White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
Hawk just called Anderson a 5 tool player. Anderson and Thomas Collaro will save us. /Hawk

Did you even celebrate when we won the series? Just wondering.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
what a bogus effort by a bogus team tonight.

To me IMO, Erstad blew his achilles (sp?)

That's what I thought at first,but Hawk came back from the clubhouse and said whatever it was probably wasn't broken because the pain had subsided.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
Glad means you were rooting for him to get hurt, which I certainly wasn't. I'm just laughing at Hawk right now.

And the answer to this question on T.V. is Gio.

way Hawk sounded he was told more than he was saying.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
I guess if Thome collapsed and Hawk went to check on him you'd be thrilled, too.

He has had a brutal Erstad mancrush all year despite the reality of the situation, and did something I haven't seen him do in 14 years (and we've had some bad injuries in that time). The Erstad/Hawk relationship has been like nothing I've ever seen between a player and broadcaster.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
He has had a brutal Erstad mancrush all year despite the reality of the situation, and did something I haven't seen him do in 14 years (and we've had some bad injuries in that time). The Erstad/Hawk relationship has been like nothing I've ever seen between a player and broadcaster.

As much as you don't like Erstad, the guy plays the game the right way. I don't see how anyone can not respect and appreciate that.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
Did you even celebrate when we won the series? Just wondering.

Yeah, and I did for about 3 and a half months last year too. This team since July of last year has been a joke though.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
As much as you don't like Erstad, the guy plays the game the right way. I don't see how anyone can not respect and appreciate that.

Erstad has been a solid player hitting in the wrong spot in the order all year, I respect HIM quite a bit. The opinions of him spewed by the masses is what has made me want to hurl.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)

But he's got horrible facial hair.

I don't think people don't like Erstad. What I was more frustrated with, and many others, is that it sure didn't seem like he won the job and the amount of playing itme he got for what was supposed to be open competition in CF.

I for one appreciated a Sox announcer making a call or going down to the clubhouse to find out about an injury and informing the audience.

And anyone who is acquainted with White Sox personnel at any level knows this is not the first time Harrelson has done this.

Hopefully Erstad's injury is not serious as he worked his rear end off trying to come back.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)

I don't think people don't like Erstad. What I was more frustrated with, and many others, is that it sure didn't seem like he won the job and the amount of playing itme he got for what was supposed to be open competition in CF.

Well, Anderson just "won" the starter job in CF for four months, whether he won it or not.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)

I believe it's time to end the Rally Proton Accelerator.

It's brought shame to this ballclub and needs to be terminated.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)

There it is, that's exactly how I feel about it. Hawk has somehow made Erstad into a parody of himself though.