SOX FIRESALE BY JUNE

JERMAINEDYE4MVP

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
KONERKO TO RED SOX FOR JON LESTER

THOME TO TWINS FOR MATT GARZA

CREDE TO ANGELS FOR ERVIN SANTANA OR JOE SAUNDERS

DYE TO METS FOR LASTINGS MILLEDGE

BUEHRLE (IF HE PUTS TOGETHER A DECENT YEAR SAY 4.50 ERA) FOR A 2ND OR 3RD TIER PROSPECT

GARLAND TO YANKEES FOR PHILLIP HUGHES

We can get more for Konerko, Lester hasn't even proven he's 100% healthy yet.

The Twins would never give up Garza for Thome, they already have Morneau from the left side. While they could definitely USE Thome, they're not going to trade their top pitching prospect for him, and they're also not going to pay $9-10 million for a DH, even if the White Sox sent all their Phillies money along with him.

Crede for Santana wouldn't be horrible.

We can get more than Milledge at this point for Dye. Milledge is parked on then bench with no place to play....while he's still a brighter prospect than Anderson, he's not viewed quite in the same light as Chris Young or Alex Gordon either.

Buehrle will get you something VERY nice in return. With Zambrano probably out of the FA race, Jason Jennings and Buehrle are the two best properties available this offseason. Under 4 ERA, he gets you a similar return to what the M's got back for Garcia from the Sox.

Garland for Hughes (or Homer Bailey)? What have you been smoking, and can I have some please?

I NEVER SAID GARLAND FOR BAILEY. I SAID PHILLIP HUGH. YANKEES FOR PROBABLY DEAL HIM TO US FOR GARLAND BECAUSE GARLAND AVERAGES 18 WINS A GAME AND IS A GREAT POSTEASON PITCHERS 2-0, 2.25 ERA IN 2 STARS.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)
Please stop baiting him...he can't be older than 14-15.

Although Garland is "league average" in K's, WHIP and ERA (probably a notch or two above), he's far from league average in wins.

I would be happy with the injured pitching prospect they got from the Tigers, Sanchez (I think).

Contreras actually destroyed the Reds with strikeouts last year, and he would be one of the best NL pitchers...they wouldn't give up Bailey for him, but they might if we included another player...enough to put them over the top and definite playoff contention for this year.

Crede for someone on the Angels has always been a possibility....Santana, Shields, Saunders, Figgins, Willits, Wood, Aybar, etc.

PRINCETON EDUCATION. YOU THINK YOU CAN TOP THAT? I DON' THINK SO.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 06:52 AM)
At this rate this board is gonna be unbearable by April 5th...

I shudder to think what it will be like if we lose tomorrow. If Buehrle does poorly, I'm sure there will be 10 threads asking what we can get for him now, etc.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:39 AM)
I'm not bating anyone, I'm engaging in lively internet banter, something your small, inferior female brain is incapable of doing.

FOR GARLAND??? You've got to be out of your mind. Like you said the guy knows how to win games, he has the MOST wins of ANY pitcher in BASEBALL over the past 2 SEASONS. Hughes or bust, the guy is unproven and makes too little money to play for the Yankees but he'd look great on the palehose!

I know the Count owned the Reds last year, that's why I mentioned them as a possible trade partner, DUH!!11 I don't see why the Sox would have to include another player, what has Homer Bailey ever done at the major league level? About as much as you or I, that's how much. The Reds need to win NOW and a stud like Jose is just what the doctor ordered, in fact if I were Kenny Williams I start talks at Bailey and Bruce for Contreras. If Krivsky doesn't budge, tell him to f*** off!

If Contreras was such an obvious stud, and the same pitcher from August 05 through May/June 06, why would we dream of trading him, when he's making the same as Lillly or Marquis?

The fact is, nobody knows what we'll get out of Jose this year. He could become Esteban Loiaza, Version 2004, for all anyone knows. His purported age, the loss of 3-4 MPH on his fastball and that contract through 2009 will scare a number of teams away, especially a "small market" team like the Reds that already has Griffey and Dunn on the books.

Maybe they'll do another weird trade like the Majewski one for Felipe Lopez and Kearns, but don't count on it, and certainly not with the #1 or #2 pitching prospect in baseball. The odds of such a trade certainly didn't go up yesterday, that much is certain.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
I NEVER SAID GARLAND FOR BAILEY. I SAID PHILLIP HUGH. YANKEES FOR PROBABLY DEAL HIM TO US FOR GARLAND BECAUSE GARLAND AVERAGES 18 WINS A GAME AND IS A GREAT POSTEASON PITCHERS 2-0, 2.25 ERA IN 2 STARS.

Well, you're certainly not acting like one. Just because you go to school in NJ, I wonder if some of the garbage and stench is wafting downstate and affecting your precious brain cells.

I certainly wouldn't ask Brooke Shields for advice on trades, so I'll prefer to discuss basketball with Pete Carrill, Bill Carmody or John Thompson before talking any more nonsensical, inane trades with u.

I thought they taught Princeton Tigers how to use a computer keyboard, by the way.

Or is it Princeton, Illinois?

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:55 AM)
If Contreras was such an obvious stud, and the same pitcher from August 05 through May/June 06, why would we dream of trading him, when he's making the same as Lillly or Marquis?

The fact is, nobody knows what we'll get out of Jose this year. He could become Esteban Loiaza, Version 2004, for all anyone knows. His purported age, the loss of 3-4 MPH on his fastball and that contract through 2009 will scare a number of teams away, especially a "small market" team like the Reds that already has Griffey and Dunn on the books.

Maybe they'll do another weird trade like the Majewski one for Felipe Lopez and Kearns, but don't count on it, and certainly not with the #1 or #2 pitching prospect in baseball. The odds of such a trade certainly didn't go up yesterday, that much is certain.

So is your face.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:59 AM)
Well, you're certainly not acting like one. Just because you go to school in NJ, I wonder if some of the garbage and stench is wafting downstate and affecting your precious brain cells.

I certainly wouldn't ask Brooke Shields for advice on trades, so I'll prefer to discuss basketball with Pete Carrill, Bill Carmody or John Thompson before talking any more nonsensical, inane trades with u.

I thought they taught Princeton Tigers how to use a computer keyboard, by the way.

Or is it Princeton, Illinois?

PRINCETON UNIVERSITY GRAD

Edited by JERMAINEDYE4MVP

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:13 AM)
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE CAPS LOCK? IT'S MY STYLE.

Dont let them hate on you. You are the Princeton Grad who works as an astro-physicist, dates only supermodels, bench presses Rosie O'Donnell, can leap small buildings with a single bound, and fights crime at night. Basically you are a better looking, more successful version of Tom Brady with Chuck Norris toughness. You are a hero, men want to be like you, and women want you.

You > Tom Brady

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:18 AM)
Dont let them hate on you. You are the Princeton Grad who works as an astro-physicist, dates only supermodels, bench presses Rosie O'Donnell, can leap small buildings with a single bound, and fights crime at night. Basically you are a better looking, more successful version of Tom Brady with Chuck Norris toughness. You are a hero, men want to be like you, and women want you.

You > Tom Brady

WELL SAID.

Well considering the lack of activity at the trade deadline over the past 2 seasons, considering the current marketplace of teams and whether or not they think they're still in contention, when there's not much chance............. ummm yeah.

But let's have a look at your trade suggestions for the hell of it;

Thome for Jon Lester - Boston gives up their best young starting pitcher. After the Sanchez and Ramirez for Beckett fiasco, can't see them going down this path again. They'd have to trade one of Youklis or Lowell as well.

Jim Thome for Matt Garza. Bwahaha. Sorry I just fell of my chair, and have sustained permanent next and back injuries. Anyways, Minnesota operate under payroll constraints. They have Justin Morneau. Michael Cuddyer can play 1B. Garza is their best young pitcher, and we're division rivals. .00000000000000001% chance of happening.

Joe Crede for Ervin Santana OR Joe Saunders. Or Joe Saunders? The Joe Saunders who's probably not going to be anything more than a 4th/5th starter. You're also 3 months too late on the Crede for Santana bandwagon, which has now left the building.

Jermaine Dye for Lastings Milledge. Now don't forget we already have Brian Anderson and Ryan Sweeney. If anything, if you were going to trade with the Mets, I'd think it'd be for either Phillip Humber or Mike Pelfrey.

Jon Garland for Phillip Hughes. Good lord.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)
The great thing about playing in such a tough division is we will be exposed early (like Cleveland) if we don't cinch 'em up and hunker down and show some cajones.

Facing Sabathia 3 times and Santana at least once will bring out the best (and worst) in this ballclub.

KW was smart to anticipate the aging of the club (Contreras, Thome, Dye) and not to sign anyone long-term, IMO. If the ballclub is buried in 4th place (or 5th) in June or July, the strategy moving forward is obvious. There's really no other choice.

If that means Buehrle, Crede, Dye and even deeper cuts occur to the heart of this ballclub, the White Sox will go on...they'll still wear the same jerseys, only the names will change. You can never get too attached to one player, and losing Thomas, Ordonez, Lee and Valentin should have taught the younger fans that the organization being a "winner" always comes before individual players.

Restructuring the ballclub now will be a lot easier than doing it without a WS championship in the recent past.

I think, in time, dumping McCarthy and Garcia will look like intelligent moves that maximized the return available for those two pitchers, pundits about the Garcia deal notwithstanding. The Astros were smart enough to steer away from former pitcher Garcia and maybe even Garland, liking the "upside" of Jennings much more than the "downside" of Garcia.

JG has won 36 games over the last two years, and half the staff at Baseball Prospectus wouldn't be able to tell you he was tied for the MLB lead in victories over that time span...or that the White Sox also had the most wins as well.

There's something missing with this team and last year's team, and you can exactly put a finger on it, but you can certainly feel or sense it in your bones. It won't take an 0-6 start, Buehrle getting hammered or the Twins sweeping us (out to a 6 game lead the first week?) for many diehard Sox followers to realize major changes are on the horizon with this club.

nice post. honestly i look forward to seeing the approach KW takes to this years draft(its the deepest in 15 years) and rebuilding. If the sox are out of contention i would hope KW maxamizes our return for dye/iguchi/crede/MB and yes im well aware of the sox budget.

Also ozzie can't be at the helm when we rebuild, im not talkng full on firesale but changes are coming.

nothing gold can stay ponyboy

Ponyboy.bmp

anyways i wish the best for the sox this season, its still young and im not jaded yet :cheers

:gosox1:

I must say that supermarket sweep show was amazing, hahahaha

anywho, JERMAINEDYE4MVP we need a new nickname for you, and i will quote the janitor from scrubs for this one:

how about whiney face? no? well, i definitely like whiney.

or scooter? because its short for scooter pie and i hate scooter pie

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:38 PM)
FACT! I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS TEAM IS GOING TO BE ANY GOOD THIS SEASON AND I BELIEVE THAT KW WILL TRY AND TRADE DYE, BUEHRLE, IGUCHI, THOME, CREDE, AND EVEN KONERKO BEFORE THE DEADLINE KIND OF LIKE THE MARLINS DID AND PICK UP YOUNG TALENT.

DISCUSS.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

lamest.troll.evar

QUOTE(JERMAINEDYE4MVP @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
YANKEES FOR PROBABLY DEAL HIM TO US FOR GARLAND BECAUSE GARLAND AVERAGES 18 WINS A GAME AND IS A GREAT POSTEASON PITCHERS 2-0, 2.25 ERA IN 2 STARS.

Damn, looks like Princeton for probably lets anyone in these days.

And I wouldn't trade any pitcher who AVERAGES 18 wins a game and is a great postseason pitchers.

Of course, what do I know? I don' go to Princeton.

:lol:

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(beautox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 03:17 AM)
nice post. honestly i look forward to seeing the approach KW takes to this years draft(its the deepest in 15 years) and rebuilding. If the sox are out of contention i would hope KW maxamizes our return for dye/iguchi/crede/MB and yes im well aware of the sox budget.

Also ozzie can't be at the helm when we rebuild, im not talkng full on firesale but changes are coming.

nothing gold can stay ponyboy

Ponyboy.bmp

anyways i wish the best for the sox this season, its still young and im not jaded yet :cheers

:gosox1:

Something very strange to me was our playing for a tie (a big no-no at home) in the 8th inning with Iguchi bunting, the same Iguchi who's, with all of his good qualities, a fairly poor bunter.

Not only that, but pinch-hitting Cintron, who can't even throw from deep in the hole, for Uribe? Uribe has been one of the best hitters this spring and has always been pretty clutch. Yeah, Cintron had 2 GWRBI against the Tigers and a good game against the Royals, but I would hardly have him up there in that spot over Mackowiak. And the idea of Ozuna at SS scares me as much as Pablo in CF.