Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
NBA 2k11 is breaking my balls. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but it's impossible to do some fairly basic things on offense. Like driving, scoring in the paint, and running a fastbreak.

Or throw some medium range passes.

They really need a patch to tone down the defensive aggressiveness.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
He clearly must have traded in some games. Their prices are regulated by corporate.

I think you're right.

But doesn't it also depend on inventory sometimes for used games?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
They really need a patch to tone down the defensive aggressiveness.

i saw a defensive tutorial video on youtube the other day that demonstrated that a teams defensive aggressiveness is purely based on the teams' coaches' defensive philosophy. i.e. if you play the raptors, the defense will sag and passes will be a lot easier, whereas if you play against coach thibs Bulls, the defensive pressure is set at 95 so all players will play very aggressively. or if you are just playing against actual quality defenders, then they will play the passing lanes tough.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 12:53 AM)
i saw a defensive tutorial video on youtube the other day that demonstrated that a teams defensive aggressiveness is purely based on the teams' coaches' defensive philosophy. i.e. if you play the raptors, the defense will sag and passes will be a lot easier, whereas if you play against coach thibs Bulls, the defensive pressure is set at 95 so all players will play very aggressively. or if you are just playing against actual quality defenders, then they will play the passing lanes tough.

I'd love to see them remodel the Bulls playbook and make it more motion oriented. The majority of the plays available set up long jumpers around the perimeter and demand you do a lot of the ISO stuff that was a staple of the Del Negro era.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
So i went to trade in a couple games yesterday to pick up Fifa '11 and couldn't because I didn't have my ID on me. They said it's a state law (NY). Why? Is that the case out in IL too?

i know what you mean.. i learned of that when i was stationed in New York.. and no i dont believe that law exists here in illinois because i traded in some games yesterday and they didnt ask for any type of ID.. New York and their crazy laws i tell ya!

So i went to trade in a couple games yesterday to pick up Fifa '11 and couldn't because I didn't have my ID on me. They said it's a state law (NY). Why? Is that the case out in IL too?

Never happened to me.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
Why is your GameStop so much better than mine?

It was originally priced at $26.. but I have my GameStop card and I traded in GH Metallica because I got the new GH Warriors of Rock and loaded all the Metallica songs onto it making having GH Metallica pointless now..

They do that in pawnshops in IN, I wonder if it is to try to catch stolen materials?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
They do that in pawnshops in IN, I wonder if it is to try to catch stolen materials?

I'm guessing it's to prevent kids under 17 from returning MA-17 games they weren't supposed to buy in the first place, but I mean come on. It was two sports games and I'm in my mid-20's. Give me a break. NY sucks sometimes. I really wanted toplay FIFA last night too! haha

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
I'm guessing it's to prevent kids under 17 from returning MA-17 games they weren't supposed to buy in the first place, but I mean come on. It was two sports games and I'm in my mid-20's. Give me a break. NY sucks sometimes. I really wanted toplay FIFA last night too! haha

I always get carded at the Gamestop and I'm almost 30.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 01:32 AM)
I really want 2K to put Asik in the game so I can start My Association.

Suddenly all my announcer commentary vanished...

I'm thinking of creating him and putting him on the team. The main comparisons he gets is to Andris Biedrins so i figured i'd just translate those stats over to Asik's profile.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
I'm thinking of creating him and putting him on the team. The main comparisons he gets is to Andris Biedrins so i figured i'd just translate those stats over to Asik's profile.

I already made him, but couldn't get the face down and it annoyed me to no end.

Finally beat the arrival with 67 points and 6 assists.

Won the game on a 2 seconds remaining go ahead Jordan posterizing Bird.

Also, I just decided to start my association with CAP Asik. I also replaced the Hornets (made them the NO Jazz, purple gold and green), the Bobcats (made them the Hornets, old Hornets colors), the Jazz (the Frost, old Jazz colors), the Cippers (made them the San Diego Conquistadors, gold, red, black), the Grizzlies (made them the Memphis Sound, gold and navy), and the Thunder (made them the Sonics with the retro unis).

Noah is a rebounding and shotblocking monster in this game.

Edited by Quinarvy

Best. Video. Game. Ever.

I enjoy being dropped into the game against the Lakers to start s*** off... tried out The Arrival and dropped 70 points with 8 dimes easy as pie. Unfortunately that f***** Danny Ainge, after going 4/12 from the field during the game, drained a 3 on an inbounds pass with no time remaining (had 1.5 seconds on the ticker before inbounds pass).

All in all, it was the s***.

I looked at some future challenges. I have no idea how I'll get Jordan the rebounds when needed. In past seasons of 2k, though, I've averaged like 14 apg over a season with D-Rose so that 11+ with Scottie against the Lake joint shouldn't be too tough a task.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Best. Video. Game. Ever.

I enjoy being dropped into the game against the Lakers to start s*** off... tried out The Arrival and dropped 70 points with 8 dimes easy as pie. Unfortunately that f***** Danny Ainge, after going 4/12 from the field during the game, drained a 3 on an inbounds pass with no time remaining (had 1.5 seconds on the ticker before inbounds pass).

I looked at some future challenges. I have no idea how I'll get Jordan the rebounds when needed. In past seasons of 2k, though, I've averaged like 14 apg over a season with D-Rose so that 11+ with Scottie against the Lake joint shouldn't be too tough a task.

Keep in mind the 86 Michael is the "weakest" of the versions.

man how the hell do you guys like basketball games?

is it just because this one is Jordan focused or what, I never could seem to get into bball games.. I think its because it was near impossible to get realistic stats..

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Best. Video. Game. Ever.

For rebounds I was thinking just putting him at center and seeing what happens. I don't know if it'll work or not, but I think its the best bet.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 04:47 AM)
For rebounds I was thinking just putting him at center and seeing what happens. I don't know if it'll work or not, but I think its the best bet.

This is what I tried for a while but it didn't work for me. I just went hard after every single rebound. I got the 9th with like 35 seconds left.