And that's another White Sox winner!!!

BigSqwert

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
2 out of 3 from the angels, 2 out of 3 from the twinkies, ...God we suck right.. lets keep it up boys

Hopefully the firesale talk will go away for a while (or atleast until we lose another game.)

Kudos tp the pitching, especially the starters.

QUOTE(fullcollapse @ May 10, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
how did sweeny look in center today?. if he can play a half way decent center field there is absolutely no reason for terrero to be on the 25 man.

Sweeney will not play everyday over Pods or Erstad with our manager, and we're not using him as a part time player and costing him at bats. He's going back to AAA when we are healthy, the sooner people deal with it (regardless of if you like it or not), the better.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 10, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
Sweeney will not play everyday over Pods or Erstad with our manager, and we're not using him as a part time player and costing him at bats. He's going back to AAA when we are healthy, the sooner people deal with it (regardless of if you like it or not), the better.

We're still a month away from any talk of Podsednik returning anyway. So this really shouldn't be an issue until atleast mid June. I don't see why Thome returning would threaten Sweeney's playing time.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 10, 2007 -> 04:38 PM)
We're still a month away from any talk of Podsednik returning anyway. So this really shouldn't be an issue until atleast mid June. I don't see why Thome returning would threaten Sweeney's playing time.

It certainly shouldn't.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 10, 2007 -> 04:38 PM)

Ahh yeah that's a good point, braincramp on my part. Then this talk really is stupid, isn't it?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 10, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
Ahh yeah that's a good point, braincramp on my part. Then this talk really is stupid, isn't it?

Well didn't Ozzie mention that Sweeney would be sent down when Thome came back?

“Is he ready to play?’’ Guillen said. “He’s a little behind. He’s a baby. But he gives me big hits and he’s playing outstanding outfield. He has a lot of pluses. Is he ready yet? No, not really at this time. Maybe later on in the year he is.’’

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
And all of this is with:

Kong at 0.210

Dye at 0.200

Gooch at 0.220

AJP at 0.238

Crede at 0.221

Uribe not available for all games at 0.220

Thome not available for all games

Watch out AL Central.....I see some crooked #s coming up from our O very soon.

:cheers

You got that right! :cheers

Hopefully those listed above start hitting close to their norms before they're all sold off in the great "Fire Sale." ;)

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

Sox starters have lasted at least 6 innings in 16 straight starts and have only had 7 starts less than 6 innings (with 2 of those being opening day and Buehrle's injury).

Starts less than 6 innings

Buehrle 1

Contreras 2

Danks 2

Garland 1

Vazquez 1

Edited by RME JICO

I think our Rotation has surpassed Minnesota as the best rotation in the Central so far in this early season. Before last nights game, the Sox were behind the Twins like 4-5 place with a difference of ERA at about .10, but after these past two games, I am fairly certain that they have pretty much switched places.

If our pitching can keep this up, with our offense hopefully coming back to life (Konerko is starting to come around, and Dye a little), we can be a very dangerous team. I think when Thome and Hall come back which could be as early as sometime next week, our offense will come to life. If it was up to me, when Thome and Hall come back, Stavo and Terrero would go down.

Also, I am still pissed about forgetting about this game, and not tivoing it...

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
And Erstad's growing on me. He'd be the perfect 4th OFer, and I still don't want him starting, but he's the team's best option right now, and he appears to be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Hopefully he keeps producing like he has been, and if he does, I hope he stays healthy.

Hes one of the top producing leadoff hitters in the AL right now. Im not sure that says "4th OF'er" to anyone.

Batting leadoff:

.328 .375 5 BB 4k

67 at bats.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Boom! Though I still don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with Sweeney's .259 average.

it's when he gets the hits, not how many of them, the rest of the team has had an unbelievable knack this season for getting all their hits when no one is in scoring posistion.

I don't care if he's batting .150 if all his hits result in at least one RBI

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 10, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
I think our Rotation has surpassed Minnesota as the best rotation in the Central so far in this early season. Before last nights game, the Sox were behind the Twins like 4-5 place with a difference of ERA at about .10, but after these past two games, I am fairly certain that they have pretty much switched places.

Not to be a downer, but the team ERA after May last year was 4.06, and that's with Garland putting up an ERA of 6.25 before June. You including Jon pitching very well this year, and it's easy to see why the pitching staff has been good.

I want to see if they keep it up through June, and if they do, they'll have my full confidence.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 10, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
Hes one of the top producing leadoff hitters in the AL right now. Im not sure that says "4th OF'er" to anyone.

Batting leadoff:

.328 .375 5 BB 4k

67 at bats.

you think he's going to hit .330 all year? or do you think he will regress to his career averages a bit?

I thought Sweeney looked great today. I LOL'd when he called Uribe off that pop fly (no I will NOT say "can of corn") and the look he gave him afterward.

Also, anybody catch that AJ said something to him when they were shaking hands in line? I would love to hear what that was.

Sweeney.... yes!

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 10, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
I think everyone on this board agrees with me that it would be an absolute travesty is Pods plays over Sweeney.

Pods is probably a better hitter, but not by much. Definitely he'll work more walks. And he's probably a bigger threat on the bases (if/when he's healthy). Other than that, I can see no reason why he should play before Sweeney. In the outfield it's no comparison.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 10, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
I think everyone on this board agrees with me that it would be an absolute travesty is Pods plays over Sweeney.

Yeah, that .300+ batting average Podsednik had before getting hurt isn't good or anything...