Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
Ok, just picked up Uncharted 2 for $36 and free shipping on ebay. On a roll today.

I just popped it back in today because I haven't had my Naughty Dog fix in awhile.

Need...Jak...4.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
Ok, just picked up Uncharted 2 for $36 and free shipping on ebay. On a roll today.

dunno if you've heard, but the director of the movie supposedly wants Mark Wahlberg to be Nathan Drake.....and somehow wants to write parts for DeNiro and Pesci as a father/uncle combo. sounds like a joke but it isn't.

QUOTE (onedude @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
dunno if you've heard, but the director of the movie supposedly wants Mark Wahlberg to be Nathan Drake.....and somehow wants to write parts for DeNiro and Pesci as a father/uncle combo. sounds like a joke but it isn't.

Father/uncle?

I know DeNiro is being considered for Sully, no one knows Pesci's role yet.

Also, Wahlberg confirmed on IGN that he is Drake.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
ugh Mark Wahlberg? Wasnt he already max payne? Has the director ever played a second of the Uncharted series before? I always saw Drake as Gerard Butler sans the accent.

I just would have went with Nolan North (since you know, he's the most familiar with the story, the voice, and the face).

I think Wahlberg will do well, but only if he plays the damn games, which isn't what he did with Max Payne.

Played the new NFS Hot Pursuit yesterday. I was really surprised at how well it played. It's been a long time since I actually enjoyed a Need for Speed game.

The drifting and the boost system were awesome. Criterion made it like half Burnout, half NFS.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
The best game of the year is NHL 11. I don't understand how they continue to make it better, but it is unbelievable.

Yup. The physics engine is great for hitting. The EASHL is still the best game mode in any video game period. Playing team sports online is a lot of fun.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Played the new NFS Hot Pursuit yesterday. I was really surprised at how well it played. It's been a long time since I actually enjoyed a Need for Speed game.

The drifting and the boost system were awesome. Criterion made it like half Burnout, half NFS.

I need to pick that up. I was absolutely obsessed with the one on PC (and Playstation) previously. If they kept the gameplay relatively intact, it's going to rock. That's the best racing game I've ever played (NFS Hot Pursuit of the late 90s).

Anyone play NBA2k11 with the new update? I think it sucks big time. Everyone has a really fast release. Guys like Jordan and Kobe have no hangtime on their jumper. It seems like if anyone touches you, the animation for a dunk changes to a layup right away. Turnovers were wayyyyyy jacked up, if you go in the air to do a jump pass like Rose does in real life, you can bet there will be a turnover. Also, at times your player won't respond to what you want when the shot clock is winding down. I played a game against my brother, did a cross move and attempted to shoot with Rose at the basket for an easy bucket and he didn't shoot. Instead he was called for a travel. It's happened to me a few times. The worse of them all is the ball disappearing on me for 3 quarters of a game. It seems like they waited for Elite to give up and then just released this crappy product.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god.

New Uncharted!

My favorite game studio is back.

I'm so happy.

Uncharted 3: DrakeSee More Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Screenshot at IGN.com

Uncharted 3: DrakeSee More Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Screenshot at IGN.com

Uncharted 3: DrakeSee More Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Various at IGN.com

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
I need to pick that up. I was absolutely obsessed with the one on PC (and Playstation) previously. If they kept the gameplay relatively intact, it's going to rock. That's the best racing game I've ever played (NFS Hot Pursuit of the late 90s).

I remember loving that game on the PC. This was before a 3d GTA, so it was really the first of it's kind. Those spike strips the cops would lay down were the worst.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 9, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god.

New Uncharted!

My favorite game studio is back.

That looks pretty sweet. I'm pumped as well.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 9, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
Anyone play NBA2k11 with the new update? I think it sucks big time. Everyone has a really fast release. Guys like Jordan and Kobe have no hangtime on their jumper. It seems like if anyone touches you, the animation for a dunk changes to a layup right away. Turnovers were wayyyyyy jacked up, if you go in the air to do a jump pass like Rose does in real life, you can bet there will be a turnover. Also, at times your player won't respond to what you want when the shot clock is winding down. I played a game against my brother, did a cross move and attempted to shoot with Rose at the basket for an easy bucket and he didn't shoot. Instead he was called for a travel. It's happened to me a few times. The worse of them all is the ball disappearing on me for 3 quarters of a game. It seems like they waited for Elite to give up and then just released this crappy product.

I haven't had any complaints about the new update.