White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
Danks's hard luck will turn good eventually. Free runs, bad offense, robbed homers. It will turn around.

6 k's for Danks, basically 1 ER

totally, he deserves to get a win today. he pitched great IMO

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
If the Sox actually took pitches the Umpiring may be consistent. Scrolling through the Gameday, I can't find anyone that has taken more than one strike.

AJ ---- HR

Ya.

It's like this ump can't judge Danks hook. He has gotten squeezed a lot unless it is a straight 12-6. If it comes on an angle he gets screwed.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
So for those playing along at home... Send Danks out for the 7th with a one run lead and 84 pitches, or go to the pen?

I send him out, but with the bullpen up in case he gets into serious trouble.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
If the Sox actually took pitches the Umpiring may be consistent. Scrolling through the Gameday, I can't find anyone that has taken more than one strike.

AJ ---- HR

Ya.

No batter has taken strike two or three in this game for the White Sox.

Say a team has a 2 sellouts in a row, and the first sellout is rained out. If all of the people in the first game are allowed to come to the first doubleheader game, how does the team ensure that everyone vacates their seats so that the second sellout can come in and take their seats?

Im sure this hasnt really happened, but I am curious how you would scoot everyone out of the park.

So for those playing along at home... Send Danks out for the 7th with a one run lead and 84 pitches, or go to the pen?

Keep him in for 1 more, if he goes 1-2-3. I even take him into the 8th. We don't think about Sunday right now.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
JD with a double...

That makes hits for the 3-4-5-6 hitters in our line up... I wonder when the last time that happened was?

Are things gettin contagious??

We'll take the free pass...Come on Crede...catch the fever!!!!!!!!!!

I send Danks out. he's pitching solid. Hasn't gotten some calls, but he's dealing.

Send him out there. It would be hard to find someone more effective than he has been.