White Sox vs. Angels, 4/29/07 (L)

Heads22

Shades of last year where batters can just plant their feet and swing as hard as they want against Buehrle's pitches. He's got to get that change-up low and away working again.

Well, you won't see a worse AB than that by AJP. The fact he even tried to bunt in that position is so pathetic. I don't give a s*** about the L/R stuff....get him the f*** out of the 4th spot.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
Man, we are so horrible right now at the plate. can't move runners over, not hitting line drives, no walking, its getting down right sad.

We have a guy that all he does is roll over and hit grounders to the right side, yet we have him square around to bunt. The fact Ozzie said he's going to play more smallball now with Thome out is a scary thought.

Crede with an out in the air for the 500th time this season. Thankfully we didn't give him a new contract.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
Since Erstad is our best hitter right now (gasp), why not bat him third and put one of the lesser evils in the lead off spot, like Iguchi, Uribe (he's like our third best hitter right now), or Pablo. I am not particularly fond of the idea, but something needs to be done to shake things up.

Something needs to be done, as the PK/AJP/Dye combo won't work.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
Crede with an out in the air for the 500th time this season. Thankfully we didn't give him a new contract.

With everybody else being so bad, it is easy to forget how bad Crede has been. I think this is proof that he could never be a 3,4, or 5 hitter/the big hitter on any team.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
With everybody else being so bad, it is easy to forget how bad Crede has been. I think this is proof that he could never be a 3,4, or 5 hitter/the big hitter on any team.

He's not getting on top of anything. Even when he hits it good, it's just a warning track fly ball. The only time he's hit line drives is on his 2 strike protect swing.

Ha....pathetic all around. And kiss my ass Hawk....that's about his 10th mistake out there.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Bad 0-2 pitch call

That would be AJP's specialty.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
He's not getting on top of anything. Even when he hits it good, it's just a warning track fly ball. The only time he's hit line drives is on his 2 strike protect swing.

In other words, he's swinging like the Crede of old/before the 2005 playoffs. He just looks clueless and some sucker is probably going to give him 10+ mil a year during his free agent year.

They really do act like Erstad's family members by trying to make excuses for why he would do something bad.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
How was the stolen base call at second?

He was safe...had a terrible slide though. He went on first move by Buehrle.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)
They really do act like Erstad's family members by trying to make excuses for why he would do something bad.

He was safe...had a terrible slide though. He went on first move by Buehrle.

Meanwhile, we're two innings away from a collision with the Angels' pen again.

I was about to say this is one of the best innings I've ever seen Mark throw and then, poof, it's a run on the board.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:20 PM)
Because the offense has anorexia, this season is over.

:P

I wish I could see something that would make me think we can win over 85 games this year.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:22 PM)
:P

I wish I could see something that would make me think we can win over 85 games this year.

Well, at least we're not sending Brandon McCarthy to Charlotte...we would have been worse off with Brandon in the rotation, and Garcia's struggling too, as predicted.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
Bulls sweep

We must be near league-lead in quality starts, no?

No...around top third.

Intentional walk to Erstad here?

The way the Sox are hitting, it might be the best approach. Of course, it won't happen, but it would be hilarious. Meanwhile, Erstad is 14 for his last 41 or something like that.

15 for 42. .357

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
No...around top third.

Intentional walk to Erstad here?

The way the Sox are hitting, it might be the best approach. Of course, it won't happen, but it would be hilarious. Meanwhile, Erstad is 14 for his last 41 or something like that.

15 for 42. .357

yeah, but according to everyone on soxtalk.... erstad sucks, so we should trade him for a dollar bill. :bang

I know his overall stats aren't great yet, but Ersty's numbers as a leadoff hitter are fantastic right now. As much as people b****ed about him there(including myself), he's really done a very good job. Keep it up Darin. :cheers