Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
Not sure if you're into hip-hop at all but The Cool Kids are gonna be at Reggie's on the 10th.

It's a small little venue that has a bar & record store attached to it. Usually a fun time though.

Uh where is Reggies cause I need to be there for that...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
I think it will grow on me with repeated listenings. The guitars obviously sound very QOTSA, and may lack enough variation and depth to make this album stand the test of time. But I think the songwriting is a little more varied and mature and the performance quite a bit more nuanced than my admittedly small sampling of QOTSA has revealed.

I love the Them Crooked Vultures album personally. I needed to get used to it the first time but it is definitely a different sound than I am used to. Album has exceeded my expectations.

Scumbag Blues

Gunman

Probably my favorites songs.

Elephants is also a great song, as is Nobody Loves Me and Neither Do I. I really like the switch of sounds in Nobody Loves Me, and Grohl going crazy at the end is great.

Overall a very solid album. I look forward to more TCV releases :)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 05:19 AM)
this was a really fun list until #1 came.

I thought I had broadened my music tastes since I stopped being "all metal all the time." I own 7 of the 50 albums on that list haha. I got some work to do...

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
As strange as it is to say or even type this....it appears that Lady GaGa may have had some talent at one time.....

Lady GaGa

My goodness.. :o

Looks like she really sold out. I gotta say though.. she was very attractive as a brunette. Then again.. I have a thing for brunettes anyway. :D

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
As strange as it is to say or even type this....it appears that Lady GaGa may have had some talent at one time.....

Lady GaGa

I'm pretty sure I read an interview where she's a classically trained musician. Either way, none of it shows in her current work.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
If anyone's interested, Urge Overkill is playing House of Blues on New Year's Eve.

Tickets are on sale now - 40 bucks each, 30 bucks each if purchased in a 4-pack.

TicketBastard is selling them.

Oh wow, what a show!

I just pulled out their album a few months ago to expose my 26 year old ex roommates to some good music and realized myself how much I have missed their work.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
If anyone's interested, Urge Overkill is playing House of Blues on New Year's Eve.

Tickets are on sale now - 40 bucks each, 30 bucks each if purchased in a 4-pack.

TicketBastard is selling them.

Yet another great 90's band. Unfortunately they didn't make enough records. Didn't one of them get busted for dealing H?

I partied with Blackie Onassis one night, cool guy.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 11:32 PM)
I'm pretty sure I read an interview where she's a classically trained musician. Either way, none of it shows in her current work.

I disagree. There's a lot of performance art in there to be sure, but I find the songs hold up (at least they do what they're supposed to, no more.)

Gaga definitely looks better with brunette hair. She dyed it though when a reporter mistook her for Amy Winehouse. Regardless, she's a very talented musician. She sucks you in with the weirdness and dance/pop songs, but she's great musically. She's pretty sound at a couple of instruments and is excellent at the piano. Her voice, when she uses it is awesome.

Her live shows display her talent quite nicely.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)
Saw The Jesus Lizard last night at the Metro, first time I've seen them in probably around 10-12 years. They are such an incredible live band. Yow is a touch calmer, didn't spend 90% of the show in the crowd, but still amazing. Truly a Chicago treasure.

Was he a stumbling, shirtless, barefoot, drunk mess who repeatedly exposed himself to the crowd? :headbang

Did he tell any jokes? He's got some classics.

An all time music treasure. I'm jealous.

Anyone catch any of HBOs RnR HOF concert over the weekend?? Stevie Wonder and John Legend were doing a Michael Jackson song, when suddenly Stevie was overcome with emotion and broke down crying. He tried several times to regain his composure, but it took him a good 30 seconds to get back on track. Such a rare and genuine moment, gotta admit, it put a lump in my throat.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
Was he a stumbling, shirtless, barefoot, drunk mess who repeatedly exposed himself to the crowd? :headbang

Did he tell any jokes? He's got some classics.

An all time music treasure. I'm jealous.

Anyone catch any of HBOs RnR HOF concert over the weekend?? Stevie Wonder and John Legend were doing a Michael Jackson song, when suddenly Stevie was overcome with emotion and broke down crying. He tried several times to regain his composure, but it took him a good 30 seconds to get back on track. Such a rare and genuine moment, gotta admit, it put a lump in my throat.

you nailed it except no exposure! Turns out he bruised his ribs on the last song Friday