White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
You've been saying the game is over since it was one or two to nothing. It's the second freaking inning! The Sox are playing like s***, but whiners who give up at 2-0 in the second inning make me sick.

You just have a sense about this team that they're not going to score after giving up an opportunity like that, and then compounding it with three more runs against.

This isn't the World Series team that came back against Oswalt. We're a 45-55 team over our last 100 games, not counting Spring Training this year.

We'll come out of it, but it won't be until after next weekend in Minnesota when we're 7-8 games back.

QUOTE(soxfansince04 @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
I can't get excited about bringing up Anderson unless he's been looking good in AAA these past few days. With his play in April, I don't see how he's any better than the junk we've been seeing lately.

He isn't.

--

Way to go, Sweeney.

Now how the hell is that 4 earned runs for Contreras?

- E. Aybar reached on bunt single to pitcher

- S. Hillenbrand reached on fielder's choice, E. Aybar to third on pitcher J. Contreras' throwing error (should be 1)

- M. Napoli doubled to center, E. Aybar scored, S. Hillenbrand to third

- C. Figgins grounded out to third (should be 2)

- R. Willits flied out to left (should be 3)

- O. Cabrera singled to left center, S. Hillenbrand and M. Napoli scored

- G. Matthews Jr. flied out to left

:angry:

And that's not including Napoli's "double"

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:53 AM)
It amazes me to see how some people fall in love with prospects, even ones they've never seen before. I think a great chip we could trade is MacDougal. It's not likely he'll stay healthy throughout the year anyways.

I'd rather trade Jenks. As much as MacDougal is injury-prone, I think Jenks is a ticking time bomb. Plus he is a closer and has a bunch of saves and World Series experience. Other teams tend to overvalue relievers and the Sox have people coming up who can replace him.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
Actually a good AB by Sweeney. And don't kid yourself about Anderson....he won't come up unless Erstad is injured.

Nor should he until he can swing a bat with something resembling manliness.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
It amazes me to see how some people fall in love with prospects, even ones they've never seen before. I think a great chip we could trade is MacDougal. It's not likely he'll stay healthy throughout the year anyways.

I kinda fall under that umbrella myself, but I have no idea who is really good or isn't. I think he is a good chip, but I doubt very much he'd be dealt. I wonder if someone like Jenks would be dealt. What do you think about that?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)

The Tigers could really use him, with Rodney falling on tough times. Unfortunately, we don't get Cameron Maybin back for him in any realm of the imagination.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
I'd rather trade Jenks. As much as MacDougal is injury-prone, I think Jenks is a ticking time bomb. Plus he is a closer and has a bunch of saves and World Series experience. Other teams tend to overvalue relievers and the Sox have people coming up who can replace him.

Right on.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
I kinda fall under that umbrella myself, but I have no idea who is really good or isn't. I think he is a good chip, but I doubt very much he'd be dealt. I wonder if someone like Jenks would be dealt. What do you think about that?

Aardsma could take over as closer...I just don't think you trade Jenks when his value is about as high as Joe Crede...