2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 24, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
The Tigers 1-5 in their batting order = sensational.

Granderson's on pace to have quite the extra base hit line this year. 35-15-25 isn't out of the question.

they are definitely the team to beat, in my opinion. I think they could start pulling away this weekend when they play the tribe. I hope the Sox stay with them, but facing some tough pitching 4 out of the next 5 games doesn't bode well.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 24, 2007 -> 02:39 PM)
Rumor has it he soaks his mane in an androstenedione solution before each game.

Steroid laced shampoo?! F'ing brilliant!!!! Knock me off two birds with one stone.

Thanks for the heads-up bro.

Sincerely,

Jason Giambino

PS. Any chance you can hook me up with some HGH conditioner? I can't forget about my shine:)

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 24, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
Yeah but can he grind like our leadoff hitter?

Scary how good the leadoff hitters for the Tigers and Indians are going to be for the next 10 years. There's no doubt in my mind that the only chance the Sox have to make the playoffs is via the Wild Card. With that in mind, I think the Indians and Yankees are our biggest competitors.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 24, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
The Tigers 1-5 in their batting order = sensational.

Granderson's on pace to have quite the extra base hit line this year. 35-15-25 isn't out of the question.

I didn't realize the Tigers had (as of right now) the #1 (35, Maggs) and #2 (30, Granderson) players in MLB in extra base hits.

:huh:

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(fathom @ May 24, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
Scary how good the leadoff hitters for the Tigers and Indians are going to be for the next 10 years. There's no doubt in my mind that the only chance the Sox have to make the playoffs is via the Wild Card. With that in mind, I think the Indians and Yankees are our biggest competitors.

I would agree if those teams didn't have so many question marks in their starting rotation. 1-5 I still think we have the best starters in the division.

Can't the Twins just lose a game quietly?

Rally from 3 down in the bottom of the 9th to tie it and go to extras. Than down 1 in the 11th and come back and tie it with the winning run on 1st and 2 outs.

Jerks.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 26, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
Can't the Twins just lose a game quietly?

Rally from 3 down in the bottom of the 9th to tie it and go to extras. Than down 1 in the 11th and come back and tie it with the winning run on 1st and 2 outs.

Jerks.

After they win this game they'll go on a roll and consequently the Sox play them on Monday. What luck........

Despite the bullpen's recent woes, we still have the 4th best ERA in the AL, ahead of all the others in our division. Cleveland is ranked 8th, middle of the pack, and I don't see that changing. I think in the end it's going to come down to pitching. The tribe's bats will cool down and there's no way the Sox are going to keep hitting .234 all season. I still think minny makes a move in the standings, Baker and Boof will pitch well and once Mauer comes back they'll hit better. I don't think Rogers is going to make a big difference for the tigers. Team with the best pitching will win it. Oh, and we're only one game back of detroit in the loss colum.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2007 -> 02:49 AM)
Despite the bullpen's recent woes, we still have the 4th best ERA in the AL, ahead of all the others in our division. Cleveland is ranked 8th, middle of the pack, and I don't see that changing. I think in the end it's going to come down to pitching. The tribe's bats will cool down and there's no way the Sox are going to keep hitting .234 all season. I still think minny makes a move in the standings, Baker and Boof will pitch well and once Mauer comes back they'll hit better. I don't think Rogers is going to make a big difference for the tigers. Team with the best pitching will win it. Oh, and we're only one game back of detroit in the loss colum.

A good example about how number can be deceiving.

Check out this quote:

"For now, Cooper seems more than satisfied with the relief crew in place. Even with a 9.29 ERA over its last 17 games, including 61 hits allowed and 30 walks issued in 40 2/3 innings, Cooper knows the support will be there at the end of the game to get the ball to Jenks -- including MacDougal."

Now THAT is UGLY.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 29, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)
A good example about how number can be deceiving.

Check out this quote:

"For now, Cooper seems more than satisfied with the relief crew in place. Even with a 9.29 ERA over its last 17 games, including 61 hits allowed and 30 walks issued in 40 2/3 innings, Cooper knows the support will be there at the end of the game to get the ball to Jenks -- including MacDougal."

Now THAT is UGLY.

A WHIP of 2.24 really isn't as bad as you think it is.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 29, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)
A WHIP of 2.24 really isn't as bad as you think it is.

It's not? I don't like the idea of letting 2 runners on base per inning.

I dont know if any of the Chicago papers had anything after the game, but one of the StarTribune guys jotted down Ozzie's remarks

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/christensen/?p=192

I read in the other section where Sox fans hate Metrodome, hey Twins fans do too! But you guys are going to play in Toronto, where balls hit in front of the plate bunce just as high there as they do at the Dome.

I dont want to sound like Im rubbing salt in the wounds or anything, but best of luck with Halladay and Burnett