White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/27/07 (L)

briguy27

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 26, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
The way the schedule is getting backlogged with make-up games is starting to worry me, though I guess the Indians are in a much worse situation than us.

It is going to get a little rough after the All Star break for a few weeks we come home from a 11 game road trip, 7 straight against Cleveland and Boston then play a 5 game series against Detriot which could be the series of the year

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 26, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
You play for the Cougar's or what?

What is this DH talk I am hearing about?

haha, i wish.

no, i'm interning with them this summer.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 26, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
Cabrera has greatly improved this season. Obviously he is still walking too much but he is doing it at a far more smaller rate than he was last season. At this rate by the time he has the = amount of IP's from last season he will have half the walks. Your not going to fix it in just one season but if he continues to improve like this next year he will be a bonafide ace.

Right now his numbers this season look just about the same as they did last year and the year before that -- besides for walks, that is. I'm not saying the door is closed on these three guys (and all the rest of those with awesome stuff who just haven't put it together), just that assumptions like that he will be a bonafide ace aren't that simple.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 26, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
haha, i wish.

I always try to get to 2 or 3 KC games a year I went last Saturday it was a good game that pitcher Clayton Kershaw for the Loons was pretty good

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 26, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
The way the schedule is getting backlogged with make-up games is starting to worry me, though I guess the Indians are in a much worse situation than us.

Cleveland has actually played 3 more games than us :-/

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 26, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
Right now his numbers this season look just about the same as they did last year and the year before that -- besides for walks, that is. I'm not saying the door is closed on these three guys (and all the rest of those with awesome stuff who just haven't put it together), just that assumptions like that he will be a bonafide ace aren't that simple.

His era is similar but he has thrown way less walks from last year, and over time thats going to start showing up in his era. So if a good pitching coach can make perhaps the wildest pitcher in mlb lower his walk rate to half in just 1 season why isnt there hope?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 26, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
His era is similar but he has thrown way less walks from last year, and over time thats going to start showing up in his era. So if a good pitching coach can make perhaps the wildest pitcher in mlb lower his walk rate to half in just 1 season why isnt there hope?

Oh, there's hope for these guys, from Daniel Cabrera to Edwin Jackson and Denny Bautista, down to all the guys like this throughout the minors. Remember when people were saying the same thing about Randy Johnson? (I don't -- I was 3. But I'm sure they were saying that about Johnson when he was throwing 99 MPH and walking 100 guys a season.)

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ May 26, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
I wonder if they are going to start Jackson tomorrow or skip him and go with Kazmir?

Yep, they are skipping Jackson and going with Kazmir vs Vazquez on Sunday. So that also means Contreras vs Santana on Monday.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 26, 2007 -> 06:34 PM)
haha, i wish.

What's your major?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 26, 2007 -> 07:29 PM)
Yep, they are skipping Jackson and going with Kazmir vs Vazquez on Sunday. So that also means Contreras vs Santana on Monday.

Which is on WCIU. Which means I have to miss Danks's start-again. God I hate that channel.

Really stupid to not try and get a DH in tomorrow. We keep missing bad pitchers due to the rain outs, like Ponson and now Jackson. This is about as good of news as the fact that Halladay has made a dramatic recovery and will return 3 weeks early to face the Sox next week. We're facing some pretty nasty starting pitching.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2007 -> 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really stupid to not try and get a DH in tomorrow. We keep missing bad pitchers due to the rain outs, like Ponson and now Jackson. This is about as good of news as the fact that Halladay has made a dramatic recovery and will return 3 weeks early to face the Sox next week. We're facing some pretty nasty starting pitching.

yea also considering that we gotta go up against santana on monday :angry:

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 26, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
What's your major?

I'm an economics major ( :huh: ) But still looking to work in sports and its one of the best internships around here.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)

And we have 19 games in 19 days in late August now AND we avoid a bad pitcher AND they could have started tonight at 8:30 easily AND they reschedule it for a Monday afternoon that nobody will show up AND all the fans going tonight got screwed since the tickets are only good for that very difficult to attend makeup date and time. Worst handeled rainout I've ever seen us have.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Thome, DH

Dye, RF

PK, 1B

Crede, 3B

Hall, C

Uribe, SS

Terrero, CF

Vazquez, SP

Good to see Paulie back. Personally I'd like to see Terrero and Ozuna switched in the order. Also Thome 5th against a tough lefty.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 27, 2007 -> 11:40 AM)
Good to see Paulie back. Personally I'd like to see Terrero and Ozuna switched in the order. Also Thome 5th against a tough lefty.

Thome down to 5 would be understandable, but Terrero should not be leading off.

sox will win 4-2. kazmir will have them shut out for 8 innings, and maddon will take him out. it will be 2-2, and paulie will hit a 2 run homer in the 8th, to give them the 4-2 lead, and bobby will come in and hold it, giving them a 4-2 W

Edited by briguy27

Vazquez better be sharp today, as any single or walk will turn into an automatic double with Hall behind the plate. The best chance we have against Kazmir is to be patient and make him throw 100 pitches in 5 innings.