White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:16 PM)
Its either Mack, or:

Pablo

Gustavo M0-4lina

Andy Straight outta Charlotte

Luis Best PRunner EVER!! Terrero...

Yeah, our options really are that bad.

I know...its awful.

It was more rhetorical, really. Though I think I would almost rather see Ozuna...

Hopefully Mack will get it together.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisox72 @ May 15, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
On a side note, while we wait...

Toby Hall tonight 2-2, 2 singles, 2 RBI

Jim Thome tonight 0-1, 1BB

Hall seems to be getting it together nicely.

He might be but we don't know that.

AAAnderson lights it up down there. Comes up and is terrible.

From what I understand, it's a terrible league with a lot of terrible players. It's hard to measure much.

That he's getting hits is positive, but I want to see how he reacts to Major League pitching.

Glad he's doing well in AAA, though.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 16, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)

You're not really looking at the right stats. He's still striking out as much as he did in his last full stint down at AAA. If he were to come up today it'd probably be more of the same ole, same ole. The same goes for our other real hitting prospect down there, Josh Fields, who -- believe it or not -- is striking out in a larger percentage of his at-bats than Anderson is. It's funny seeing the some of the same people who ripped on Anderson call for Fields to be the Sox' third baseman next season.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 15, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
He might be but we don't know that.

From what I understand, it's a terrible league with a lot of terrible players. It's hard to measure much.

That he's getting hits is positive, but I want to see how he reacts to Major League pitching.

Glad he's doing well in AAA, though.

He's getting hits in game situations, AAA pitching or not. After being off for the better part of 2 months, I think its a great foot forward.

He's getting hits in game situations, AAA pitching or not. After being off for the better part of 2 months, I think its a great foot forward.

Well, I agree, but I'm unwilling to fall in love again based on AAA or ST.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 15, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
You're not really looking at the right stats. He's still striking out as much as he did in his last full stint down at AAA. If he were to come up today it'd probably be more of the same ole, same ole. The same goes for our other real hitting prospect down there, Josh Fields, who -- believe it or not -- is striking out in a larger percentage of his at-bats than Anderson is. It's funny seeing the some of the same people who ripped on Anderson call for Fields to be the Sox' third baseman next season.

Oh, I know that Fields is K'ing. Fields is not a real prospect, IMO. I think he'll bust.

I know BA is still K'ing, too, but I mean...he's hitting fairly well, as far as average, which is what most people cite on here to talk about how well he's doing.

I really wish the best for both of them. I'd be as happy as anyone else if they could come up and be genuine big-leaguers. And I'll be happy as all when Toby's back, provided he can hit.

QUOTE(ROC Sox Fan @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
Scrolling marquee at the bottom of YES has game time at 9:00 Central now.

Seems like whenever the Yankees come to US Cellular, there is a rain delay. Think this is the 3rd year in a row.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 16, 2007 -> 01:02 AM)
I know BA is still K'ing, too, but I mean...he's hitting fairly well, as far as average, which is what most people cite on here to talk about how well he's doing.

I guess it's good that he didn't go down there and totally tank, but he's not really improving. He's striking out in about 25% of his at-bats -- if AAA pitchers are striking you out that much, there are MAJOR holes in your swing.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
I guess it's good that he didn't go down there and totally tank, but he's not really improving. He's striking out in about 25% of his at-bats -- if AAA pitchers are striking you out that much, there are MAJOR holes in your swing.

Now you're talking my language.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
my dad and brother are at the game, I feel bad for them having to wait this out

My dad and I were at the game last year that was delayed. Only an hour and a half but oh my God, and than Vazquez was working so slow. Sox won though.