Ozzie: "If we don't win, fire me"

witesoxfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, one thing you have to give Ozzie is that he's pretty no-nonsense. I believe him. He wants to win. I don't care if people thing he puts the wrong team out there or stays with pitchers too long...end of the day, he wants to win. And he won't tolerate people who don't feel the same way.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 05:46 PM)
Hey, one thing you have to give Ozzie is that he's pretty no-nonsense. I believe him. He wants to win. I don't care if people thing he puts the wrong team out there or stays with pitchers too long...end of the day, he wants to win. And he won't tolerate people who don't feel the same way.

I agree, and I think that's why he said it. As far as I figure, if Ozzie's gone, it's rebuilding time. If he's still here, they're going to try and keep winning. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that may be the message he's not only sending to his players, but also even to management.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
I do like Ozzie but I wish he'd sometimes keep his mouth shut and just focus on trying to get the team to perform up to Ozzie's expectations, which I believe is to win another World Series.

I'm not saying its the most ideal way to run a team, but, I think he says things like this in part so that the team CAN focus on performing. He tries to take all the pressure on himself.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 06:54 PM)
Probably the same delusional half that think they'd make way better major league managers than him...

Yeah seriously. And does anybody here remember when manuel was our manager? unless you're guaranteed to get someone BETTER than ozzie, which is pretty unlikely, no sense in kicking his butt out the door.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 05:08 PM)
I think about half of Soxtalk just creamed their shorts.

Why? This isn't the first time he's said something like this. How is this any different than what he did in '05? It's just the opposite ploy, in '05 it was "if we win the World Series I'll retire "now it's "if we lose fire me."

I stopped caring about the s*** he says long ago. His words hold no validity with me.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
Probably the same delusional half that think they'd make way better major league managers than him...

As someone who is considered an "Ozzie hater" I'll speak for the group as a whole and say I do not think I'd make a better manager than Ozzie Guillen. There are currently 30 managers and 29 general managers in Major League Baseball who are doing a better job than I could currently do.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
Why? This isn't the first time he's said something like this. How is this any different than what he did in '05? It's just the opposite ploy, in '05 it was "if we win the World Series I'll retire "now it's "if we lose fire me."

I stopped caring about the s*** he says long ago. His words hold no validity with me.

As someone who is considered an "Ozzie hater" I'll speak for the group as a whole and say I do not think I'd make a better manager than Ozzie Guillen. There are currently 30 managers and 29 general managers in Major League Baseball who are doing a better job than I could currently do.

Dare I ask who's the GM you left out?