Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
I know Gage and Cali got it...I am sure of it.

Hey it was the music that tugged at my heart strings in my high school being in love days.

haha nope. I like that song "Stolen" but don't care for anything else.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
I can make mp3s...

It probably isn't particularly hard to do that (I think I've done it in the past with some googling), but I'm being loyal and waiting for the CD to arrive. I think their leaking of the CD on YouTube a week before it was officially released is a pretty interesting strategy, and I'll "honor their trust" (or something like that) by not torrenting it or ripping the YouTube audio.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
It probably isn't particularly hard to do that (I think I've done it in the past with some googling), but I'm being loyal and waiting for the CD to arrive. I think their leaking of the CD on YouTube a week before it was officially released is a pretty interesting strategy, and I'll "honor their trust" (or something like that) by not torrenting it or ripping the YouTube audio.

Believe me, Dave Grohl doesn't care about downloading. He's encouraged it at several of the FF shows I've been to.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 01:11 AM)
I recently stumbled upon a pretty great classic rock that eluded me for years. I'm not sure why I have never heard it on the radio ever.

True Fine Love by The Steve Miller Band.

So come on get your rocks off, I'm gonna knock your socks off. Good stuff for sure, and it was on SMB's Greatest Hits so lazy 100% repetitive programing is the only reason classic rock stations seem to have forgotten this one.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 06:40 AM)
So come on get your rocks off, I'm gonna knock your socks off. Good stuff for sure, and it was on SMB's Greatest Hits so lazy 100% repetitive programing is the only reason classic rock stations seem to have forgotten this one.

97.1 usually breaks out the "deep cuts" with SMB, I bet this is on fairly often. Everytime i hear them do their deep cut program it seems like SMB is featured

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 07:40 AM)

I swear I was born in the wrong decade. No type of music compares even remotely to classic rock and, to a lesser extent, Motown and oldies.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
For those that are familiar with the Chicago music scene, is JBTV a big deal in Chicago?

Not really. It plays on cable access, and one of the UHF stations used to run it in the middle of the night on (I think) Saturday nights. Don't know if it airs anywhere these days.

I liked his show because he played a lot of stuff you wouldn't really see too often anywhere else, and his interviews were usually pretty interesting.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
It does in fact still air. I was at the studio for a few hours yesterday, and met Jerry Bryant. Coming into it, I had no idea who or what it was, but came away impressed with the studio, and his resume.

Again, I just wasn't familiar with it.

That is so awesome, that guy introduced me to a lot of music.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
Anybody listen to Aesop Rock? I think a few of his songs are really good.

His beats are too busy for me. Like they'd give me a headache if I listen to them with headphones on.

Going to see Brother Ali & Evidence at the Metro tonight. So excited.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 11:59 PM)
His beats are too busy for me. Like they'd give me a headache if I listen to them with headphones on.

Going to see Brother Ali & Evidence at the Metro tonight. So excited.

even on labor day?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
I'll be in Chicago from Dec. 7th-14th. Any good shows during that time?

GWAR at House of Blues on the 7th.

Cheap Trick at the Allstate Arena on the 10th.

The Queers at Reggie's on December 11th.

El Vez and Los Straitjackets at Double Door on the 11th.

Marduk (Swedish black metal) at Reggie's on the 12th.

That's all I could find that interested me in the least.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
GWAR at House of Blues on the 7th.

Cheap Trick at the Allstate Arena on the 10th.

The Queers at Reggie's on December 11th.

El Vez and Los Straitjackets at Double Door on the 11th.

Marduk (Swedish black metal) at Reggie's on the 12th.

That's all I could find that interested me in the least.

Thx. Will have to check out Reggie's mostly cuz Ive never been there.

The Jesus Lizard, NYE at Metro! Get there, or hate your life.