foulke was in the middle of it and recieved a black eye. He had his case of struggles in 2002, but in 2000 and in 2001 he had some pretty damn good performances. Just to think, we got him in the white flag deal. Then we traded him for Billy Koch who was horrible and because of that was replaced by Shingo Takatsu who road a nice wave into 2005, but became horrible and was replaced by Big Bad Bobby Jenks!!

Technically, Shingo was replaced by Dustin Hermanson, who did a fantastic job as closer until the back flared up, opening the door for BBBJ.

QUOTE(shoota @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This actor always reminds me of Foulke.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0001608/

All I want to do is race daddy!

QUOTE(quade36 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately I remember being at my first playoff game. Game 1 of the ALCS in 2000. Foulke gets lit up in the top of the 10th. Martinez hits a 2-run HR and Olerud follows with a solo shot......

Oh god.. that was awful.. I got out of school early for that game.