White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

There are going to be a lot of these loser threads in the next week, so get used to it. With the Cubs throwing two lefties and Zamboner at us this weekend, we may as well not even show up at Wrigely to save ourselves the embarassment. The only way we win a game this next week is if KW pulls his head out of his ass and decides that some changes might necessary. Maybe he should consider prying his ass cheeks apart and parting with one of out "elite" pitching prospects if it gets us some offense in return. If Sweeney is the best that our minor leagues have to offer, the downslide has only just begun. I know the offense will come around. But to those that say that, I say "Excuses are like ass holes, we all have them, and they all stink."

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 13, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
There are going to be a lot of these loser threads in the next week, so get used to it. With the Cubs throwing two lefties and Zamboner at us this weekend, we may as well not even show up at Wrigely to save ourselves the embarassment. The only way we win a game this next week is if KW pulls his head out of his ass and decides that some changes might necessary. Maybe he should consider prying his ass cheeks apart and parting with one of out "elite" pitching prospects if it gets us some offense in return. If Sweeney is the best that our minor leagues have to offer, the downslide has only just begun. I know the offense will come around. But to those that say that, I say "Excuses are like ass holes, we all have them, and they all stink."

overreact much?

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)

Sweeney is a stud, and could be the top spect on a lot of teams, so don't diss him...

im not concerned... the Yankees aren't playing too hot right now..and yea the Cubs are throwing a couple of lefties out there but there bullpen has been giving up a plethora of runs lately. I say we will win 4 of 6. At least no worse than 3-3 vs the two teams.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
Sweeney is a stud, and could be the top spect on a lot of teams, so don't diss him...

I wasn't "dissing" him, though it could be seen that way. I am actually a fan of Sweeney and think he might be our all star rep. I was only suggesting that there is not much after Sweeney.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROTATION ORDER THE CUBS WILL BE THROWING LILLY, MARQUIS AND ZAMBRANO IN THAT ORDER
Marquis and Zambrano are both righties, and Lilly and Marquis are both pitching way under their career averages, so they are due for a correction. Zambrano has allowed 4+ runs in 5 of 8 starts, so he is not the same guy from last year.

Buehrle - Lilly

Vazquez - Marquis

Danks - Zambrano

Sox sweep.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
If history is any indication, the Sox will win the first two, and the Cubs will win the last game in a shootout.

Soxtalk will continue to b****.

Soxtalk is b****ing because we have absolutely no offensive attack.

Where the Twins have pirahnas, we barely have guppies.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)

Sweeney would not be the top prospect of any team in major league baseball. He would not be the positional prospect of any other team in major league baseball. I doubt he would even be the top OF prospect of any other team in major league baseball.

And that's not any disrespect. I think the Sox should be starting him everyday. He may turn out to be a decent major league ballplayer. But I think people have unrealistic expectations because he's the Sox best positional prospect (or at least in the top 2).

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
Sweeney would not be the top prospect of any team in major league baseball. He would not be the positional prospect of any other team in major league baseball. I doubt he would even be the top OF prospect of any other team in major league baseball.

And that's not any disrespect. I think the Sox should be starting him everyday. He may turn out to be a decent major league ballplayer. But I think people have unrealistic expectations because he's the Sox best positional prospect (or at least in the top 2).

He would be the top prospect for about 5-7 teams.

I'm not going to buy into the 25-30 homers hype by Hawk until he learns to turn on the ball and pull it to RCF, but he's going to be a starter, we just don't know exactly how good he'll be.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
Soxtalk is b****ing because we have absolutely no offensive attack.

The irony is that the Twins nickname comes from them working hard and winning games they have no business winning. We are hitting in the low .220's, have won 6 of 9, and three straight series, and get mocked for it.

The rookie pitching imploded for one game. Eh, it happens.

That is the line of the year. If any Chicago writers are on here they will be clamoring to

borrow your line.

Great line.

The Chicago Guppies vs. The Wrigley Yuppies next weekend.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
Marquis and Zambrano are both righties, and Lilly and Marquis are both pitching way under their career averages, so they are due for a correction. Zambrano has allowed 4+ runs in 5 of 8 starts, so he is not the same guy from last year.

Buehrle - Lilly

Vazquez - Marquis

Danks - Zambrano

Sox sweep.

Right, they're due for a correction, and its going to occur against the worst offense in the AL. The team with the .220 batting average?

It's possible Marquis walks in 4 or 5 runs so we can give our pitchers a chance, but not very likely.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROTATION ORDER THE CUBS WILL BE THROWING LILLY, MARQUIS AND ZAMBRANO IN THAT ORDER

Yeah, but Marquis, still reeling from the pummeling the Sox dealt him last year with the Cardinals, has decided to throw the ball with his left hand this time.

:D

I was at "Massacre on the Marquis" last year at The Cell, what a great time. Anyways, maybe the team that did that to Marquis can remind him just how much of a fluke what he has done this year has been. I'm looking for SOME recipe to wake up the bats after all, maybe that is it.