Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
I'll probably get it. Gamertag: rowdyruss22

Just preordered.

Lookin forward to playing and beasting with fellow Sox fans haha.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
I'm enjoying Fallout New Vegas but I don't find the story or characters as engrossing as Fallout 3.

Same here...just don't feel motivated to find this checkered suit guy as much as I did the Lone Wanderer's Father.

PS3 is looking like it's going to go out on me any day now. It shuts off automatically at random times....then I get the blinking red light when it is off. Not looking good. Does anyone know if there is a chance I can back-up my saves to a hard drive? Will there be enough time before it cuts out?

If you're able to turn on your PS3 for a little bit, you can backup your game saves to a hard drive(has to be formatted correctly). There's guides all over the net that shows you how to do this. If you want to save the PS3, there's a website that takes care of the YLOD problem for $65 which is cheaper than paying $150 from Sony. It's great for any backwards compatible machines. In the end, you can also sell the PS3. Even ones with the same problems go for a decent buck on Craigslist.

QUOTE (onedude @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
PS3 is looking like it's going to go out on me any day now. It shuts off automatically at random times....then I get the blinking red light when it is off. Not looking good. Does anyone know if there is a chance I can back-up my saves to a hard drive? Will there be enough time before it cuts out?

Pretty sure that means it's overheating.

There's a used game store in Rockford that says they can fix any game system. They deal with everything from Atari to PS3/XBOX.

Might be a little too far for you but you might be able to check for something closer.

Do you have good ventilation around the PS3? Does the fan run a lot when you play? This could be as simple as the system overheating. If it's in an open area, you could pop the cover off and use and air duster.

I'd pull that bad boy out of whatever crevice it is in, give it a nice cleaning, and start using it in a more open location.

Is it an original-model PS3 or a PS3 Slim?

If the warranty is already over i'd open that puppy up and clean it really good with a can of compressed air. My first PS3 (original 60gb version) overheated to the point that i'm pretty sure the graphics card fried itself. Luckily it was the series of ps3's that GTA IV messed up, so I got a replacement for free. Before I sent it in, I tried to clean it. You'd be amazed by the amount of dust/hair that it will collect.

Also, for those looking to buy a few games, I guess Target next week (starting Sunday) is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale. Good time to stock up on some games.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
T R U you need to come to chicago, theres a dude selling a legit Black Ops on craigslist for 60 bucks, i need you to be my muscle.. there is a McRib in it for you..

Just trust it

I bought MW2 a week early from a lady for $40 off craigslist..

I was scared because she wanted to meet in the CVS parking lot at 11pm, but I sucked it up and got the game early..

Anyone else have NBA 2k11? I've only played a handful of games, but I still have ZERO feel for the controls. They're not very intuitive. I can't seem to do simple dribbling moves, like a crossover. Should I be using some combination with the stick and L2? Anyone have any tips?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
Anyone else have NBA 2k11? I've only played a handful of games, but I still have ZERO feel for the controls. They're not very intuitive. I can't seem to do simple dribbling moves, like a crossover. Should I be using some combination with the stick and L2? Anyone have any tips?

Yes, if you hit L2 twice, you're guy will do a stutter step and drive. If you hold L2 and move the left stick left and right they'll start crossing over. If you hold L2, move around the left stick, then hit your defender with Triangle, you'll almost always free up your guy for a good shot.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)

Life becomes easier if you utilize a youtube tutorial...

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
Just trust it

I bought MW2 a week early from a lady for $40 off craigslist..

I was scared because she wanted to meet in the CVS parking lot at 11pm, but I sucked it up and got the game early..

he sold it so some one else for 120 bucks.. ggrrr... if you were here we could of wrestled it out of his cold, clammy, dead hands

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
he sold it so some one else for 120 bucks.. ggrrr... if you were here we could of wrestled it out of his cold, clammy, dead hands

Eh well its gonna be out very soon now anyways.. i hope i can make my guy mexican but with a white guy voice!!!

For some reason, I really like using the Nuggets in 2K11. Carmelo Anthony is god-like if you use him correctly (mid range jumpers, occasional 3s). My friends and I had a little tournament. 4 minute quarters, I won all the games because of Carmelo, most were blowouts.

wound up popping it open and reflowing the mother board in the oven. Miraculously that worked. I was able to back up everything. I found out reflowing it is just a temp fix, it will happen again. so i'm biding my time saving some money up and i'm going to buy a new ps3.

Would it be possible to stop it from happening again by just getting an intercooler for the ps3....it's the 60 gb, so i'd probably have to find one online somewhere right?

As lame as i thought it would be, the hot chick at the new Microsoft store in oak brook mall convinced me to shell out 150 clams on the new kinect system.. bought a couple games with it and i love it... i feel like im in the future. using only hand gestures to navigate menus. the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved game is really cool and the workouts they have you do really work, its not a gimmick. I was sweatin up a storm doing some of the cardio exercises in there. Bye bye xsport fitness gym, hello living room gym :) :headbang the current titles available are more for families or younger children, i imagine thats because the system itself is only about 4 days old.. im excited to see the direction Microsoft takes with this system.. the potential is basically limitless