2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Kalapse

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
I have no idea how in the world they thought that starting that Durbin guy was a good idea. Pitched in 3 big league games in the last 2 seasons. 29 years old. Career WHIP 1.62, 6.14 ERA, 17-30 career record, started 29 games for the Royals in 01 but since then has floated around between the minor leagues, the Indians, the D-Backs, and now Detroit. Seriously, I have no freaking clue how you start him instead of Miner.

I will thoroughly enjoy watching the Tigers fall on their face this season. At least I hope that's what happens.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
It was off Riske. I'm watching the game. The Royals have looked a lot better this year, I've actually seen more of their games than Sox games it seems. We'll see what they do versus Jones.

They're better than you think IMHO. They have gotten solid starting pitching so far. Just no bullpen, and a few other pieces. I have seen four games I htink now. I'm falling in love with DeJesus (who just got his third hit today). Duckworth had a very solid game today. Riske just isn't a closer.

They have a lot more talent. There new GM (from the Braves org) has done nothing but compile talent for the most part, although he did give out some odd contracts as well and made a couple puzzling deals (the Mets and Sox trades were a bit odd) but overall the team is improved from years past.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
And with the lackluster play they got at 3B last year, it made perfect sense to rush up Gordon *rolls eyes*. HA, that's why they are the Royals though.

Are you being sarcastic? Teahan was absolutely ridiculous the second half of last season. And why not bring Gordon up, the kid might as well grow a bit at the major league level. He had over a full season over minor league ball, had success and isn't being thrown into a high pressure situation with the Royals.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
Are you being sarcastic? Teahan was absolutely ridiculous the second half of last season. And why not bring Gordon up, the kid might as well grow a bit at the major league level. He had over a full season over minor league ball, had success and isn't being thrown into a high pressure situation with the Royals.

LOL yes I thought *rolls eyes* gave away I was being dead sarcastic. Teahen is outstanding, and Gordon just isn't ready IMO.

Back on topic, Monday was a good day in the AL Central.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really wish Cleveland would start losing.

Did anyone really think the fake Johan Santana would actually pitch well outside of Angels Stadium this time?

It was pretty neat to see slider do the Bernie the Brewer routine of going down the slide after the home team's homer.

Edited by santo=dorf

Nate Robertson holds lefties to a .181 average so the O's put 5 in their line-up (Huff, Gibbons, Patterson, Markakis.......ah crap I forget) 3-0 tiggers. Sheffield is making Dye look good.

Ervin Santana got pounded. CC got hit but got out of jams. 7-4 Indians

Boof was getting roughed up but has settled down. 3-0 Twins

Grienke looking real good.

Can't wait for Extra Innings to be shut off.

The NL is unwatchable.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:15 AM)
LOL yes I thought *rolls eyes* gave away I was being dead sarcastic. Teahen is outstanding, and Gordon just isn't ready IMO.

Yeah, but if they realize next year is the first year they will be a decent team in a while they can let Teahan adjust to the OF and Gordon to MLB pitching this year. They are hoping the two do well in their new spots and by the time next year rolls around they will be ready to shoot for .500.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
Johan is one of the few players I wouldn't mind the team offering a 8 years, 180 million dollar contract to.

not getting him.

If the market is similar to how it is now come 2008-09, I seriously see him getting $30 million. And I am completely serious about that.

What I do see happening is the market dying down a bit. Johan will still set the mark for most money on a year by year basis, but it'll be like $26 mill.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)
The Bal/Det game is going to extras, 0-0.

At least the Indians lost tonight, we get an extra day of rest, and the Twins are tied going into the 7th and they don't have Rincon.

Hard to get really excited about cheering for the Yankees, but they (the Twins) deserve to lose after moving up Johan Santana to start against us on Sunday. I guess that's the ultimate form of respect...they would rather beat the White Sox than the Twins.

Top of the 11th in BALT. 0-0. Uh-oh, leadoff double by Monroe. At least I still have pleasant memories from the Ross Gload grand salami off Ray last year, then A-Rod did the same thing this year.

Inge struck out and Granderson flew out to CF, threat averted. Bottom of the 11th, still 0-0.

Luis Vizcaino is in for the Yankees. Strange. We've sent a few pitchers there. Tom Gordon. Loaiza. Antonio Osuna.

Edited by caulfield12

Jim, where have you seen that before? ;)

(for those who have no idea, Mientkiewicz just robbed Alexi Casilla of a probably a triple)

and who is this guy that the Twins have on the mound. They keep saying Ramon Ortiz, but that's no way that's true. Not possible.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
Jim, where have you seen that before? ;)

(for those who have no idea, Mientkiewicz just robbed Alexi Casilla of a probably a triple)

and who is this guy that the Twins have on the mound. They keep saying Ramon Ortiz, but that's no way that's true. Not possible.

Twins just went ahead off Farnsworth. Castillo reached, stole 2nd and Mauer flipped a single to the opposite field. Cuddyer also singled, 3-1 Twins, inning's still not over.

Farnsworth sucks, even with the new retro shades.

One way or the other, the top 4 in the AL Central will be bunched within one game in the standings after tonight.

Ortiz was very good for the Angels in 02 and 03, then his career kind of hit a swoon and he ended up on the Nationals.

CRAIG MONROE hit another freakin' grand slam home run in the Top of the 12th. 4-0 Tigers. I'm really starting to hate that guy. He's their version of Joe Crede, Mr. Clutch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
Angles up 2-1 in the 8th.

Old Man Roberto once again couldn't hold the lead, and left the game with an injury. It's early, but it looks like the Tribe's downfall could be the pen, once again.

I have a feeling we will hear that a lot this year, which is a good thing.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
Just wait until you guys see Crawford's baserunning errorS in the 9th inning in a 2-2 game.

I tried to describe it in the MLB catch-all.

Ruben Rivera really has company right now.