2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 10, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
Is gamecast right? Did Molina steal home?

I guess it would be ruled as such - man on first and third, man on first stole second and on the throw man on third went home.

6-0 now. Matthews is really starting to heat up. From both sides of the plate.

I see that Jermey Sowers kid from Cleveland has been doing pretty bad. Ever since his fisrt star against the White Sox, I knew he wouldn't be this big ace or whatever. He really looked unimpressive to me, and has only had 8 K's in 24 or something like that IP. He actually has more walks issued than batters struck out.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 10, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
I see that Jermey Sowers kid from Cleveland has been doing pretty bad. Ever since his fisrt star against the White Sox, I knew he wouldn't be this big ace or whatever. He really looked unimpressive to me, and has only had 8 K's in 24 or something like that IP. He actually has more walks issued than batters struck out.

Sowers has been a real dissapointment to this point.

Sowers simply doesn't strike enough guys out (even a guy like Buehrle does it enough to keep people honest) to be anymore than a 4 or 5 starter. His success last year was due to a inordinate amount of success of balls put into play, and that has regressed to the means this year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 11, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
the Twins need 2 bats just to stay competitive

The entire lineup regressing to the means at the same time, and not performing at those fluke 2006 levels is not helping your cause. Your bullpen sucked tonight too, surprisingly enough.

We told you Ryan....

Twins designated RHP Sidney Ponson for assignment.

The Twins are planning on calling up first baseman-outfielder Garrett Jones until a fifth starter is needed on Saturday. It should be Kevin Slowey getting the nod in his place, but that's another thing the Twins have yet to announce a decision on. Ponson indicated that he plans to go home to Florida and sit out the rest of the season before deciding whether to resume his career.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
We told you Ryan....

Damn.

Tough decision now...

Slowey (38/2 K/BB ratio in Rochester)

Baker (41/4 K/BB ratio in Rochester)

Garza ('06 minor league pitcher of the year, pedestrian 41/15 K/BB in Rochester)

Tough to make the wrong decision, that is.

Ponson indicated that he plans to go home to Florida and sit out the rest of the season before deciding whether to resume his career.

Guy, just retire. We all know it's over. You've been passed around like a doobie to four of the most SP-starved teams in the league, and it just seems that you're getting worse. Just hang 'em up.

Borowski is so overrated. A closer with an ERA of 9.00 with 12 saves. When he blows a save, he really blows - wow.

That was some great managing by Wedge too - Ozzie-esque.

Now if the Twins can beat the Tigers tonight, the Sox lose no ground.