2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
Ugh, Ortiz soon to follow Ponson on a raft to nowhere. More stud prospects to their rotation.

Even if they do replace Ortiz along with Ponson, that's 3 rookies in their rotation at the same time. Bonser, Garza, Slowey/Baker even though Garza and Baker have had time up, they still have limited experience.

It doesn't matter what team it is, 3 rookies in the same rotation is tough. You'd expect at least a few bumpy starts from each.

Although it does look tough for us once they get established.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 15, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
Even if they do replace Ortiz along with Ponson, that's 3 rookies in their rotation at the same time. Bonser, Garza, Slowey/Baker even though Garza and Baker have had time up, they still have limited experience.

It doesn't matter what team it is, 3 rookies in the same rotation is tough. You'd expect at least a few bumpy starts from each.

Although it does look tough for us once they get established.

John Bonser is about as much of a rookie as say Rich Hill or Jared Weaver.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 15, 2007 -> 11:47 PM)
John Bonser is about as much of a rookie as say Rich Hill or Jared Weaver.

I didn't realize Bonser had 100 innings pitched last year. Now that I'm looking at it Baker has had some innings up too.

Maybe I should have said their options aren't exactly established in the league and are bound to have troubles.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 16, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
Bonderman going on the 15 Day DL for the Tigers with blister problems.

Taking his spot in the rotation is Andrew Miller.

Link

Oooooooooooooooooooh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm interested to see how it works out. I hope Miller fails miserably.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 16, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
Oooooooooooooooooooh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm interested to see how it works out. I hope Miller fails miserably.

I already hate him, strictly because he would only sign with them if they brought him up to the majors his rookie year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
I already hate him, strictly because he would only sign with them if they brought him up to the majors his rookie year.

I'd love for a pitcher of his potential to sign with the White Sox under such conditions.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 17, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
It is painful to follow the Twins these days

Santana had 11k's and gave up four hits

Only 2 of those hits were HR and thats all the opponets need these days to defeat this punchless club

If it's any consolation you know anytime Santana faces us its an automatic win.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 17, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
It is painful to follow the Twins these days

Santana had 11k's and gave up four hits

Only 2 of those hits were HR and thats all the opponets need these days to defeat this punchless club

Actually, that was 1 more than they needed.

:D :P

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
What in the hell has happened to Fausto Carmona since we lit him up in his first start this year? That sent him to 1-12 since opening day 2006, now he's won 5 in a row and threw a CG SHO to beat Johan. Bizarre.

Its one of those situations where statistics don't tell the whole story. The kid is finally getting it, which is scary.

Must be nice to be the Indians....they get down 4-1 in the 2nd, and three batters later, their game is tied. Andrew Miller is pitching for the Tigers, and he looks pretty good. If he can pitch well for them this year, I see no reason how they don't make the playoffs. Watching these offenses makes me so jealous.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
Must be nice to be the Indians....they get down 4-1 in the 2nd, and three batters later, their game is tied. Andrew Miller is pitching for the Tigers, and he looks pretty good. If he can pitch well for them this year, I see no reason how they don't make the playoffs. Watching these offenses makes me so jealous.

Wait a few seasons and you'll have reason to be jealous of Detroit and Clevelands pitching staffs as well.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 18, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
Well for now they're all jealous of our ring. :)

Come on, Justin. We aren't suppose to talk about the past anymore!!! OZZIE SUCKS! /sarcasm

Super....looks like we're going to lose ground to every AL Central team today. Remember when people thought Brian Anderson was just as good, and would be better in the future, than T. Hunter?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I've said for the past 2 years, nobody sparks the Cleveland Offense like Cliff Lee.

Think the Tigers are still a little upset over last year's WS?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 19, 2007 -> 01:01 AM)
Like I've said for the past 2 years, nobody sparks the Cleveland Offense like Cliff Lee.

Think the Tigers are still a little upset over last year's WS?

Yeah, there was quite the ovation when Miller fielded a bunt cleanly for an out. These two teams are damn good, even with all of the injuries they've had. Just a fantastic day of baseball today with the Sox losing, Cubs winning, Tigers/Indians winning, and the rest of the NL Central losing.

Edited by fathom