Gary Thorne says Bloody sock was fake

Kyyle23

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
Final Note: The only thing I can see him doing is wearing white sox (I'm clever) to show off his bloodied ankle, because looking at the picture of A-Rod slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand, the first basemen has red socks. I don't know how he normally comes out, so I'm probably dead wrong.

The "red socks" you saw were stirrups.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Have you ever had surgery on a foot, and then played a sport directly afterward? I have. And it bled through my shoe.

I was merely posing a question, and you provided a comparable comparison. And the only time I've ever had surgery on my foot, I didn't play a sport afterwards, but I didn't become physically inactive either; it wasn't a 9 inch scar, but they cut quite deeply. I don't recall it bleeding, but it was also like 8 years ago, so the details are a bit shady.

Anyways, if yours bled through the shoe though, why did Schilling's only appear in various small amounts, never increasing throughout the game?

Whatever, don't answer that, because I can keep bringing up questions like that and furthering an endless, pointless discussion. It's two different surgeries, so maybe there are differences. All I'm saying is Schilling hyped the s*** up out of that sock, and he sucked quite a few people into it with that hype, regardless of what it actually was. He could have changed the sock or the gauze, and no one noticed a thing, but it did get the hype it got, and I'm not surprised in the least.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:02 AM)
The "red socks" you saw were stirrups.

No, they weren't. Doug Mientiksdkitkdstwitz was wearing a solid red knee high sock. Not stirrups.

It's funny how everyone remembers Schilling hyping up "the sock," as if he was the one to point it out.

This is a non-issue and people's arguments are becoming more and more asinine by the second.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:12 AM)
No, they weren't. Doug Mientiksdkitkdstwitz was wearing a solid red knee high sock. Not stirrups.

It's funny how everyone remembers Schilling hyping up "the sock," as if he was the one to point it out.

This is a non-issue and people's arguments are becoming more and more asinine by the second.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball...ling-low-in.jpg

http://www.benmaller.com/graphics/photos/schillingblood.jpg

Yes, they were. See that red stripe above the blood stain? Those are stirrups

Just because Doug Meintkevicz was wearing solid red socks doesnt mean the rest of the team has to follow suit

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
I was merely posing a question, and you provided a comparable comparison. And the only time I've ever had surgery on my foot, I didn't play a sport afterwards, but I didn't become physically inactive either; it wasn't a 9 inch scar, but they cut quite deeply. I don't recall it bleeding, but it was also like 8 years ago, so the details are a bit shady.

Anyways, if yours bled through the shoe though, why did Schilling's only appear in various small amounts, never increasing throughout the game?

Whatever, don't answer that, because I can keep bringing up questions like that and furthering an endless, pointless discussion. It's two different surgeries, so maybe there are differences. All I'm saying is Schilling hyped the s*** up out of that sock, and he sucked quite a few people into it with that hype, regardless of what it actually was. He could have changed the sock or the gauze, and no one noticed a thing, but it did get the hype it got, and I'm not surprised in the least.

He pitched well though.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 06:30 AM)
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball...ling-low-in.jpg

http://www.benmaller.com/graphics/photos/schillingblood.jpg

Yes, they were. See that red stripe above the blood stain? Those are stirrups

Just because Doug Meintkevicz was wearing solid red socks doesnt mean the rest of the team has to follow suit

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

All I said, was that other players were wearing solid red socks while Schilling wore stirrups. Meaning, for all those who passed the fifth grade, perhaps he wore the stirrups knowing that they'd be bloodied throughout the game.

It's a moot point though, because every picture I've seen of Schilling since I said that, he's wearing stirrups.

Someone gave me a great idea to end this once and for all. No one will ever need to bring it up again. I’ll wager 1 million dollars to the charity of anyones choice, versus the same amount to ALS. If the blood on the sock is fake, I’ll donate a million dollars to that person's charity, if not they donate that amount to ALS. Any takers?

- Curt Schilling

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

All I said, was that other players were wearing solid red socks while Schilling wore stirrups. Meaning, for all those who passed the fifth grade, perhaps he wore the stirrups knowing that they'd be bloodied throughout the game.

It's a moot point though, because every picture I've seen of Schilling since I said that, he's wearing stirrups.

- Curt Schilling

If it is so inconsequential, then why did you go out of your way to point out that it wasnt stirrups?

Take your tea and shove it, quit being a top notch a**

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 10:43 AM)
If it is so inconsequential, then why did you go out of your way to point out that it wasnt stirrups?

Take your tea and shove it, quit being a top notch a**

I'm still baffled at what you are trying to argue. If you would like to clarify for me, I'm all ears. Nonetheless, I was referring to Mientkiewicz, not Schilling who wore the all red socks. That is all. No need to get defensive and start name calling.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:03 AM)
He pitched well though.

Never said he didn't, in fact I've stated that throughout.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
Someone gave me a great idea to end this once and for all. No one will ever need to bring it up again. I’ll wager 1 million dollars to the charity of anyones choice, versus the same amount to ALS. If the blood on the sock is fake, I’ll donate a million dollars to that person's charity, if not they donate that amount to ALS. Any takers?

- Curt Schilling

If I were a multi-millionaire, I'd do it in a heartbeat just to see. The worst case scenario for me is that I make an ass out of myself and a million goes to the ALS charity.

The problem is, I'm not a millionaire, so until a millionaire who is curious to see is, this is all still unclear and never will be clear either way. This may be Schilling having a little fun with the media, and it's hard to say without hearing him say it, but regardless of what he meant by it, this is him talking about how much money he has; does that seem like a great guy to you?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 05:54 AM)
You think he could've changed the sock during the game? :P

B I N G O !!

Why didn't the trainer insist on it? They could have changed socks without changing the bandage.