White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
2 runs thru 2 isn't bad. We couldn't expect him to hold the Indians down. What's the chances of an Erstad 4-3 this inning?

Chances are....better than remote!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
If Brandon McCarthy was doing the same thing for the Rangers, we would have a ton of people saying how he is never going to be anything. Danks has now allowed 3 long balls.

The thing is alot of people here liked BMac. I think you mean Ozzie will say he'll never ammount to anything.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
I thought Barfield's was on a high change. I'm just not impressed with his offspeed stuff at all. He seems to have no command.

He has very good offspeed stuff... but like you said, he is having trouble with his command.

I love the overreacting on a 22 year old making his 2nd overall start in the majors.

Number 2 guys, against one of the best hitting teams in baseball. Take a deep breath. Remember also, this is the fifth starter. In 05 take a peak at how El Duque did. It wasnt all roses and smiles from him.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
The thing is alot of people here liked BMac. I think you mean Ozzie will say he'll never ammount to anything.

There are a lot of people that say he allows too many homers, obviously feeling that it is something he will never be able to improve upon.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
There are a lot of people that say he allows too many homers, obviously feeling that it is something he will never be able to improve upon.

Weren't his homer rates high in the minors?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:42 PM)
I love the overreacting on a 22 year old making his 2nd overall start in the majors.

Number 2 guys, against one of the best hitting teams in baseball. Take a deep breath. Remember also, this is the fifth starter. In 05 take a peak at how El Duque did. It wasnt all roses and smiles from him.

We go from a senior citizen to a 22 year old rookie. I love it.