White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:00 PM)
And Rauch.

I was eviscerated earlier this week when suggesting a change in batting coaches, but another week of this, if the pitching continues to be strong, and you'll start hearing murmurs.

LOL. You'll start hearing murmurs of this board. Not by anybody who means anything though.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really that upset....even if we lose today, 5-5 is much better than I anticipated with this earlier schedule/pitching match-ups. Let's face it....if our main hitters struggle all season, we're going to win like 70 games. You can't keep on hoping that Uribe and Anderson will carry you.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
pitching hasn't been a problem... yet

It's funny cause at the beginning of this season, that was our main concern, not the hitting.

Well at least the Tigers are losing even though the Blue Jays are trying really heard to get them back in that game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
I have a hunch Ozzie might be on his way out, he's due for one huge outburst this year that includes a racial slur. The thing is, I don't necessarily won't him fired I just wish he weren't so f***ing stubborn.

Even if Guillen crosses the line with a comment, I'm willing to keep him around.

I honestly believe this team is due for several poor seasons. I'm not confident in our upcoming prospects immediately producing, our aging lineup/pitching maintaining career production, and competing with teams within the decision.

But above everything else, I honestly believe Guillen's influence in Venezuela may be vital in drawing in talented prospects. Look at Felix Hernandez and Garcia. If, after an additional two seasons, we're not seeing this -- then let him go. After which he'll be useless.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Erstad looked pretty crappy on that fly ball. I thought Masset was supposed to throw 96 mph? I'm never trusting scouting reports on minor leaguers.

I was going to ask the same thing. A tick below Jenks they said. If they meant the current Jenks, then there's a problem.