White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/27/07 (L)

briguy27

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2007 -> 01:42 PM)
Lots of rain tonight....any chance they get this in?

The hour-by-hour forecast currently says that there will be scattered thunderstorms with a 50-60% chance of precipitation around game time.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/spor...HourLink_sports

Up here on the far north side, it's been gray, cool, and drizzly. If it stays like this all day, then they'll play the game. But who knows how it will change between now and then?

In any case, we have tickets, and Mrs. Balance and I will be there tonight (assuming the weather holds).

Edited by Balance

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edwin Jackson... Once considered a top pitching prospect by the Dodgers. From what I remember, he brings the heat.

ahh yes, i remember everyone was saying what a star he would be for LA. ha, so much for that. let him bring the heat. fastballs arent anything w/o movement. remember last year zumaya threw a 102 mph fastball straight as an arrow right down the heart of the plate, and griffey hit it 420 feet? well if u dont remember, it happened. my point being we will hit his fastball around.

lets come out and get to the bullpen quick. im sayin an 11-6 victory

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
From what I know right now, he sucks.

He has a pretty good K rate, but has control issues, already walking 23 batters, which results in him eventually allowing lots of hits, which means lots of earned runs.

I'll put it this way, in the right place with the right pitching coach, and if he could find the strike zone consistantly, he can become pretty good, IMO. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him, and sticking him in AAA.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 26, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
Edwin Jackson... Once considered a top pitching prospect by the Dodgers. From what I remember, he brings the heat.

he was untouchable at one point with the dodgers.

on another note, ozzie's saying pods isn't even close to returning, that they're looking at July now. When is this team going to get a starting LF?

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ May 26, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
Will they wait this game out tonight if it rains because I know they don't like to play doubleheaders when both teams have a getaway day and this is Tampa's only trip to town this year

I think they are going to do everything possible to get this game in tonight.

The weather forecast is not favorable. I wish the weather would either get much better or much worse, and soon, so we can figure out whether this game is going to be played, delayed, or cancelled.

EDIT: The weather is starting to look bad enough that I think we're not going to the game. There's a severe thunderstorm warning, and it's just too likely that we'll end up damp.

Edited by Balance

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 26, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
I'll put it this way, in the right place with the right pitching coach, and if he could find the strike zone consistantly, he can become pretty good, IMO. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him, and sticking him in AAA.

You could've said the same thing about Denny Bautista and Daniel Cabrera, and the latter is getting his chance with a good pitching coach (perhaps the best) right now and he's just wild.

Edwin Jackson is just another of those guys right now, but that's not saying he's hopeless.

Just like to say here, since more people read, that Soxtalk thoroughly dominated WSI today in the charity softball game, 24-12! The 5 of us that showed up plus the two ringers played a grinderific game! It was fun and I hope more of you show up for the next one!

I hope they play, I didn't get to see the entire game yesterday :(

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 26, 2007 -> 05:30 PM)
You could've said the same thing about Denny Bautista and Daniel Cabrera, and the latter is getting his chance with a good pitching coach (perhaps the best) right now and he's just wild.

Edwin Jackson is just another of those guys right now, but that's not saying he's hopeless.

Cabrera has greatly improved this season. Obviously he is still walking too much but he is doing it at a far more smaller rate than he was last season. At this rate by the time he has the = amount of IP's from last season he will have half the walks. Your not going to fix it in just one season but if he continues to improve like this next year he will be a bonafide ace.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 26, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
Game rained out.

No DH tomorrow--the almighty dollar rules.

Game to be made up Aug. 27th.

Birthday win for me, count it.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 26, 2007 -> 05:38 PM)
the cougar game was cancelled tonight, which gave me a much needed day off, but I was hoping the sox could squeeze this one in so I could actually see a game.

You play for the Cougar's or what?

What is this DH talk I am hearing about?