Would you be happy with 1 of 3?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
And if they get swept by Minnesota, they can still win the division. I dont understand your argument

And, regardless of the record against the division, the reason they won was pitching, period. They beat teams within the division because they pitched well. 3.61 is a hell of a lot better than 4.61, and that's why they won in 05 and they didnt in 06. Period.

ask anyone what games are most important and they will tell you divisional games, take care of business in your own division and you have a GREAT chance of making the playoffs sorry if you dont buy that argument but thats the truth

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
ask anyone what games are most important and they will tell you divisional games, take care of business in your own division and you have a GREAT chance of making the playoffs sorry if you dont buy that argument but thats the truth

You could also tell anyone that divisions are not won in april, but can be lost and they would agree with you.

The fact is we cannot be happy or even content with taking 1 out of 3. The goal is to win at least 2 out of 3 everytime.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
You could also tell anyone that divisions are not won in april, but can be lost and they would agree with you.

The fact is we cannot be happy or even content with taking 1 out of 3. The goal is to win at least 2 out of 3 everytime.

i agree if you looked at my opening statement..so ur not arguing with me

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)

How do you win those games? You pitch

You are agreeing with me and you don't even realize it.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
How do you win those games? You pitch

You are agreeing with me and you don't even realize it.

dude i realize you need to pitch well to win games i dont know where you are going with that but i still say that division games mean more than non-division games

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
now I know a lot of sox fans on here would say yes, and I also know the recent history of the Sox in Oakland, and I am still going to say I would not be happy with less than 2 of 3 from the A's. I think Jose is going to come out strong tonight and I just hope we can scratch a few across against harden. game 2 I feel good about Garland as he seems to throw pretty well in California in general. game 3, well that's a toss up, if any of the three games I feel least confident about it would be this game. for some reason i see kennedy giving us trouble. all in all, i gotta agree with ozzie i'm feeling 2 out of 3

thoughts?

so far so good. jose came out and battled in game 1!

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 06:47 AM)
...but i still say that division games mean more than non-division games...

Because we all know how many ties for first place occur at the end of each season. Gotta have that tie breaker!