The West Bracket (San Jose)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
Now it's off again, I can't believe this. We can't watch the last 3 minutes because we need to watch the first 5 of Memphis-Nevada?

Hop on NCAA-MMOD. It's a bit behind the TV so you should catch what you missed.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Hop on NCAA-MMOD. It's a bit behind the TV so you should catch what you missed.

I tried dude, trust me. It's blacked out because it's our game, unreal. But, we've got this, w000000000000000000t. Sweet 16, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way you are guaranteed to see the game you want is to go to a bar or pay for the DirecTV package or be directly in a team's market. If you are not getting the constant feed, they will switch back and forth. The only way you can get the constant feed is be in the right spot. Not sure how far SIU's area would reach to get the constant feed, but if you are in Chicago that's not going to be close enough.

Now freakin relax, they have the game in hand. Congrats and smile a bit! :D

A 15-pt win is a nice win. Bring on Kansas, eh?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
The only way you are guaranteed to see the game you want is to go to a bar or pay for the DirecTV package or be directly in a team's market. If you are not getting the constant feed, they will switch back and forth. The only way you can get the constant feed is be in the right spot. Not sure how far SIU's area would reach to get the constant feed, but if you are in Chicago that's not going to be close enough.

Now freakin relax, they have the game in hand. Congrats and smile a bit! :D

A 15-pt win is a nice win. Bring on Kansas, eh?

Haha man, I can never ever relax during games, it's just how I am. I'm pretty sure my mom hates me now, but oh well. I'm sooooo happy though now, bring on KU or UK. Matt could be back for next weekend too, we shall see, but for now, w00000t.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
Haha man, I can never ever relax during games, it's just how I am. I'm pretty sure my mom hates me now, but oh well. I'm sooooo happy though now, bring on KU or UK. Matt could be back for next weekend too, we shall see, but for now, w00000t.

OMG tell me about it! We could have been up 30 and i still get nervous! Oh yeah, f*** CBS! Such bs that i have to watch the ends of two games that i don't give a s*** about! Then to make it worse they turn off our game with 3 minutes left! I want to watch my team play!

GO DAWGS! SWEET SIXTEEN BABY!

It honestly amazes me how some of these anaylsts have jobs. Digger says SIU is going to play a lot of zone againt KU, and I lol'd because he just embarrasses himself more and more every time he speaks.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
OMG tell me about it! We could have been up 30 and i still get nervous! Oh yeah, f*** CBS! Such bs that i have to watch the ends of two games that i don't give a s*** about! Then to make it worse they turn off our game with 3 minutes left! I want to watch my team play!

GO DAWGS! SWEET SIXTEEN BABY!

Go to a bar and quit whining. Your team won!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
They put the f***in Wisconsin game on. I couldn't care f***in less right now about other games.

I'm shocked you didn't go to BW3 or someplace with all the feeds. You knew they'd jump around games, which they should. Chicago isn't exactly the SIU hotbed that would require exclusive, no cut-in coverage of the game. The vast majority of people up here want to see the close games.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 12:29 AM)
I'm shocked you didn't go to BW3 or someplace with all the feeds. You knew they'd jump around games, which they should. Chicago isn't exactly the SIU hotbed that would require exclusive, no cut-in coverage of the game. The vast majority of people up here want to see the close games.

Which is why I wish ESPN/ABC/Disney had purchased the rights to the tournament. Ugh.. Atleast 2011 is around the corner..

People seem to forget that Carbondale is geographically closer to some parts of Northern Mississippi than it is Chicago. I enjoy watching SIU, but to say they should get a lot of coverage up here is like saying that UTEP should be big in Dallas, or that the success of Toledo's programs should be huge in Cincinnati. Yeah these are all in the same state, but they aren't places anywhere near each other, and these schools don't have the rooting power of the BCS ones.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:29 AM)

You know I can't watch these games with a lot of people, I'd probably get arrested. I honestly wasn't positive that they'd hop around because I know they don't do that for Illinois games and they didn't go to the UK-Nova game while ours was going on Friday. Even after all of that, why the hell would they take our game off with 3 minutes to go to see the Memphis-Nevada game that just started?

Whatever, it's done, I'm happy now. :P :D

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:48 AM)
You know I can't watch these games with a lot of people, I'd probably get arrested. I honestly wasn't positive that they'd hop around because I know they don't do that for Illinois games and they didn't go to the UK-Nova game while ours was going on Friday. Even after all of that, why the hell would they take our game off with 3 minutes to go to see the Memphis-Nevada game that just started?

Whatever, it's done, I'm happy now. :P :D

BECAUSE I NEED MORE FAZEKAS

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
It honestly amazes me how some of these anaylsts have jobs. Digger says SIU is going to play a lot of zone againt KU, and I lol'd because he just embarrasses himself more and more every time he speaks.

He doesnt care, but you would think whoever is feeding him his script would note that SIU hasnt played a zone against anyone since Bruce Weber was hired as a coach.

Where is Jimbo through all of this? I figured this one would leave him laughing since he jumped on the SIU bandwagon this year, he was bound to say something about it. Salukitalk has a bunch of phog.net quotes posted already, their fans already have this one in the bag.

People seem to forget that Carbondale is geographically closer to some parts of Northern Mississippi than it is Chicago. I enjoy watching SIU, but to say they should get a lot of coverage up here is like saying that UTEP should be big in Dallas, or that the success of Toledo's programs should be huge in Cincinnati. Yeah these are all in the same state, but they aren't places anywhere near each other, and these schools don't have the rooting power of the BCS ones

The geography of it doesnt really matter, there are a lot of SIU grads in the Chicagoland area. I think we were all surprised because A: they let us watch the first round game in its entirety, and B: They didnt cut away to a thrilling finish, they cut away to the beginning of the Memphis-Nevada game abruptly, in the middle of a play, and never came back to the game. Then they went to the end of the Wisconsin-UNLV game, which I wasnt surprised at because Wisconsin is very close to Chicago and it was an exciting ending/upset. There was plenty of time there unnecassarily spent on Memphis-Nevada first 3 minutes which could have gone to the end of the SIU game.

Great game by the Salukis in a rematch. They made the Hokies look average and slow.