Jenks Injured

Harry Chappas

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
It's good that he didn't feel pain, but you have to be concerned whenever a pitcher (especially a power pitcher like Jenks) has shoulder tightness.

That sort of thing could be nothing (just not loose enough yet), or it could be an indication of a serious problem, or anything in between. I hope they know soon.

So far its not that big of a deal. Jenks said that there is no pain, he just needs to stretch it out more. The tightness has been there since the start of spring training, he's just not loose yet. It's nothing to worry about, and he said he wont miss a game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
I predict Bobby Jenks' right arm falls off sometime before the start of the 2009 season. I really don't think it can hold up for much longer, I hope I'm wrong but I really believe this to be the case.

Especially with the screw in the elbow. With that type of stress you never know. That's part of the reason the Angels let him go.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
I predict Bobby Jenks' right arm falls off sometime before the start of the 2009 season. I really don't think it can hold up for much longer, I hope I'm wrong but I really believe this to be the case.

I would feel that way if it was his elbow. Thats the part of his body that should worry us the most.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 03:33 AM)
Anytime a pitcher has to leave a game after 10 pitches because of an issue with a shoulder or an elbow you have to be concerned. If Jenks said he's had this problem since spring training started, can someone explain to me why the hell he took the mound today?

I was thinking the same exact thing. It's frustrating that Garland said he felt tightness in his shoulder also, and couldn't get loose. If that's the case, then why are we putting these guys on the field right now?

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
I was thinking the same exact thing. It's frustrating that Garland said he felt tightness in his shoulder also, and couldn't get loose. If that's the case, then why are we putting these guys on the field right now?

Garland's shoulder was tight last year. Widger popped off about it, and nobody really picked up on it, and we know how awful Garland was the first couple months of the season. Hopefully all this tightness is nothing, but holes may seem to be appearing in the "playoffs=tired arms" excuse from last year. The Sox have been pretty lucky with injuries to their pitchers the last few years, eventually things tend to even out.