• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really digging the new Say Anything record. Some great lyrics such as:

"there are babies with guns beheading their friends

in shopping malls around the world

yet somehow the kings of leon

still have time to write songs about girls"

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
Stopped in to that 3 day Phish8 Fest over Halloween. I'm not a fan, but it was practically held in my back yard and the tix were free, so I checked it out. Gotta love the bandwagon effect. 75% people getting high, 10% people looking to hook up, 15% fan base.

What album did they cover?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
I'm pretty disappointed. It sounds like a lackluster QOTSA offering.

I think it will grow on me with repeated listenings. The guitars obviously sound very QOTSA, and may lack enough variation and depth to make this album stand the test of time. But I think the songwriting is a little more varied and mature and the performance quite a bit more nuanced than my admittedly small sampling of QOTSA has revealed.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)

Exile on Main Street. I was not there though. I don't like Phish altho this would have been interesting to hear.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Did he make one? I thought the whole thing was it was a free internet download sensation, I'm pretty sure he'd be eff'd copyright wise.

You can download it from pretty much anywhere. The Beatles would not let him legally sell it, that's why he put it online for people for free.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)

It was rumored to be 'Thriller' on Halloween night which woulda been VERY interesting. It ended up being Exile On Main Street.

What ever happened to The Redwalls?

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
I'm pretty disappointed. It sounds like a lackluster QOTSA offering.

I like the first half of the album, but haven't really decided on the second half of it yet. I could do without the vocals on some songs (although I like normally don't mind Homme's vocals that much), especially on Scumbag Blues. For the most part though, I've enjoyed it and it's basically what I expected.

I think Continuum will be hard to top, but he did a great job moving to the side and forward, while still keeping a Continuum-like vibe on these tracks. It's a more radio-friendly album, especially with Half Of My Heart. IMO, the best tracks are Assassin and Friends, Lovers Or Nothing.

He's got a concert show on Fuse next Tuesday; I'm looking forward to officially hearing what this new stuff sounds like live.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
It was rumored to be 'Thriller' on Halloween night which woulda been VERY interesting. It ended up being Exile On Main Street.

What ever happened to The Redwalls?

So did you hear them do Exile? I am not a big Phish fan but I have of copy of them covering VU's Loaded from 1998.

Are you asking me about The Redwalls? I am not familiar with them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
TCV is growing on me.

I'm looking forward to getting the CD so I can actually listen to these songs in winamp, as opposed to just having a YouTube tab open on my browser :P