Music Thread

greasywheels121

I'm a huge, HUGE Grohl fan, and follow about everything he puts out. For some reason, I can't seem to get excited about Them Crooked Vultures. Maybe its Homme on vocals moreso than Grohl that kills it for me, though I will say its nice to see Dave back behind the drums and banging away.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other various teasers they have on youtube have gotten me pretty excited as well:

Basically, I'm going to be listening to all of these teasers (and New Fang) a bunch in the upcoming weeks until the full album comes out. November 17th can't come soon enough :)

Saw Weezer on Saturday, I was quite drunk, but they were awesome

Setlist:

Hash Pipe

Undone - The Sweater Song

Troublemaker

Surf Wax America

War Pigs (Intro)

Perfect Situation

(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To (with Sara Bareilles)

Say It Ain't So

Why Bother?

My Name is Jonas

Island in the Sun

Can't Stop Partying (with Chamillionaire)

Photograph into Song 2 by Blur

I'm Your Daddy

Pork and Beans

Beverly Hills

Encore:

Kids (MGMT cover)

Poker Face (Lady Gaga cover)

Buddy Holly

Also 4 songs into Raditude and it's already way better than Red Album....

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 08:59 AM)
There's this kind of amazing Miley Cyrus/Notorious BIG mash up lying around on the internets.

Everytime I think I get that damn song out of my head....someone goes & gives me a reason to listen to it.

Went to the lupe fiasco show last night at the congress. Good show, not as good as last years halloween show, but still a good show. The crowd was a little disappointing though.

He did a good chunk of songs from his mixtapes. He closed out the show with superstar and his new single from lasers, shining down. Matthew Santos did a great job.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
Went to the lupe fiasco show last night at the congress. Good show, not as good as last years halloween show, but still a good show. The crowd was a little disappointing though.

He did a good chunk of songs from his mixtapes. He closed out the show with superstar and his new single from lasers, shining down. Matthew Santos did a great job.

A friend kept me updated, after hearing what he performed...I'm so pissed I didn't go.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Yeah I watched most of the Foo Fighters show, pretty good. I can't wait for them to tour again.

Unfortunately, I don't foresee it happening anytime soon. I'm a HUGE Grohl fan, but he is still enamored with the whole John Paul Jones-Josh Homme combo, I think its going to be a bit.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Yeah I watched most of the Foo Fighters show, pretty good. I can't wait for them to tour again.

I've seen a good number of concerts, and one of the best shows I ever saw was the Foo Fighters at the Metro when they toured on the first album... they played one show there when they opened for Mike Watts, but this was their headline show... the place was packed and they really delivered.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
Unfortunately, I don't foresee it happening anytime soon. I'm a HUGE Grohl fan, but he is still enamored with the whole John Paul Jones-Josh Homme combo, I think its going to be a bit.

I dont know, didnt Grohl pretty much do the same thing when he played the drums for QOTSA(ie. play drums for the album then go and support the following tour)?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 10:30 AM)
I've seen a good number of concerts, and one of the best shows I ever saw was the Foo Fighters at the Metro when they toured on the first album... they played one show there when they opened for Mike Watts, but this was their headline show... the place was packed and they really delivered.

They played at the SIU Arena my senior year. It was awesome. They hit the strip afterwards.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 03:30 AM)

Saw them in Melbourne about a year and a half back, and they really put on a good show.

Nothing beats My Hero from them IMO.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
Don't know how long it will last, or what legal ground they think they can stand on in doing this, but bluebeat.com has posted the entire remastered Beatles catalog for unlimited free streaming as well as 25-cent per/song mp3 purchases.

Wow, those are great prices!